Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2013, 01:16 PM

2,846 posts, read 2,971,216 times

Advertisements

I fell upon this guy via another DC thread asking if he statements were correct or if other men could identify with his thoughts on how DC sucks for dating and how people their are boring. Many will have negative comments and run him off as a nut job. But how many people take the time to travel the world, get booked on tv shows to explore human interraction and how we socialize?

In this clip roosh gives his views on if muscles matter. Having lived in 7 countrie to include eastern europes like him, I thoroughly enjoyed his analysis and he make some good correlations.

But- if you haven't lived in various countries, are not analytical or of the inquiring mind by nature and this topic doesn't interest you, then your negative comments will hold no water as you have to experience or personal assessments to go off.. it has 21k views since last august so apparently it does peak the interest of people.

Its up for debate and discussion.

Do Muscles Matter? - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2013, 01:31 PM

13,656 posts, read 9,717,813 times
Good entertainment, but the narrator's ethnic analysis is exactly backwards. In Eastern Europe, women appreciate a bulky (muscular) man. It's regarded as literally and figuratively a testament of masculine strength. In the US, bulk muscle is very much of secondary importance, and can even backfire, as it might imply a fellow who's excessively egotistical or fanatical about the gym. In Russia, a nerd who bulks-up is no longer a nerd. In America, a nerd who bulks-up is a nerd with muscles.

Old 05-22-2013, 01:32 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,999,231 times
lol.

It's like the guy in the video read some of the posts I've made on here in the past and made a video about it and related it to what he's experienced.

Old 05-22-2013, 01:59 PM

1,304 posts, read 2,576,568 times
If you are 2 standard deviations in the US in terms of muscle, you will get some attention. But when you get to 3 standard deviations, you get literally flooded with females throwing themselves at you.

Old 05-22-2013, 02:04 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times
Eh. I've never been into muscular men and six packs are a turn off for me.

I do know plenty of women who are into super muscular guys but I've never really understood it. It would be like cuddling with a rock and that sounds unappealing to me.

Old 05-22-2013, 02:07 PM

7,685 posts, read 6,197,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Eh. I've never been into muscular men and six packs are a turn off for me.

I do know plenty of women who are into super muscular guys but I've never really understood it. It would be like cuddling with a rock and that sounds unappealing to me.
I think maybe some of such women think something else will be like a rock as well.

Old 05-22-2013, 06:14 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,349,337 times
Hmmm...

A lot of the women I know claim that the extremely big "jacked" guys are rather disgusting. I have good enough luck with women being the size of the guy in the video (I might be even smaller) I have very little definition as well. (barely a six pack)

Okay, women are not purely sexually attracted to me. There are other reasons that they like me, besides sexual. But, at least I can move and run circles around the posers in those magazines.

Old 05-22-2013, 06:19 PM

39,232 posts, read 27,611,062 times
It matters to me. I like a rock hard body. Six pack to me means great strength, dedication, low body fat, healthier life style and choice (this is debatable) But I don't like body builders type, I prefer a swimmer's body. Nothing is sexier than a man with a solid six pack.

Obviously different people have different taste. To me and my female friends, muscle + six pack Lean, long swimmer's body is ideal.

Old 05-22-2013, 06:24 PM

1,479 posts, read 2,720,156 times
Being really bulky is useless IMO not to mention the fact that it decreases a mans speed and agility when playing sports. I'd rather be 180lbs and ripped then 230lbs with gobs of bulky muscle. Also, most women I know put a higher importance on eyes and smile than on physique.

Old 05-22-2013, 07:54 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times
Some muscles.....yes please.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships