Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2013, 12:43 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,466,255 times

Advertisements

Chow, Sea, sorry about the family friend. Chow, hope you are feeling better.

Old 09-15-2013, 01:05 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,248,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
Hi Sea, You didn't Miss anything this was the first time I posted about the screen door. Not my first mishap in Floriduh, I would be flooding the boards if I posted all the bizzaro encounters I've had in these parts. Like the two guys blasting something, that must have been rather offensive coming from rather loud speakers from their pimped out trunk brandishing a rather large confederate flag while staring at me as they drove past me and a Hispanic family a couple of times .
Nice.

Quote:
I haven't any idea why this person is doing this, we have a few challenged individuals living on the premises, not counting myself , maybe I didn't say hi fast enough to one of the neighbors or considering I am half blind when I'm outdoors and can't see most people's faces from a distance and don't wave when someone honks a horn at me unless I do believe I know them, maybe I didn't hold the elevator door, maybe because I'm so damn cute. Who knows, but no they're not trying to break in, just vandalize my screen door. I'm hoping it's one of the newer neighbors and that they will be moving in the near future, but if that doesn't solve it, I hope I catch them in the act real soon, cause mama said knock them out. It'll probably be the old man that walks his dog and who offered to drive me to and from the grocery store, that I never took up on the offer. That man can barely see over the steering wheel and should have had his license revoked a long time ago, I'm not getting in his vehicle with him at the helm. Truth be told, at first, I thought maybe he might have could be falling into my screen as he passed by my door and cause it, since he's not very steady on his feet and has taken a fall a time or two in the hallway, but, there were reasons to eliminate that theory. The person was also pushing papers through the opening.
Still creepy. We had a bizarre neighbor like that. We had no proof, but all kinds of things were happening, including vandalism, and after she was caught swindling money from our community reserves and moved away, all these things stopped happening. She was a grandma and in her 50s.

Quote:
Chow, Sea, sorry about the family friend. Chow, hope you are feeling better.
Thank you, TRosa.

Old 09-15-2013, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
Nice.

Still creepy. We had a bizarre neighbor like that. We had no proof, but all kinds of things were happening, including vandalism, and after she was caught swindling money from our community reserves and moved away, all these things stopped happening. She was a grandma and in her 50s.

Thank you, TRosa.
You're welcome.

PS, the part about the guys in the I meant to say truck, not trunk, I had my headphones on so, I didn't hear what was blaring from their speakers, but it was loud enough to infiltrate through my headphones. This happened yesterday

Last edited by TRosa; 09-15-2013 at 01:58 PM..

Old 09-15-2013, 02:24 PM

52,270 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
You're welcome.

PS, the part about the guys in the I meant to say truck, not trunk, I had my headphones on so, I didn't hear what was blaring from their speakers, but it was loud enough to infiltrate through my headphones. This happened yesterday
Does Floriduh still have racist rednecks blazing their confederate flags???? Isn't that so out of style to be like that... LOL

Old 09-15-2013, 02:32 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,565,273 times
Quote:
I haven't any idea why this person is doing this, we have a few challenged individuals living on the premises, not counting myself , maybe I didn't say hi fast enough to one of the neighbors or considering I am half blind when I'm outdoors and can't see most people's faces from a distance and don't wave when someone honks a horn at me unless I do believe I know them, maybe I didn't hold the elevator door, maybe because I'm so damn cute. Who knows, but no they're not trying to break in, just vandalize my screen door. I'm hoping it's one of the newer neighbors and that they will be moving in the near future, but if that doesn't solve it, I hope I catch them in the act real soon, cause mama said knock them out. It'll probably be the old man that walks his dog and who offered to drive me to and from the grocery store, that I never took up on the offer. That man can barely see over the steering wheel and should have had his license revoked a long time ago, I'm not getting in his vehicle with him at the helm. Truth be told, at first, I thought maybe he might have could be falling into my screen as he passed by my door and cause it, since he's not very steady on his feet and has taken a fall a time or two in the hallway, but, there were reasons to eliminate that theory. The person was also pushing papers through the opening.

Well at least they haven't taken my welcome mat, as someone did another neighbors a couple of years ago. LOL It's not a major disturbance, just an annoyance at the moment, and I would like it to stop mostly by tazing.
We have one idiot here who can't understand the spaces in the garage are owned, deeded, personal property of the person(s) that purchased said space(s) in which HOA dues and taxes are paid. He thinks it is okay to park in a space not being used. Not as serious as vandalism yet in the spectrum of stupidity nonetheless.

Old 09-15-2013, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Does Floriduh still have racist rednecks blazing their confederate flags???? Isn't that so out of style to be like that... LOL
Are you kidding me, this is Florida, people still say things like, I don't mind black people joining our group. Yes, that was said to me, was actually said to me in NC too though, when I joined one of the meetups there. As far as the flag, it's quite popular in some parts. I remember when I lived in Tampa, they wanted to erect a flag quite prominently in an area that through way traffic could see it coming and going. I'll have to see if I can find any stories. These aren't things I tend to harp on, but they've been more frequent experiences since moving further south, but make no mistake, it's not just a southern thing, NJ was just as bad in my life's experience that's where I had my first experience with being called the N word for no reason other than just walking to my car with a friend after leaving a club. I have other wonderful stories, but I digress. Not going to rant only bring them up when asked about the subject. These aren't things I spend my days thinking on, if I did, I certainly might have chosen a more mixed neighborhood, not one where I would make good target practice. LOL Well, I at least would have made sure to check out the area to make sure it had other people that looked like me, I was just looking for a few requirements via the net that landed me in this part of town. Mainly the beach and transit access and relatively safe.

Old 09-15-2013, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Are you kidding me, this is Florida, people still say things like, I don't mind black people joining our group. Yes, that was said to me, was actually said to me in NC too though, when I joined one of the meetups there. As far as the flag, it's quite popular in some parts. I remember when I lived in Tampa, they wanted to erect a flag quite prominantly in an area that through way traffic could see it coming and going. I'll have to see if I can find any stories. These aren't things I tend to harp on, but they've been more frequent experiences since moving further south, but make no mistake, it's not just a southern thing, NJ was just as bad in my life's experience that's where I had my first experience with being called the N word for no reason other than just walking to my car with a friend after leaving a club. I have other wonderful stories, but I digress. Not going to rant only bring them up when asked about the subject. These aren't things I spend my days thinking on, if I did, I certainly might have chosen a more mixed neighborhood, not one where I would make good target practice. LOL
Sorry you have had those experiences. I often think that racism is less and I believe there is less then it used to be, but it's still around............

I think as times progress it will and has to get better... no choice but to evolve. We need to be inclusive of all people.........

Think of all of the wonderful talents and things people bring to the table... I know that may sound silly, but it rings true, at least to me....

I don't want to miss out on anything, regardless of color, creed, religion, sexual orientation.

That's another that is gonna be chipped at too..... gays having the right to marry.... personally I don't have a dog in the race as I think marriage is overrated, but they should be given the right.....

Old 09-15-2013, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Sorry you have had those experiences. I often think that racism is less and I believe there is less then it used to be, but it's still around............

I think as times progress it will and has to get better... no choice but to evolve. We need to be inclusive of all people.........

Think of all of the wonderful talents and things people bring to the table... I know that may sound silly, but it rings true, at least to me....

I don't want to miss out on anything, regardless of color, creed, religion, sexual orientation.

That's another that is gonna be chipped at too..... gays having the right to marry.... personally I don't have a dog in the race as I think marriage is overrated, but they should be given the right.....

Thanks chow,

Here's one of the old stories, video showing the flag, it still flys

Huge Confederate flag in Tampa replaced | wtsp.com

Old 09-15-2013, 03:04 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,655,613 times
Quote:
We certainly do...the morons call it "southern pride"...as if being in this country for hundreds of years and still pushing a lawnmower is something to be proud about...

Old 09-15-2013, 03:10 PM

We have a friend of a friend and her son is one of the scary neo Nazi types. Scary guy. I mean, he's not the biggest guy around, but I've met him a few times. He has scary dead eyes.... somethings missing in the guy... I haven't seen him for yrs now, he doesn't have much contact with his mother, he's currently in prison right now, not sure for what...

The thing is that his mother isn't racist at all, she matter of fact is white and has a Filipino husband..... but her son gave me the creeps when I met him......

Sociopath.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships