Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2013, 07:08 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,995,285 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
If that's good advice, then how come you're against PUA? A lot of things you get from PUA sites are that stuff.

I'm trying to grasp your logic here.
Err, because of:

* negging (blugh)
* drastically embarrassing (to the deliverer) pickup lines
* an emphasis on game playing and manipulating
* a lot of false promises for guys who are already insecure enough
* the absolutely stupid slang...negging, closing, game, blah blah blah
* basically teaches guys to be phony in order to get laid v. teaching people with social issues to actually get over them, and not just for "the closing" but so that they can lead happier lives

Stuff like that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2013, 07:10 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,623,707 times
Quote:
I don't understand how it can be a scam, it's not just one small company putting this out. It's thousands of people and advice all over the net on how to be better at talking to the opposite sex. No a lot of it is not a scam, but some is.

Just like anything out there, you have to pick and choose where you get your information. I guess most people on this website are too dense to grasp that.
Yeah, which is why weight loss pills work on everyone.

I mean, it's a multi billion dollar business so it can't possibly be a scam!

Old 06-13-2013, 07:14 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,926,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Yeah, which is why weight loss pills work on everyone.

I mean, it's a multi billion dollar business so it can't possibly be a scam!

It's not a scam because most of the information is free. It's hard to get scammed by something you don't pay for.

Once again, no. Try again.

Old 06-13-2013, 07:15 PM

Quote:
It's not a scam because most of the information is free. It's hard to get scammed by something you don't pay for.

Once again, no. Try again.
Yeah, which is why cults don't exist.

Better?

Old 06-13-2013, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Err, because of:

* negging (blugh)
* drastically embarrassing (to the deliverer) pickup lines
* an emphasis on game playing and manipulating
* a lot of false promises for guys who are already insecure enough
* the absolutely stupid slang...negging, closing, game, blah blah blah
* basically teaches guys to be phony in order to get laid v. teaching people with social issues to actually get over them, and not just for "the closing" but so that they can lead happier lives

Stuff like that.

1. Back off a little, it's a small section and usually is not even brought up or used.
2. There is not an emphasis on game playing and manipulating.
3. What are you talking about?
4. How does a term affect you, make it a scam or make it anything negative?
5. It does not, a lot of it is actually quite the opposite and gets guys out there being themselves and happy with their lives.

Once again, you have a small close minded viewpoint.

Old 06-13-2013, 07:17 PM

Quote:
1. Back off a little, it's a small section and usually is not even brought up or used.
5. It does not, a lot of it is actually quite the opposite and gets guys out there being themselves and happy with their lives.

So, what if a person has an open mind, really researches it, talks to people and still comes to the conclusion that it's BS. Does that mean they have a closed mind simply because they don't agree with you?

Old 06-13-2013, 07:19 PM

Quote:

Cheezus, okay, dude, okay. I can see you're very committed and loyal to this whole thing. To each his own. (shrug)

Well...although you're probably not actually using it, right? Just like most of the other guys on here who have claimed it works (and have backed up this assertion with all the passion and defensiveness usually reserved for one's life love) but then are faster than mercury to disclaim "Not that I use it!"

If it's so well-rounded, works so well and is nothing to be ashamed of, how come none of you dudes will admit you're using the principles?

Fail.

Old 06-13-2013, 07:20 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,225,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Would you mind sharing that link?
I read it a few months ago and I can't find it.

Old 06-13-2013, 07:22 PM

Quote:
So, what if a person has an open mind, really researches it, talks to people and still comes to the conclusion that it's BS. Does that mean they have a closed mind simply because they don't agree with you?

The problem is, your hypothetical situation doesn't work. The points I made are all correct, everything I talk about is correct because I've looked into it. I know there is a lot of great information out there in PUA, and a lot of bad information.

The fact that you guys are choosing to admit there's a lot of good information, and saying it is all bad, a scam, manipulation, all negs makes you close minded because you are willingly overlooking information and sticking to your own conclusions even when people show you other viewpoints.

The difference between you and me is that I admit there's a lot of crap information out there. That's why I call you both close minded and dense. Especially because your arguments are usually pretty bad.

Old 06-13-2013, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Well...yes. Because he doesn't want you to have an open mind, he just wants to convince you and womankind in general to spread your legs when he comes lurching up to you and breathes in your face "jokingly" about how you're a **** and therefore "my kinda girl!" or sneers "What, are you and your friend attached at the hip or something? Spend the night with me instead."

Apparently that all works like a charm...you're messing with the whole flawless system.

Stop that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships