Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2013, 03:05 PM

39,370 posts, read 27,759,323 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayton Sux View Post
but have sort of a bad feeling about it since he is apparently straight
No, he is not.
He should be a politician.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2013, 03:09 PM

2,427 posts, read 3,992,574 times
c'mon guy, you know exactly what you're doing

two weeks from now you'll be posting about how he promised to leave his wife for you or some such nonsense

"something that rubs me the wrong way"... uhh, ya think? but there's also something that's rubbing you in just the right way about this or else you would have broken it off after the first email where he said he was married

Old 05-24-2013, 02:39 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,332,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayton Sux View Post
I am going to pull the plug.

Not what I am looking for...no...not going to be the other woman, not going through with this.
Good for you, stick to those principles, you deserve better anyways, someone who is as serious as you. This guy sounds like a dirty rotten scoundrel..he would USE you.

Old 05-24-2013, 03:32 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,437,903 times
Seems like Craigs list is all about the unsavory. You would be that hetero mans gay piece of azz on the side.

Wonder how many other times he has cheated on his wife like that, whether it be a man or a woman....

I know you miss your fella, may he RIP, but I don't think this is the way.

I don't know if Match has a homosexual aspect to it but I would much rather put out 30 bucks a month than turn to CL. Sometimes they run free first mo specials, etc....

Wish you the best of luck and maybe don't do anything you will feel guilty about. Not only would he be wrecking his familys life, but so would you be.

Old 05-24-2013, 03:53 PM

537 posts, read 1,248,838 times
You are in a really vulnerable place right now and the last thing you want is to be emotionally attached to someone who lives a lie.

If you want affection and love and attention, go out and do something you enjoy and meet people from doing that. It might take a little longer but in that time, you might find that the affection you need the most is from yourself.

My best friend just left a five year relationship, and he went on dating sites and realized that they're filled with people who just want sex. It's easy. It's free. Do you want that detachment? You'll feel so much worse afterward. He decided to spend the next year just enjoying being on his own. I have respect for that since most people don't even know how to sit in a room quietly with themselves.

I think venturing into this kind of relationship is bringing to light what's going on inside of you. It's chaotic, and it's bound to get worse if you decide to pursue it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships