Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2013, 10:01 AM

1,450 posts, read 1,898,714 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPeter View Post
It's not a generalization it's a fact. It's not some, it's most...like 95% of the female American population. Heck I don't even know the exact statistics all I know it's the majority of women who act like most of the women I've dealt with. As they get older maybe they learn, but at that time those women are probably all used up, not as attractive. Why would beta male dexy want a woman who rejected him 10 years ago. No matter what those nice guys who remain nice always get the last laugh. It's called Karma and why women tend to be terrible decision makers.
95%...do you have a reference, or are these statistics from some alternate planet?

As far as your own experiences, sounds like you like to mistreat others, and find lower self esteem women that allow you to do so.

I won't deny that there are some women who might think the best they can get is someone who is mean to them...certainly is not the majority of all women though.

Old 06-17-2013, 12:39 PM

6,657 posts, read 7,756,825 times
Op lol, don't you know better then disagree in a room full of ladies, haven't you learned that they stick together. That being said.

I agree that some attraction to certain males are in the genetic, but like my b4 thread, in my opinion its social programing. Ive listened to alot of opinions on what is a strong man. Idk in my opinion a strong man, is a guy who has went through hell and back, without being to warped. We assume its the guy who has good job or big muscles etc. But the problem is we assume, we don't know what his background is, he maynt had any obstacles to overcome, hence he can focus on materal success.

Old 06-17-2013, 01:05 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Suddenly the OP is "not a member." It's just all of us illogical women who can't handle the truth who drive them away, right ladies?
He'll be back. Those guys ALWAYS come back to mansplain our 'true feelings' to us.

Old 06-17-2013, 01:09 PM

2,560 posts, read 2,639,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
He'll be back. Those guys ALWAYS come back to mansplain our 'true feelings' to us.
since I must spread reputation around before giving it to you. Always amusing how often guys will mansplain gal's true feelings/thoughts/behavior/nature while protesting the same being done to them.

Old 06-17-2013, 01:28 PM

2,159 posts, read 2,812,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by udolipixie View Post
since I must spread reputation around before giving it to you. Always amusing how often guys will mansplain gal's true feelings/thoughts/behavior/nature while protesting the same being done to them.
It's amazing that women are so self-unaware that we need our own thoughts and feelings mansplained to us.

Old 06-17-2013, 01:37 PM

5,121 posts, read 6,804,827 times
I recommended this article once before and I will again: (They use the word "NiceGuys" as a way to decribe a certain type of man. They make a distinction between that and kind, loving men they quantify it with this).

Quote:
All too often we hear self-professed "Nice Guys" complaining about why they can't get a date, and whining that women just want to date jerks, etc. etc. The truth of the matter is that there are genuinely caring, compassionate, decent, fun guys out there who have NO TROUBLE meeting people, getting dates, and having relationships.
http://www.heartless-witches.com/ran...niceguys.shtml

(you have to change the "w" in witches to a "b" to get the link to work BTW).

Quote:

I get letters from self-professed Nice Guys, complaining that women must WANT to be treated like ****, because THEY, the "Nice Guy" have failed repeatedly in relationships. This is akin to the false logic that "Whales are mammals. Whales live in the sea. Therefore, all mammals live in the sea."

If you have one bad relationship after another, the only common denominator is YOU. Think about it.

What's wrong with Nice Guys? The biggest problem is that most Nice Guys (tm) are hideously insecure. They are so anxious to be liked and loved that they do things for other people to gain acceptance and attention, rather than for the simply pleasure of giving. You never know if a Nice Guy really likes you for who you are, or if he has glommed onto you out of desperation because you actually paid some kind of attention to him.
And another quote

Quote:

This ultimately boils down to the fact that Nice Guys don't like themselves. Is it any wonder women don't like them? In order to truly love someone else, you must first love yourself. Too often Nice Guys mistake obsession for "love".

Get this Guys: INSECURITY ISN'T SEXY. IT'S A TURNOFF.

You don't have to be an ego-inflated, arrogant jerk. You just have to LIKE yourself. You have to know what you want out of life, and go after it. Only then will you be attractive to the kind of woman with whom a long-term relationship is possible.
There are other good articles on that site too--blog articles really--from both men and women about what it is that women are looking for. And it isn't an arrogant jerk.

Another good quote from another article on that site:

Quote:
However, then I read your rants, and it gave me a laugh and also helped me pinpoint another hypocrisy in the NiceGuy philosophy; namely, they see the world as being divided between 3 types of people: nice guys, (jerks), and "women." As if being a "woman" is the only distinctive trait possessed by women, and it is up to the "nice males" and the "jerk males" to compete for this commodity known as "womankind." How can anyone hold such a mentality and still get confused when nobody sees them as being every woman's dream?

Last edited by jillabean; 06-17-2013 at 01:52 PM..

Old 06-17-2013, 01:45 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,349,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPeter View Post
No jokes, may you tell me why the majority of women are attracted to men who put them down or are rude to them?
In all seriousness, it can be rather hard to take this thread seriously.

The only women that want put downs or mean behavior are women with self esteem issues and other personality disorders.

I myself am nice to a certain extent, yet at the same time, a lot of women show interest.

Old 06-17-2013, 01:53 PM

6,657 posts, read 7,756,825 times
Op dont you know its not good to disagree in a room full of ladies? Anyway that being said. I agree that some of it is genetics, but like a former thread i believe alot of what we find as attractive is socially taught to us. For example i hear all the time about what is a strong man etc, In my opinion some of the examples of what i hear supports what i say. We assume so much, we assume that the guy who has the great job or etc is the strongman? But we also never take into account that these guys may not have had many things to overcome, and because of that, they can focus on making money etc.

My op is the strong man is the guy who has went thru hell and back and has not been too screwed up by it. And these are not the guys who are socially considered attractive by what i hear in treads like this

Old 06-17-2013, 02:59 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,349,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
Op dont you know its not good to disagree in a room full of ladies? Anyway that being said. I agree that some of it is genetics, but like a former thread i believe alot of what we find as attractive is socially taught to us. For example i hear all the time about what is a strong man etc, In my opinion some of the examples of what i hear supports what i say. We assume so much, we assume that the guy who has the great job or etc is the strongman? But we also never take into account that these guys may not have had many things to overcome, and because of that, they can focus on making money etc.

My op is the strong man is the guy who has went thru hell and back and has not been too screwed up by it. And these are not the guys who are socially considered attractive by what i hear in treads like this
I disagree in a room full of ladies.

Old 06-17-2013, 03:06 PM

29,746 posts, read 34,396,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
I disagree in a room full of ladies.
It's one thing to disagree with ladies, but it's another to ask for their opinions and then tell them their opinions are wrong and they don't know what they're talking about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships