Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Face, Physique, and Height.... Ladies, which affects attraction for men the most?
Physique 7 17.50%
Face 22 55.00%
Height 11 27.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2013, 08:46 PM

2,159 posts, read 2,818,028 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
* I have to say in my basic peer group because it's not like I go out with every guy I meet. For example, I once had a creepy guy, about 30 years older than me that I met on the street (who stared at my chest the whole time he talked to me--a glimpse I can forgive, but literally, he starred) and then tried to take me by the arm--complete stranger. Yeah, too weird and I didn't go with him. So not weird ones like that.
I had a boss that used to stare at my chest. It took me a few weeks at the new job to make the connection because I hadn't had that problem since teenage boys back in the day. 'Why isn't he making eye contact with me? Is there something wrong with my shirt? I've got food on my shirt don't I? Do I have a change of shirt in the car?' But then I'd get distracted from that line of thought and think about work. And the same thing kept happening. I felt like such a moron when I caught on. I'm average endowed and don't put them out for display. It's not usually a problem for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2013, 08:50 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,247,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monemi View Post
I had a boss that used to stare at my chest. It took me a few weeks at the new job to make the connection because I hadn't had that problem since teenage boys back in the day. 'Why isn't he making eye contact with me? Is there something wrong with my shirt? I've got food on my shirt don't I? Do I have a change of shirt in the car?' But then I'd get distracted from that line of thought and think about work. And the same thing kept happening. I felt like such a moron when I caught on. I'm average endowed and don't put them out for display. It's not usually a problem for me.
Some of us do like a smaller chest on a woman.

Old 05-26-2013, 09:28 PM

1,514 posts, read 2,124,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
Some of us do like a smaller chest on a woman.
Perhaps; but there's no reason to have a staring contest with a woman's chest.

Old 05-26-2013, 09:28 PM

5,121 posts, read 6,818,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monemi View Post
Maybe it was the same guy?

LOL

Honestly, I don't mind it when men look at my chest--if it's a glimpse or something. I figure sometimes they can't help it and they aren't doing it to be rude or anything, they just like looking at women and if they are interested in a woman, they look at her body. But the guys that just lock in and stare right at it--that I don't like. At least try to look at my face, lol.

Old 05-26-2013, 09:40 PM

541 posts, read 915,217 times
Add bank account to your poll.

Old 05-26-2013, 09:44 PM

472 posts, read 571,700 times
Questions like this can be good when you're just looking. When you find the person for you, I hope this question becomes irrelevant, because otherwise you might be ruining what you've got.

No matter what the "average" or "most common" response, what really matters is the two people involved in a relationship and what is important to them. If it's right, it doesn't matter what the rest of the world thinks.

Old 05-27-2013, 06:28 AM

7,453 posts, read 13,450,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
To me, it is simple. Feels nice when a tall man hugs me. I want somebody to look UP to.
I'll hug you anytime

Old 05-27-2013, 06:30 AM

7,453 posts, read 13,450,070 times
Interesting poll results.....one of the better polls here

Old 05-27-2013, 06:42 AM

2,776 posts, read 3,065,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
Granted, the three things can be related since it's easier to stay lean when tall, and it takes a sleek physique to bring out the jawline and cheekbones.
#1. Sense of Humor.
#2. Honesty.
#3. Good hygiene.
#4. Compassion.

Old 05-27-2013, 12:25 PM

855 posts, read 1,387,288 times
Originally Posted by shortnblack
Any woman on who says height is not the FIRST AND FOREMOST attraction factor in a man is lying! No need to play Pinocchio lol!

Yes there are some women here on CD who are adamant about height being of little importance. They will even argue tooth and nail that it's the guys who make height and looks important more than they do. I wonder if it's all about saving face to appear less shallow here?

C'mon now ladies, y'all see height in a man first and then measure the quality of his face with that. If his face and overall physique compliments his height, he gains a lot more favour in your eyes. Yeah, sometimes the facial quality can overshadow his height and physique but it's rare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Eh, I said I NOTICED it first because that's basically the first thing one can notice about anyone, and I first notice height on men AND women. Being super tall makes me notice it on basically everyone.

Regardless, why is it shallow for a woman to want a tall guy, but perfectly fine for a guy to want a short woman? I've been rejected plenty of times by guys who said I was too tall for them, including a few that were much taller than I was. Most guys want petite, small, short women and most women want tall, bigger guys. That's the way it is, move on.
Height is one of the physical characteristics about a person that stands out, but it's not always the first or only physical trait a person can notice on another person.

How a person carries themself, the level of confidence they exude, wardrobe or their overall presence can overshadow the importance of height.

In your case being a 6'1 woman, I can understand and why you see height first in a man. Women taller than 5'9/5'10, tend to stand out because you don't see extreme heights in women every day. And yes, you ladies do get unwanted and unfair attention directed at you so I do understand your situation Jet, but not entirely only because I'm a 5'6 guy.

If height is what you see first, that's fine and there's nothing wrong with that. It's when ladies don't allow themselves to see more and explore the other qualities aside from height that makes a man unique. It shallow if your focus in a man is all based on how tall he stands and nothing more. I used to have issues with women who hold this mindset but I quickly realized the caliber of their minds is not reflective or complimentary of the body they possess. They are a waste of good looks really.

I'm one of those guys who doesn't need a petite, small, short, dainty woman to make me feel like a man even though society says I should stick to them to look normal.

I've always been turned on by taller, leggier, curvier ladies that stand inches above me. This is one of the reasons why I love, cherish, respect and appreciate those ladies, especially the taller ones who aren't afraid to look down, smile at me and find out what makes me tick.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships