Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Select the ages that are most difficult to date.
20-25 1 2.70%
25-30 1 2.70%
30-35 1 2.70%
35-40 7 18.92%
40-45 6 16.22%
45-50 21 56.76%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2013, 09:02 AM

2,186 posts, read 2,932,200 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
In honest relationships money is not a consideration. The previous writer who dated older woman because they paid their way is probably a person that no one really wants - young or older...sounds like a bit of a shallow goof.
I agree. I'd say the same thing about younger women who date older men for the same reason, though. If that arrangement works for people, more power to 'em, but it's not for me. I guess I'm fortunate enough to date women who can afford their own meals and are therefore looking for something more meaningful from relationships, whether they be younger, same age, or older than me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2013, 09:06 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,864,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plzeň View Post
I agree. I'd say the same thing about younger women who date older men for the same reason, though. If that arrangement works for people, more power to 'em, but it's not for me. I guess I'm fortunate enough to date women who can afford their own meals and are therefore looking for something more meaningful from relationships.
If you have any class you are sincere with the other person. For a person to sit there with the motivation in mind of turning a profit...Well - that is pretty unsavory if you ask me. What wrong with looking at REAL wealth which is the PERSON who you find priceless? I would not even think of money if I was with exactly who I wanted to be with...It appears that those who date for profit and savings are NOT with the person they desire...what a waste of time...For what - for a few drinks and a free meal? No - falling in love is the goal...to be in love is worth a billion dollars at least.

Old 06-23-2013, 09:30 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,864,504 times
In the past - I was taught by my Orthodox Christian Russian parents that a woman must be 7 years younger than the male...It was an old rule...Recently my youngest son started dating a woman that is pushing 30 - They really seem to be enjoying each other. She is well educated and extremely beautiful...If the "older" woman ages well and has natural beauty...I don't have a problem with it. He works hard - and she has a nice position as a speech writer...Neither of them is fixated on how has more money- They are just happy to be enjoying each other...I just hope the "older" woman does not break his heart and make him cry....I mentioned this to him and he said...."I don't cry over woman anymore" -

It might be a good thing for my son to be involved with a person mature enough to appreciate him...besides.............The kid inherited his mother's and my libido. That might be his charm over the lady.

Old 06-23-2013, 09:47 AM

2,186 posts, read 2,932,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
The kid inherited his mother's and my libido.
I'm not sure I want to know how you know this about your son.

Old 06-23-2013, 12:25 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,925,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plzeň View Post
That's you. That is not the norm, in my experience. The demographic of women I date (educated, professional, liberal/progressive in a major city) earn their own money and pay for their own things in the 21st Century. They're also just as likely to come up with the date idea and do the asking as I am. This isn't 1950.
Otherwise there is no reason to date an older man.

Old 06-23-2013, 01:03 PM

2,159 posts, read 2,822,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Otherwise there is no reason to date an older man.
I was in the LTR with the 34 year old when I was 20 because I was attracted to him. The way he threw money at problems was one of the reasons why it didn't work out.

Old 06-23-2013, 01:10 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,925,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monemi View Post
I was in the LTR with the 34 year old when I was 20 because I was attracted to him. The way he threw money at problems was one of the reasons why it didn't work out.
At 34 a man is usually attractive though the men I dated weren't. Strangely the majority of the men on dating sites I saw that wanted younger women were almost all ugly, fat and had low income jobs so I can't imagine women wanting them, let along hotter younger women.

Old 06-23-2013, 01:14 PM

1,340 posts, read 1,636,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
wtf is your problem??

I said and i repeat: a 39 year old woman is almost always better looking than a 18 y/o. The 18 year old are awkward, weird, dont know what they want in life and are finding themselves. A 39 year old usually knows who she is, knows what suit her better, her flaws and virtues, and exudes a confidence and widsom that a 18 year old cant even dream of. If you think that this things dont reflect on the outside and dont reflect on a woman beauty then im sorry for you and your narrow mind.
You forgot to say this - a 39 y/o knows who she is very well and is trying to hide many facts about her life because those will drive away potential suitors. She does it far more often than a 18 y/o. She knows what she wants, but that is very often NOT what her regular suitors might want. Because she's being hit by the same profile that she dated for years and "had her life".

I see your story very similar to those stories of mature women when they tell about life experience because they know that the young guys are obsessed with a mature woman as their sexual fantasy. They know that this fantasy usually won't work well due to biological reasons, but they still engage in it, often getting pregnant and ruining guy's life in the following years. You forgot to note how often does it happen. Oh well, who cares, right.
My point - youth means better looks by a general rule, let's not fool around. Only potential trump card for older folks is who they are as a character and other traits. I can't argue that a bald 40 y/o guy with a beer belly is better looking than a 20 y/o bodybuilder by looks. Why on earth does someone think that using makeup to look young is equal as looking young when they see you without makeup. Boobs will sag, body will change shape, etc. Not to mention all the other factors that older folks come up with - their kids, numerous relationships, failed marriages and cohabitations, various issues. For women there is another factor - problems with potential/future children that the other side might want them to bear. This is why most folks who pursue older woman usually don't plan on having children in their mind and young guys are often very much "impressed" with the maturity and "teacher" complex to a point where it clouds their minds of potential problems.

EDIT: I just checked on statistics and the main thing that the poll fails to note is this. Dating always depends on two things:
1. What a person has to offer to others and what he/she expects to see out of the other person and the supposed relationship
2. What his/her prospects have to offer and what they expect to see in you and that supposed relationship.

Last edited by nald; 06-23-2013 at 01:49 PM..

Old 06-23-2013, 01:39 PM

52,444 posts, read 52,990,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
wtf is your problem??

I said and i repeat: a 39 year old woman is almost always better looking than a 18 y/o. The 18 year old are awkward, weird, dont know what they want in life and are finding themselves. A 39 year old usually knows who she is, knows what suit her better, her flaws and virtues, and exudes a confidence and widsom that a 18 year old cant even dream of. If you think that this things dont reflect on the outside and dont reflect on a woman beauty then im sorry for you and your narrow mind.
LOL, I agree in theory that this may be possible, but in all practically just physically speaking most people look physically better at 18 than 39.

To believe otherwise is living by the river called denial.......

Old 06-23-2013, 01:39 PM

5,874 posts, read 10,566,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nald View Post
I see your story as those stories of mature women lurking on unsuspecting youngsters because their life experience tells them that the guys in teenage and early 20s are obsessed with a mature woman as their sexual fantasy. They know that this fantasy usually won't work well due to biological reasons, but they still engage in it, often getting pregnant and ruining guy's life in the following years. You forgot to note how often does it happen. Oh well, who cares, right.

Its not "my story" im nowhere near 39. I turned 30 just this year and are far from that age. However, i know many 39 years old and many 18 years old people and i find the 39 y/o much more attractive. Both men and women.

Dont even get me started on the late 20s/early 30s....that is clearly the best age (in terms of atractiveness) for people in general.

Theres NO way a 18 year old can compite with a 29 year old. 100% of 29 years old are better looking than 18 y/o.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships