Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2013, 09:01 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,525,892 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitteringPrizes View Post
lol I'm just trying to understand things for future reference. Everyone has some story about "the one that got away."
Shoot, after this thread, I need help figurinng out your behavior. How can she be the one who got away if you don't want to ask her out? Let it go, man. Sometimes people just delete or deactivate accounts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2013, 09:12 PM

217 posts, read 307,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Shoot, after this thread, I need help figurinng out your behavior. How can she be the one who got away if you don't want to ask her out? Let it go, man. Sometimes people just delete or deactivate accounts.
I dunno. That's the first time I've seen a person who was very active on Facebook, deactivate their account without notice and not reactivate it for 1/2 a year.

Old 06-08-2013, 09:34 PM

102,213 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
lol I'm just trying to understand things for future reference. Everyone has some story about "the one that got away."
She's not the one that got away until you ask her out and she declines. Right now, you're throwing her away. Go figure.

Old 06-08-2013, 09:47 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,919,333 times
Here's a hint. Don't try to figure out people's behavior. Its almost hopeless. I've tried for years and I am still left scratching my head many times. One thing I've learned over the years, when opportunity presents itself, and you're interested, go for it, because the opportunity might very quickly disappear. He who hesitates is lost.

Old 06-08-2013, 09:54 PM

102,213 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
Here's a hint. Don't try to figure out people's behavior. Its almost hopeless. I've tried for years and I am still left scratching my head many times. One thing I've learned over the years, when opportunity presents itself, and you're interested, go for it, because the opportunity might very quickly disappear. He who hesitates is lost.
OP, it sounds like she was giving you signals for a long time, but you never acted. Why'd you just roll over and die? In spite of your friends saying you should ask her out.
It may not be too late, though.

Old 06-09-2013, 12:11 AM

2,279 posts, read 4,745,007 times
I'm curious, what makes you think that her deactivation of her FB account had anything to do with you?

Old 06-09-2013, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wry_Martini View Post
I'm curious, what makes you think that her deactivation of her FB account had anything to do with you?
Maybe to see if I'd contact her if she disappeared off the radar

Old 06-09-2013, 04:22 AM

254 posts, read 597,743 times
Why did you announce it on Facebook that you like her? Were you hoping some of your friends would read it and tell her? Or is she a FB friend and read it herself? She feels awkward, now knowing how you feel, and that you haven't ever asked her out. People do deactivate their FB accounts a lot because of trolls, spammers, hackers. Did you ask her why? I guess you can't now if she deactivated her account unless you have her email.

Old 06-09-2013, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennStar View Post
Why did you announce it on Facebook that you like her?
I didn't.

Did I say I did? lol

Old 06-09-2013, 08:47 AM

1,226 posts, read 1,449,745 times
Quote:
Right, but the timing seemed a little too coincidental. I have a few theories. One is that she had already been considering deactivating her profile, and when she saw that I was graduating (and thus leaving the area) she made the split-second decision to do it then so that, as an added bonus, she could see if I would respond to that by texting her "Hey, did you delete your Facebook?" or whatever. That would be her way of knowing whether I still wanted to keep in contact.
Gosh I wish people will realize how facebook is effing your real lives BIG time. Reading this makes me pity you. Why 'analyze' all this just coz she deleted her FB? WTF. OP, you see her in REAL life! ASK her!! My gosh it's not like she is a stranger. You do talk. FB makes me feel sorry for people like you.

For me that senseless analyzing above is a waste of time ESPECIALLY if you are talking to that person in REAL life. Ugh.

Sorry but it really annoys me for some reason.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships