Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2013, 09:17 PM

217 posts, read 307,512 times

Advertisements

Anyone else noticed this? Super-hot women get less attention than decently-hot women. If you see a woman that looks like a model, you probably have a better chance with her than with someone you think is in your league. Furthermore, the women in the 6/10-8/10 range usually have the worst personalities because they get their egos pumped up the most. I see average dudes with model-esque women more often than I see average dudes with decently-hot women. And I'm talking about during young adulthood, before money is relevant in the dating world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2013, 09:20 PM

2,159 posts, read 2,811,855 times
Without any studies to back up your theory, I have nothing to agree or disagree with. It's possible. I don't think I have a horrible personality, but I could be wrong.

Old 06-28-2013, 09:21 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,202,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitteringPrizes View Post
Anyone else noticed this? Super-hot women get less attention than decently-hot women. If you see a woman that looks like a model, you probably have a better chance with her than with someone you think is in your league. Furthermore, the women in the 6/10-8/10 range usually have the worst personalities because they get their egos pumped up the most. I see average dudes with model-esque women more often than I see average dudes with decently-hot women. And I'm talking about during young adulthood, before money is relevant in the dating world.

Not really. Interesting program on the Discovery Channel two nights ago, The Science of Sex Appeal, where they were able to demonstrate through a series of experiments that people usually pair off with partners within 1 or 2 points of themselves. So the chances of a 3 landing an 8 are quite small.

Scroll down to the segment on leagues (to see all of the experiments and how they were designed, you'll need to see the whole show):

Science of Sex Appeal : Videos : Discovery Channel

Old 06-28-2013, 09:24 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,996,352 times
Eh. Not always.

Guys will go after who they find attractive, and men find a lot of different physical traits attractive in women.

I see a lot of average/small guys with bigger women for example.

Old 06-28-2013, 09:34 PM

I think it's pretty telling that the OP talks about how attractive women (6-8) range "usually have the worst personalities." This is coming from someone who complains bitterly about rejection. With that in mind, my guess is that the OP goes for 6-8s and gets rejected by them. That doesn't mean they have bad personalities. That just means they don't perceive him as at least a 5.

Old 06-28-2013, 09:37 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Scroll down to the segment on leagues (to see all of the experiments and how they were designed, you'll need to see the whole show):

Science of Sex Appeal : Videos : Discovery Channel
NO! Lilac has posted the definitive word on leagues? This forum will never be the same again!

lol! Thx for posting the link to the show.

Old 06-28-2013, 09:39 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
I think it's pretty telling that the OP talks about how attractive women (6-8) range "usually have the worst personalities." This is coming from someone who complains bitterly about rejection. With that in mind, my guess is that the OP goes for 6-8s and gets rejected by them. That doesn't mean they have bad personalities. That just means they don't perceive him as at least a 5.
OP is functioning more in the realm of fantasy than reality. Many 6-8's don't even know they're 6's or 8's. Probably a lot of those 6's look in the mirror and see a 5 or a 4, human nature being what it is. There are more important things in life, anyway. Not everyone's a narcissist.

Old 06-28-2013, 09:41 PM

2,159 posts, read 2,811,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
NO! Lilac has posted the definitive word on leagues? This forum will never be the same again!

I watched the link but was more interested in the other video on scent. The t-shirt experiment was redone but this time with a t-shirt from women's brother or father among other men's scent. The women rated the relative's t-shirt as the least sexy. Made remember a few men I dated who I rejected because their scent put me off. Not that they smelled dirty or anything like that. They just didn't smell appealing.

ETA: the link http://dsc.discovery.com/tv-shows/ot...exy-scents.htm

Old 06-28-2013, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post

Oh, it was awesome, Ruth! At the end, after they show her with the 2, they show how all the others ended up, 9-10, 8-9, 7-8, 4-4, etc. These were people who did not know what number they had on their own foreheads. There were other experiments to go along with that. In one, each group looked at pictures of the others on a screen and ranked them (women ranked men and vice versa). The numbers the researchers assigned were not the same numbers the groups gave each other: Mr. 2 and Ms. 3 were really ranked much higher, I believe they were up near 8 or 9. (And really, look at Mr. 2. He's gorgeous. He has that Henry Cavill look. Yum!) Then there was another experiment to go along with that, wherein the groups were given more freedom and more to work with--no head coverings (so they could see each other's hair, which can really change a person's looks and render him or her more sexy) and no numbers, and it turned out pretty much the same way, with everyone within a point or so of his or her partner.

Last edited by Lilac110; 06-28-2013 at 09:56 PM.. Reason: had to add screenie, look at that man! *fans self*

Old 06-28-2013, 09:55 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,199,924 times
Traditionally in ‘sexual advances,’ men approach women and women then either accept or decline.

Naturally, this automatic position of power inflates women’s sense of self-esteem, presumably in direct proportion to how hot they are (basic logic/probability: hotter girl —> more male approaches —> more female chances to pass judgment —> more self-esteem growth
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships