Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2013, 10:57 AM

9,301 posts, read 8,347,687 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestGuy1 View Post
I texted back "dinner with a beautiful woman, you?"

and she said, "a nice time with a new friend"

Hey, just have you a nice time. Don't be too attached to any kind of result.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2013, 10:58 AM

219 posts, read 566,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
Hey, just have you a nice time. Don't be too attached to any kind of result.
okay thanks

Old 06-13-2013, 11:01 AM

6,460 posts, read 7,796,492 times
Look dude, since you're too young to get it I'll help (I'm 39). She doesn't want you to think she's a dirty blah blah blah and only there to be used and tossed. She wants you to respect her as a woman and a person and actually make some sort of a connection (at dinner) before getting to sex. Does she want to have sex? Probably. But she doesn't want to be the person who uses and is used. She wants to feel like she is at least with a person she knows.

Go out to dinner. Don't slober all over her or make stupid inuendos. Just have a ncie time. Get to know her and if there is opportunity, flirt a little. Be genuine, don't be a douche. She wants to make sure she isn't sleeping with a douche. She also doesn't want to be with a person who will be dissapointed if they don't have sex immediately so just relax and stop thinking so much about sex, there's more to people than that - who knows, maybe you'll actually be interested in some things about her or learn something.

Old 06-13-2013, 11:08 AM

1,089 posts, read 1,421,251 times
She's cougaring you. The 'I just want to be friends' is first to make you think that she doesn't sleep around, and second to tell you don't expect anything, until she sees you in person and decides if she wants you.

The suggestion of the back rub after dinner strongly suggests she wants sex. So apparently you've passed her standards on the part above.

The 'What are your expectations for tonight' part is semi flirting to see if you're attracted to her.

How confident are you at winning the STD lottery???

Old 06-13-2013, 11:11 AM

9,301 posts, read 8,347,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthfrodo View Post
She's cougaring you. The 'I just want to be friends' is first to make you think that she doesn't sleep around, and second to tell you don't expect anything, until she sees you in person and decides if she wants you.

The suggestion of the back rub after dinner strongly suggests she wants sex. So apparently you've passed her standards on the part above.

The 'What are your expectations for tonight' part is semi flirting to see if you're attracted to her.

Yikes!!!

Very helpful, though.

Old 06-13-2013, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthfrodo View Post

lol what do you mean? ill use protection.

Old 06-13-2013, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-fused View Post
Look dude, since you're too young to get it I'll help (I'm 39). She doesn't want you to think she's a dirty blah blah blah and only there to be used and tossed. She wants you to respect her as a woman and a person and actually make some sort of a connection (at dinner) before getting to sex. Does she want to have sex? Probably. But she doesn't want to be the person who uses and is used. She wants to feel like she is at least with a person she knows.

Go out to dinner. Don't slober all over her or make stupid inuendos. Just have a ncie time. Get to know her and if there is opportunity, flirt a little. Be genuine, don't be a douche. She wants to make sure she isn't sleeping with a douche. She also doesn't want to be with a person who will be dissapointed if they don't have sex immediately so just relax and stop thinking so much about sex, there's more to people than that - who knows, maybe you'll actually be interested in some things about her or learn something.
very helpful, thank you.

Old 06-13-2013, 03:05 PM

anyone else?

Old 06-13-2013, 03:13 PM
YAZ

7,708 posts, read 14,086,783 times
Yeah.

Just because you haven't been laid in a while is no excuse to fling your love wand around at any creature that spews enough estrogen.

We always hear about how men don't have to worry about the crazies out there......it's the women folk that have to be careful.....

I dated for a very long time before I "settled down" and got married.

There are some incredibly whacked out people out there (both genders).

Protection?

I wouldn't rely on condoms for that...not 100% effective.

Consider a Personal Protection Order.

You may need it ifya start hangin' 'round the Crazies.

Get to know her first, my friend.

Last edited by YAZ; 06-13-2013 at 03:14 PM.. Reason: sic

Old 06-13-2013, 03:13 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,070,743 times
She said she just wants to be friends to give her an out. If your mannerisms are dorkish in person she can dump you and not feel bad.

She asked what your expectations are because she doesn't want to go out with you with the expectation of putting out on the first meet. She wants to actually go to dinner and get to know you FIRST.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships