Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2013, 09:19 AM

523 posts, read 840,374 times

Advertisements

This thread is disgusting and racist. Look at the facts. Yes, Asian women, white men is the most common interracial couple but it's only 14%. Part of the reason is that white males do not date other races as they do Asian. Asians are a "successful" minority in the US and therefore it is most acceptable for whites to date Asians, not so much for the other races. It is not because Asian women hate their own race. The majority of Asians date and marry Asians. If you think otherwise, you are ignorant and are taking what 1 or 2 people say and taking that as fact.

Old 06-08-2013, 09:21 AM

2,159 posts, read 2,812,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
I know I'm right.
Ahhh! That makes more sense.

I don't give much thought to how he looks until we're at the mall or something and he's standing by his siblings and someone asks a question. Like what I charge his mother for babysitting. Or what country are his parents from. I answer England and Canada and then they look annoyed and ask where his Grandparents came from. England and Canada. His Great-Great-Grandmother is a long ways back.

Old 06-08-2013, 09:23 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,611,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogluvr2013 View Post
This thread is disgusting and racist. Look at the facts. Yes, Asian women, white men is the most common interracial couple but it's only 14%. Part of the reason is that white males do not date other races as they do Asian. Asians are a "successful" minority in the US and therefore it is most acceptable for whites to date Asians, not so much for the other races. It is not because Asian women hate their own race. The majority of Asians date and marry Asians. If you think otherwise, you are ignorant and are taking what 1 or 2 people say and taking that as fact.
amen!

Old 06-08-2013, 09:36 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,935,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogluvr2013 View Post

Just a bunch of nerds with no lives trying to discuss useless things.

Old 06-08-2013, 09:58 AM

664 posts, read 1,036,501 times
Body hair and bigger tools.

Old 06-08-2013, 09:58 AM

937 posts, read 1,135,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunseenguest View Post
Yes I get your point. It's part of the entrenched racist structure in the USA which allows Asian women to be blended into the mainstream American social and dating scale while the other side of the coin i.e., Asian men who come from the same high class position are projected as social misfits, undesirable and often the butt of jokes and racial stereotypes. It's perhaps indicative of the "egalitarian" nature of the US.
Whenever I'm in CA, particularly, L.A. and San Francisco, I always see a number of "hot" tall Asian American men from various ethnic backgrounds. I seriously doubt that these guys have issues w/ respect to dating.

Perhaps it may be true that short Asian men experience some difficulties dating, but I think this is across the board for all races of men, who happen to be short.

Old 06-08-2013, 10:03 AM

52,272 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGirl332 View Post
Whenever I'm in CA, particularly, L.A. and San Francisco, I always see a number of "hot" tall Asian American men from various ethnic backgrounds. I seriously doubt that these guys have issues w/ respect to dating.

Perhaps it may be true that short Asian men experience some difficulties dating, but I think this is across the board for all races of men, who happen to be short.
I'm about 5'8" maybe 5'9" if I have a good day, I have an Asian co-worker, he's about 5'11", I strain to not make jokes about him.

You just don't see tall Asian people........ seeing a "number of hot tall Asian guys" is an anomaly... I don't care how you want to spin it... you just don't see that many....

Old 06-08-2013, 10:08 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,535,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortDoctor View Post
Why is that?
IMO, in a lot (not most, not all but a lot) of cases there is a combination of self hatred/White worship on the part of some Asian women who "only" date White men. And there are many White men who fetishize Asian women. Even those who have described Asian women in this thread have a tendency to describe Asian women in the most stereotypical, fetishized terms. For many White men, Asian women are not individuals but they are interchangeable, idealized beings despite what the women's actual individual attributes happen to be.

Old 06-08-2013, 10:10 AM

52,272 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
IMO, in a lot (not most, not all but a lot) of cases there is a combination of self hatred/White worship on the part of some Asian women who "only" date White men. And there are many White men who fetishize Asian women. Even those who have described Asian women in this thread have a tendency to describe Asian women in the most stereotypical, fetishized terms. For many White men, Asian women are not individuals but they are interchangeable, idealized beings despite what the women's actual individual attributes happen to be.
This applies to any type of woman that a man "fetishizes"......... insert race here.. as it doesn't matter....

Old 06-08-2013, 10:15 AM

664 posts, read 1,036,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
This applies to any type of woman that a man "fetishizes"......... insert race here.. as it doesn't matter....
You can't control what makes you sweat and makes your blood boil. It just is...

"Eh...she's ok."

"Good God, she's hot!"

And yes, Asian women can be very hot.

Just like Italian, Latino women....lots of dark hair.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships