Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2013, 10:25 AM

52,283 posts, read 52,700,922 times

Advertisements

I think I'm kind of done with large scale concerts for a while.... I was really uncomfortable last night, even though I had a couple of beers......can't handle the crowds anymore.....

Man... I swear so many people were smoking MJ I thought I was gonna pass out, and it was in an open air venue....

Good thing I just recently had a drug screening for work.....

Old 08-29-2013, 02:44 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,620,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I think I'm kind of done with large scale concerts for a while.... I was really uncomfortable last night, even though I had a couple of beers......can't handle the crowds anymore.....

Man... I swear so many people were smoking MJ I thought I was gonna pass out, and it was in an open air venue....

Try going to a concert here in Colorado. You can barely see the stage through all of the smoke.

Old 08-29-2013, 03:10 PM

29,747 posts, read 34,396,829 times
Quote:

There have been a few concerts this summer where I saw the ad and thought, "ooh!" but then I thought "do I want to pay all that money for tickets, drive all the way across town, hassle with parking, deal with a bunch of drunk/stoned jagoffs, over pay for a beer, then have to drive home late with ringing ears and be tired at work the next day?" The answer to that is "no, no I do not." That is what my iPod/cds and my own fridge are for.

Old 08-29-2013, 05:01 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,466,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
There have been a few concerts this summer where I saw the ad and thought, "ooh!" but then I thought "do I want to pay all that money for tickets, drive all the way across town, hassle with parking, deal with a bunch of drunk/stoned jagoffs, over pay for a beer, then have to drive home late with ringing ears and be tired at work the next day?" The answer to that is "no, no I do not." That is what my iPod/cds and my own fridge are for.
Most of the events I attend are pretty close to home and usually no more that a 15 minute drive. I'm not much for huge crowds on a regular basis. Last weekend, I had no idea just how large of a crowd was at the event I attended till I saw the pictures. The thing was my immediate group were in a small side ball room setup with tables seperating us from the bigger crowd, so we really only had to be in the midst of the jungle when we wanted to dance. There were other areas around that weren't as crowded, but if you look in the pic link, it looks like a mob, at least to me. Very happy smoking of any kind wasn't allowed in there.

Also, looks like mostly really old folks, but there were many people well below the age of 50 there as well. LOL

http://content.clearchannel.com/cc-c...503&quality=80

Chow, hope you had a good time in spite of the

Old 08-29-2013, 06:21 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,557,967 times
There have been a few concerts I would have liked to see over the last couple years, but they've been at the Sturgis rally and I avoid that area like the plague. Not worth it.

Old 08-29-2013, 10:38 PM

52,283 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
Most of the events I attend are pretty close to home and usually no more that a 15 minute drive. I'm not much for huge crowds on a regular basis. Last weekend, I had no idea just how large of a crowd was at the event I attended till I saw the pictures. The thing was my immediate group were in a small side ball room setup with tables seperating us from the bigger crowd, so we really only had to be in the midst of the jungle when we wanted to dance. There were other areas around that weren't as crowded, but if you look in the pic link, it looks like a mob, at least to me. Very happy smoking of any kind wasn't allowed in there.

Also, looks like mostly really old folks, but there were many people well below the age of 50 there as well. LOL

Chow, hope you had a good time in spite of the
You are always a lady despite the obstacles in front of you.... this venue last night was 17 grand....... your pics look like a tenth of that....... which I is fine....

Ozzy is an old man... but those old dudes blasted my ears like it was personal....... good stuff.... but yeah... getting too old to deal with that **** anymore.........

Old 08-30-2013, 10:08 AM

8,757 posts, read 9,466,255 times
Quote:
You are always a lady despite the obstacles in front of you.... this venue last night was 17 grand....... your pics look like a tenth of that....... which I is fine....

Ozzy is an old man... but those old dudes blasted my ears like it was personal....... good stuff.... but yeah... getting too old to deal with that **** anymore.........

LOL! Thank you Chow, sounds like you enjoyed the music.

I tried to find a pic of me in that crowd, I finally did, but it's a very unflattering one of mostly my huge elbow. You'd think it would be easy to find me in that crowd, but most of the time, I was seated in a different area, I was dancing when some of those pic were taken, just dark on dark I disappeared into the back drop.

Let me see if you can find Waldo aka TRosa with arm up in the air.

Just thought, I'd make sure I would show there were people there not ready for the grave site.

Last edited by TRosa; 08-30-2013 at 10:20 AM..

Old 08-30-2013, 08:45 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,565,273 times
What a crappy day. I have observed a pattern this year; the Friday before a holiday everything goes to s***.

Old 08-30-2013, 08:59 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,073,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
What a crappy day. I have observed a pattern this year; the Friday before a holiday everything goes to s***.
What happened?

Old 08-30-2013, 09:37 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,565,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
What happened?
We're in the midst of yet another cluster of a project; coupling that with a service call volume that blew up today and me not getting home until after 7pm. Then a hour's worth of paper work after that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships