Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2013, 02:59 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Duck View Post
Quoi?
Duckie Power! Enjoy your weekend, Ducks!
You lucky duck--you're in the San Fran area! Lots of stuff happening on the weekend! Wallow in it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2013, 02:59 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,999,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Duck View Post
Quoi?
Memorial day weekend is 3 days, so she considers Memorial day to be the 2nd Sunday.

Old 05-26-2013, 03:03 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,160,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Duckie Power! Enjoy your weekend, Ducks!
You lucky duck--you're in the San Fran area! Lots of stuff happening on the weekend! Wallow in it!
Nah, going to be working most of the weekend. Lots of editing needs to be done.

Old 05-26-2013, 03:06 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Yeah...I know I've said multiple times that I like dressing up, I do wear makeup (though very lightly and not all the time) and always have my hair done nicely, so I don't get why people are saying I hate all of those things. I mean, I do wear jeans and tshirts and sometimes have my hair up in a ponytail but I didn't realize those were 'masculine' things.

It's not like I'm the only woman who plays video games and likes sci fi, either.
Too bad you aren't on the east coast, lol, one of my sons is having a hard time finding someone just like you

Old 05-26-2013, 03:08 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Too bad you aren't on the east coast, lol, one of my sons is having a hard time finding someone just like you
She IS on the East Coast! She just relocated there in winter!

Old 05-26-2013, 03:08 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
She IS on the East Coast! She just relocated there in winter!
ohhhhhhhhh----- we should dm, lol

Old 05-26-2013, 03:11 PM

571 posts, read 1,201,221 times
You don't have to suppress your likes and dislikes.

You'll find someone who appreciates all of you: the unique, the good, the bad.

Before I married, I dated quite a bit. Some were total mismatches, some were pretty good, with a mysterious element missing - sometimes it was hard to put my finger on why it was close, but not quite.

I'm sure you know all that. Better to keep looking than end up with someone who will make you unhappy in the long run.

Old 05-26-2013, 03:12 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,368,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Personally, I think he met someone else and all this is just a lame excuse.
Right. Men can say whatever they want. And you are all messed up over whether you should not pay for food, or whatever, you did wrong, in the end, it is a waste of time and energy. He just is not into you.

Old 05-26-2013, 03:30 PM

3,391 posts, read 4,483,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
This guy did her a favor by letting her go instead of using her for sex or free dinners, etc. There are MANY guys that would have continued seeing her knowing that she wasn't the type of woman he would want for an LTR or marriage. At least give that guy some credit for breaking it off instead of stringing her along.
I will give the guy credit for not stringing her along. But his explanation still sounds implausible. In my experience, men rarely dump a sexually available woman unless they have another sexually available woman waiting in the wings. However much men may hate being in a given relationship, they hate not getting regular sex even more.

Old 05-26-2013, 03:53 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,148,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Yeah...I know I've said multiple times that I like dressing up, I do wear makeup (though very lightly and not all the time) and always have my hair done nicely, so I don't get why people are saying I hate all of those things. I mean, I do wear jeans and tshirts and sometimes have my hair up in a ponytail but I didn't realize those were 'masculine' things.

It's not like I'm the only woman who plays video games and likes sci fi, either.
You've never said that you're sisters like dressing up and that that's not your thing and that you more comfortable doing "guy stuff"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships