Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2013, 10:11 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,893,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Because they're interested in you?

If I sent a message to a guy who wasn't interested in women over 5'2 is it MY fault if he got mad that I had the nerve to contact him? How would I know he wasn't interested in women like me?

The vast majority of men who contacted me on POF were latino men in their 40s-50s...not really men I'd be interested in, but I didn't get pissed off because they sent a message. I just delete and move on.
If he stated "no women over 5'2 please contact me" then it would be your fault for contacting him. If however he doesn't mention it then no how would you know?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2013, 10:16 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
If he stated "no women over 5'2 please contact me" then it would be your fault for contacting him. If however he doesn't mention it then no how would you know?
Exactly.

Regardless, I didn't message men who had negatives in their profiles or stated 'do not message me if ____'. There is enough negativity out there and I'd prefer not to be with someone who had things on their profile like that.

There were a few men who stated 'I'll only date women over 5'7 or under ___lbs' and I'm just not interested in that even if I met their expectations.

Old 05-17-2013, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Exactly.

Regardless, I didn't message men who had negatives in their profiles or stated 'do not message me if ____'. There is enough negativity out there and I'd prefer not to be with someone who had things on their profile like that.

There were a few men who stated 'I'll only date women over 5'7 or under ___lbs' and I'm just not interested in that even if I met their expectations.
I never realized those were negative comments until I did online this time. I often wonder if this is why I failed because my profile stated "if you are a dad please don't contact me". Originally I didn't have this in my profile until I got bombarded by these men so I added it. However it didn't stop many of them.

For me I never contacted men who clearly stated what they wanted and I didn't fit. Even if I thought their requirements were ridiculous (like all the 40 year old men wanting 20 year olds)I didn't bother with them.

Old 05-17-2013, 10:44 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times
Quote:
I never realized those were negative comments until I did online this time. I often wonder if this is why I failed because my profile stated "if you are a dad please don't contact me". Originally I didn't have this in my profile until I got bombarded by these men so I added it. However it didn't stop many of them.

For me I never contacted men who clearly stated what they wanted and I didn't fit. Even if I thought their requirements were ridiculous (like all the 40 year old men wanting 20 year olds)I didn't bother with them.
I just think if you're online dating you should be positive and at least give the impression that you're open to many types of people, even if you're not. I don't like making people feel bad and to straight up say 'You're not good enough for me' seems like a very negative thing.

Old 05-17-2013, 10:48 PM

That makes sense and if I did online again (doubtful)I'd probably word it in a better way.

Old 05-17-2013, 10:51 PM

69 posts, read 65,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
Simply awesome Ren and Stimpy reference.

Old 05-17-2013, 11:49 PM

114 posts, read 214,545 times
Quote:
That makes sense and if I did online again (doubtful)I'd probably word it in a better way.
What do you have against single dads anyway?

Have you ever seen a father playing with his/her child?

Probably not, because then you would realize that these men often have a heart of gold.

I don't know it appears to me you are very selfish and demanding that others be a certain way. What have you got to offer in exchange?

You sound like my ex who would constantly criticize others while never looking at her own self.

Old 05-17-2013, 11:59 PM

1,201 posts, read 1,579,050 times
My friend signed me up one drunken night and I forgot about it until I started getting emails. I ended up going on one date with a couple of incompatible women and another with my now fiance. Come to find out her friend had also encouraged her to get on there. It made for good conversation, but had I known POF's reputation at the time I probably would've expected her to drag me to her place to have sex. My friend that signed me up is a piece of s**T nowadays, but I'm glad he got me on there.

Old 05-18-2013, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg323 View Post

Probably not, because then you would realize that these men often have a heart of gold.

I don't know it appears to me you are very selfish and demanding that others be a certain way. What have you got to offer in exchange?

You sound like my ex who would constantly criticize others while never looking at her own self.
Because I don't want the drama nor do I want the financial responsibility or suffer due to it. I also want the big Catholic wedding. I also don't want to come after his kids or his ex.

These men have a heart of gold? oh please not anymore than men without kids. If anything many are more selfish because they often want the new wife to support their kids or exwives. Maybe most of them should have worked on keeping their marriage together instead of divorcing. As for never married dads I won't even go there except they should have gotten married in most cases.

So nope not interested in single dads.

Old 05-18-2013, 12:18 AM

9,007 posts, read 13,841,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg323 View Post

Wha do you have against fat women?
Aren't you the same guy that didn't want fat chicks contacting you?
Strange. Maybe the fat chicks have a heart of gold?
It appears you are very selfish and demanding that others look a certain way.
What have you got to offer in exchange?

Everyone has preferences.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships