Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2015, 06:42 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,171,795 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I think this thread is complete and utter nonsense.... and to me it also sort of says that being gay is a choice and I find that could be somewhat offensive to gay people.

Most people just don't switch their sexuality... for the most part. I know I'm not going to wake up one day after having problems finding or dating women and just decide that a big D in my mouth doesn't sound like a bad idea. I mean really.......

Things just don't work like that.
I agree. And even the bisexual people that I know don't usually choose to go with one gender because they feel unwanted but the other gender. They usually just fall in love with the person - regardless of gender. For those of us that aren't bisexual, yeah - we can't just flip a switch and change our sexuality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2015, 07:18 AM

625 posts, read 624,337 times
What? Just flip gay like buying a different car? That's ridiculous! And insulting to … ah… pretty much everyone in the entire world.

Old 05-29-2015, 08:33 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,264,326 times
I've heard women jokingly opine that they wished they were bi, so they could just meet a nice woman who understood them and settle down. These women usually have been married and already had kids AND husbands who were jerks.

So, I can see the allure. But, this was all just lighthearted talk.

Unless someone is already attracted to other women, they're not gonna be settling down with any.

Old 05-29-2015, 08:34 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,264,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaBlue View Post
What? Just flip gay like buying a different car? That's ridiculous! And insulting to … ah… pretty much everyone in the entire world.
This is right up there with the thread from that chick who was gonna marry a gay man, yet hadn't been asked to get married. One would require a proposal, no?

Old 01-17-2020, 03:14 AM

1,045 posts, read 759,658 times
I found this old thread from another and think it's kinda funny. I'd rather be alone than put up with an old goat chasing after women half his age, because being with another woman is not an option for me.

Old 01-17-2020, 08:24 AM

21 posts, read 13,726 times
Hold up here!! Women should be grateful men are avoiding them after age 35

They have said that there was too many CREEPS bothering them.

Now the creeps are gone. No more cat-calling or street harassment.

This should be paradise

What gives?

Old 01-17-2020, 09:12 AM

48,534 posts, read 34,863,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grain044 View Post
Hold up here!! Women should be grateful men are avoiding them after age 35

What gives?

Well, to start with men aren't avoiding women after the age of 35.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 01-17-2020, 10:39 AM

20,394 posts, read 14,667,898 times
I think that the IDEA of living with one, or maybe more than one, person who has no expectations of sex, there's no obligation there, we can be snuggly and we can be good friends and we can play Scrabble together and watch movies together and be happy, comfortable old people together...like in a way, that sounds nice. Someone who likes having a clean home as much as I do, and will put in as much effort as I do. Maybe someone who can care for houseplants, because I would love to have some, but I'm really bad with them. A couple of rosy-cheeked witchy old grannies in a cottage, you know it kind of sounds wonderful.

But it's an idealism. Because humans are humans. Not all men are farty, grouchy, aggressive or curmudgeonly, garage-hermits or video game addicts, slobs or hound dogs. Not all women have the potential to be compatible house-mates or to contribute to my happiness. Conflict could arise with anyone!

But when I envision something idyllic in terms of being "older" and being with a woman instead of a man, part of what feels different in my fantasy is the idea of not having to worry about a sexual partner's sexual needs. Which really highlights something I've realized....I'm not very bisexual, despite what I've always claimed. I do like and love other women. I do find them "attractive" in various ways. That doesn't always translate into strictly sexual desire. Split theory helps with that, I could be like..."pan-romantic" or something... I get crushes on women, I enjoy affectionate friendships with women, snuggling and kissing women, liking and loving women. But it does not fire up any strictly sexual feelings for me. So in a way, it's those evenings where I'm just very lazy and very tired, and snuggling up in a blanket watching a movie appeals to me more than anything, but my male partner has a need and a want for sex and I know it, so I go ahead and (*sigh*) get on with it... But I do enjoy it once I'm there... But then I feel guilty that I didn't initiate or begin with more enthusiasm... But it's not that I don't want him, I'm just so tired! And perhaps in the mix, too, is a wish to feel cared for as a child feels cared for by a mother or grandmother...a more nurturing kind of love...

So it has its appeal. But things aren't always about sex and for me, this sure isn't.

Old 01-17-2020, 12:23 PM

20,394 posts, read 14,667,898 times
Hey! Critical anonymous reps are cowardly, ya coward. I'm just saying. You got something to say, come out of your hole and speak the hell up. Come on. No one is stopping you.

But I'll take the reputation point, though.

Old 01-17-2020, 01:55 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,385,679 times
People don't just "turn" gay. It's a sexual orientation and they're either born that way or it develops very early in childhood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships