Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2013, 01:22 PM

5,295 posts, read 5,235,187 times

Advertisements

When you dont want to keep looking, you've found the right one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2013, 01:26 PM

2,846 posts, read 2,969,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violett View Post
Sure, it's acceptable. The guys I'm seeing are seeing other women, and I would imagine that these men also have their own criteria of what they're looking for, and that's all fine and dandy with me.
And their lies the problem... that behavior is not ok. This is the result of internet dating. You are only fooling yourself. you only hear and see what you want to.. call it what it is and stop hiding the truth. you will sound more reasonable if you do. Im down just like the next but I will say im down all the way- aka FWB. This halfstep business is detrimental.

Quote:
I'm certainly not addicted to internet dating - in fact I turned down dates this weekend because I need a break from the whole thing. Yes, it can be fun, but it's also exhausting and I don't plan to be dating in this way for the rest of my life.
Im glad you can find some time for yourself not to date.. We shall resume the next weekend right??

Look all im saying is come out the closet and tell us your a freak. its cool. I am. Just don't try to pull a fast on us. That is what irritates us! But no harm, its just a forum!

Old 05-23-2013, 01:29 PM

2,385 posts, read 4,332,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adhom View Post
I don't know. I have been in love several times in my life and none of them so far have turned out to be the "one." I'm sure all those intangible things you mention also clicked in my mind or else I wouldn't have fallen in love with them in the first place. However what I have learned from my experience is that things that make you click right away may not last and may even distract you from red flags. Also, attraction that takes time to develop may be worth waiting for and could be even more valuable than things that make you click right away. If you think you can tell the one from just one or two dates, you are likely only focusing on physical attraction.
And this is exactly why I'm dating multiple people and giving guys I don't "instantly" click with second and third dates. I'm open to waiting and seeing.

Old 05-23-2013, 01:38 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,620,823 times
Quote:
And this is exactly why I'm dating multiple people and giving guys I don't "instantly" click with second and third dates. I'm open to waiting and seeing.
TOTALLY agreed. I'm willing to give anyone a second or third date unless they ROYALLY screw up. The guy I'm dating now, our first date was very 'meh' and I honestly didn't expect him to ask for a second. It took 4 dates before he really opened up and relaxed. I know how nervous people can get on first dates, especially those that are initiated online because you don't actually KNOW the person you're meeting... nerve wracking.

Unfortunately, I rarely get past date 2 (and rarely get a date 2, if I'm being honest) because from my experience most guys make a snap judgement on physical attractiveness and then move on quickly if you don't meet their specifications. For me, attractiveness grows and wanes as I get to know a person but I know it's not the same for most men.

Old 05-23-2013, 01:39 PM

"When we talk about serial dating, we are actually discussing the serial dater. The serial dater is one who is artificial and whose life revolves around self indulgence. Think about this, a serial dater is someone who is immature and this is because he or she cannot focus on one person or one aspect. They fixate on minor flaws and do not let relationships become more than a passing phase in their lives.

There are those who will try and defend the concept of serial dating. They will claim that they have a long-term relationship in mind. But this does not matter, as they are doing exactly the opposite of what they claim, and actions do speak louder than words. The reason serial dating has become so popular is because of technology. "

Old 05-23-2013, 01:42 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,620,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfamazing View Post
"When we talk about serial dating, we are actually discussing the serial dater. The serial dater is one who is artificial and whose life revolves around self indulgence. Think about this, a serial dater is someone who is immature and this is because he or she cannot focus on one person or one aspect. They fixate on minor flaws and do not let relationships become more than a passing phase in their lives.

There are those who will try and defend the concept of serial dating. They will claim that they have a long-term relationship in mind. But this does not matter, as they are doing exactly the opposite of what they claim, and actions do speak louder than words. The reason serial dating has become so popular is because of technology. "
And what's wrong with that?

Some people like serial dating and aren't interested in long term relationships.

Old 05-23-2013, 01:42 PM

Quote:
So you are multiple dating plus you are giving multiple guys 2 and 3 dates.... I know it seems as if im overly obsessed with your behavior but somebody has to stop this nonsense.... Where are the MEN?

Old 05-23-2013, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
And what's wrong with that?

Some people like serial dating and aren't interested in long term relationships.
My thing is come out and say it! Don't fake the funk and pretend you are lookin for the right one. Im not against serial dating as long as the end goal is not to end up on some reality tv show and get booted off..

Serial daters get into a routine, and it is a routine that they do not want to let go of. The thrill of looking for and communicating with and going out with a new person every time is what keeps these serial daters going. This cycle is hard to break, especially when the Internet has so many portals and dating websites filled with people and profiles for dating.

To avoid being disappointed, it is best that you analyze if your judgment of that person is right or wrong. Remember that most people are not going to come out and tell you that they are only interested in a passing affair or that they are serial daters. But if you can read the signs and steer clear, you would be saving yourself a lot of trouble and disappointment.

Neither will they come out and say they are a freak in hiding... and clearly these so called men don't have enough bizalls to detect her trickery...

Old 05-23-2013, 02:07 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,000,788 times
I would elimninate by the category below

1. distance
2. personality

Old 05-23-2013, 02:10 PM

Some humor...

Things Girls Don't Understand About Romance - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships