Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2013, 07:00 PM

438 posts, read 660,717 times

Advertisements

Having or not having children is serious business and shouldn't be handled lightly. I think too many people grow up and have children without even a thought about what that takes to be a healthy parent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2013, 11:46 PM

2,113 posts, read 2,406,823 times
[quote=dub dub II;29918431]We've been together for a couple months now but she's not budging on the 'no kids' thing. The thing is, I want a family...

But, I really like her otherwise.

A couple months? Where's the fire?

Instead of getting on her because she doesn't want kids, I am going to ask you: what's so important to you about having kids? Why can't your family be a family of two? What would you be missing? The reason I ask this is because IMO people are called to task as to why they don't want kids vs. why they do want to have them. If two months in this is a big deal, just let her go. She deserves a childfree guy, and you deserve what you want.

Old 06-10-2013, 07:38 AM

22,339 posts, read 29,439,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipitop View Post
Yeah maybe you just considered itself ugly and do not want extend ugliness. Worth for another posters too. I didn’t know some people have instinct to not reproduce itself. Granted sad ting is that really mentally sick people do not have that instinct. At another thinking maybe women at this post are sort of ones that work like stripteases. I cannot imagine that women want kids too.
Again you show your complete ignorance. How did you make it this far in life??? Obviously you aren't doing too well by your grammar skills..

I am far from ugly my friend and obviously you have no clue of how the real world works because most "stripteases" are single mothers!!!

Old 06-10-2013, 07:39 AM

22,339 posts, read 29,439,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laughing traveler View Post
Having or not having children is serious business and shouldn't be handled lightly. I think too many people grow up and have children without even a thought about what that takes to be a healthy parent.

BINGO!! I couldn't have said it better myself. I simply do not want to put my life on hold just to reproduce and that was the healthiest decision I've made all my life..

Old 06-10-2013, 10:06 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,201,037 times
Move on to a woman that actually wants kids

Old 06-10-2013, 10:18 AM

39,232 posts, read 27,611,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dub dub II View Post
We've been together for a couple months now but she's not budging on the 'no kids' thing. The thing is, I want a family...

But, I really like her otherwise.

Is it fair to continue to pressure her into wanting kids? I mean, she's young (still in college) and I know many girls at that age (and younger) don't want kids...so I've kind of just been going with the assumption that she'll change her mind eventually.

I'm young too, so I can afford to stick around a bit even if she retains her stance (because I like being around her) but am I just wasting my time?

Or maybe she'll change her mind?

I don't want to not be with her...
I don't think you two should worry about starting a family at this point. It is just my most humble opinion. Most young people change their mind about having kids.

I never thought about starting a family, and I am 28 years old. I might want to have kids someday, but definitely not right now.

Old 06-10-2013, 03:20 PM

3,493 posts, read 4,673,116 times
lol, the responses are split between " The relationships is/you're too young to be thinking about this.." and "Move on.."

Quote:
I say just go with it and see what the future holds. If you're into her, this is not a reason to break up with her at your age.
I'm doing this for now.
I just hope I don't end up building a relationship with her then leaving because it didn't pan out...
Because that'll be painful for both of us.

Or, worse yet...While being with her, someone I meet is more compatible with the kids thing and I either don't pursue a relationship with her or else I do, in which case it'll be hard on her. (And me..)

But, I'm playing it by ear right now.

Old 06-10-2013, 04:38 PM

442 posts, read 800,666 times
^Get her pregnant, see how she takes it.

Old 06-10-2013, 05:03 PM

6,497 posts, read 11,816,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dub dub II View Post
lol, the responses are split between " The relationships is/you're too young to be thinking about this.." and "Move on.."

I'm doing this for now.
I just hope I don't end up building a relationship with her then leaving because it didn't pan out...
Because that'll be painful for both of us.

Or, worse yet...While being with her, someone I meet is more compatible with the kids thing and I either don't pursue a relationship with her or else I do, in which case it'll be hard on her. (And me..)

But, I'm playing it by ear right now.
So, if she tried to convince you to change your mind, what would you do?

Here's what it comes down to... you two do not share the same life vision. If you're contemplating marriage (in general) within a not-so-distant time frame (within 5 years?), then you should just move on.

Old 06-11-2013, 07:02 PM

2,657 posts, read 8,034,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipitop View Post
If most of you at this post do not want kids why you need partner at first place? You need not him for sex as you can do that alone. As you need not partner you need not this forum to. Actually I believe some health problem is behind "I do not want children" in all of you. Nice to see that discard of evolution feel it itself that they should not reproduce.
Sounds like English is not your first language. You probably wouldn't understand why, but I (childfree person) think your post is one of the most inane and hilarious I've read here. I had to spread it around to the CF boards so we could all share a laugh
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships