Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2013, 01:24 PM

12,572 posts, read 15,577,031 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the minx View Post
I can't do the debt thing either. I went wild with a credit card in my early 20s and I paid dearly for that for years. I will never make that mistake again.

Guess it's staycations for me.
Same here. If a survey were conducted it may find many young people following the CC debt trend.
I do go to NYC a couple of times a year, but that's not much at all. It's super cheap most of the time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I'm a fairly bright guy.... not the smartest guy in the room, but certainly not the dumbest.

I often wonder why people do the dumb shyt that they do... I don't get it half the time......

Why do people come here and clearly lie... I mean clearly, I'm talking the troll types.

I work on logic, I work on things that are tangible, why lie... like I posted earlier, why bother??? What do people get out of it?? I mean really...

What does lying to complete strangers get you, what does it do for the soul, the spirit? What happens when someone saying something that isn't the truth, what does it do for them???

Does it give them some sort of charge?? what happens???

I'm a student of logic, things that make sense, repeatability, things that can be documented, things that are tangible.

Why do people do things that aren't logic based??? At the risk of sounding like Spock, Why do humans act irrational?????????

Loaded question, granted... still looking for an answer.
No answer, but in with my company logic and thinking in general are frowned upon. Though it took me several years to realize it, but if I follow along with their assinine orders I am less stressed as a result. What are they going to do, fire me for following directions?
Since I have started doing this I noticed how high the stress level of the coworkers are who continue to fight the system.

Don't let it get to you............bro.

Old 09-30-2013, 01:30 PM

New toaster oven is here!! Woohoo!
A bright spot on a s****y day!!

Old 09-30-2013, 01:33 PM

52,308 posts, read 52,771,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
I have often wondered about that myself. I imagine some are in over their heads, some are travel savvy, and some may have a bankroll to tap from. I feel like we are missing knowledge.
I sometimes let myself get irritate by one of Mrs. Chow's SILs.... this woman is a boorish buffoon and blows thru money all the time. I get aggravated because she is sitting on a literal goldmine when her father passes. Nice big house paid for in a good area, he's got a lot of financial assets and it's all gonna go to her. It's like she lives irresponsibly and without trying to manage her finances properly and is gonna get rewarded when she goes to inherit his money.

Drives me insane sometimes... I guess it's not technically any of my business, but this woman irks me all of the time, I think she is a sociopath, I mean a low level one, but she sure seems to have all the traits of one.

I guess I can take solace in knowing that my stuff is my stuff and most of it has been thru hard work. I don't come from any kind of money, so I have zero expectations when my parents go/went.

I was just thankful my mom had enough in her accounts to cover her funeral expenses......

Old 09-30-2013, 04:35 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,474,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
'Nighty-night, TRosa.

You guys are making me late for my appointment. I gotta get out of here!
Ahhh, hope you made it to your appt on time.

Quote:
I have often wondered about that myself. I imagine some are in over their heads, some are travel savvy, and some may have a bankroll to tap from. I feel like we are missing knowledge.
Sometimes it's as simple as people doing volunteer vacations, sometimes finding fantastic deals, traveling on a shoestring, but, just as often, American Expressing it, forgoing other bills and then you have those that have those that plan their budgets in a way that allows them to vacation this way, because they forgo things in their lives that others consider must that aren't must to them. Then of course, there are those that just have it that way and can serve up the phrase, Let them eat cake, biotches. I fall in the maybe I'll get to vacation onces every other year on a shoestring, unless, you're payin. But then, I just want to go to a beach, so staycation is good by me. But I would like to visit Paris in the spring. You payin?

Old 09-30-2013, 04:48 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,087,369 times
Quote:
New toaster oven is here!! Woohoo!
A bright spot on a s****y day!!
You are easy to please. I love new appliances too! I'm asking for a vacuum for our anniversary....LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFTRK View Post
Mine sucks, it's community driven.

Sometimes even free....

They zap me $240 a week out of my paycheck for being single with no children.

Bachelors really get it hammered to them in the rump.

Oh well, pride is worth more than money anyway.

Money cannot buy it.
I have the crappiest paycheck here! Don't be stealing my thunder!

Quote:
My husband and I wonder if there is a money tree somewhere up on a secret hill...LOL
I want to find it!

Old 09-30-2013, 04:53 PM

220 posts, read 269,534 times
Anybody try those new Taco Bell shredded chicken smothered burritos yet?

Not bad at all......for under $5.

Old 09-30-2013, 04:54 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,087,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFTRK View Post
Anybody try those new Taco Bell shredded chicken smothered burritos yet?

Not bad at all......for under $5.
Nope...haven't been there in years.
But, you are making me hungry, and while dinner is ready, it's not my dinner.

Old 09-30-2013, 05:03 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,015,367 times
Quote:
I do think some of them just have screwy priorities. But whatever.

One of my friends is just really good at finding amazing deals, but even then it's still expensive. He and his wife found round trip tickets to Europe in April for $700 a piece which is ridiculously cheap. $1400 bucks there, plus hotels = not cheap.

I guess if it were super important to me I could spend the money too. I just can't go without putting a certain amount in savings each month. I want to retire early knowing that I'm secure.

Old 09-30-2013, 05:08 PM

220 posts, read 269,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
Nope...haven't been there in years.
But, you are making me hungry, and while dinner is ready, it's not my dinner.
Though not authentic Mexican food, they beat everything I have tried frozen from the store.

It's big too, would fill most people up with just one.

Gooda deal......

Old 09-30-2013, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
Sometimes it's as simple as people doing volunteer vacations, sometimes finding fantastic deals, traveling on a shoestring, but, just as often, American Expressing it, forgoing other bills and then you have those that have those that plan their budgets in a way that allows them to vacation this way, because they forgo things in their lives that others consider must that aren't must to them. Then of course, there are those that just have it that way and can serve up the phrase, Let them eat cake, biotches. I fall in the maybe I'll get to vacation onces every other year on a shoestring, unless, you're payin. But then, I just want to go to a beach, so staycation is good by me. But I would like to visit Paris in the spring. You payin?
I'm sure there are tricks to being able to travel on budget. I have an aquaintance who was the local weather person that traveled frequently. Knowing they make less than I she echoed what you said about foregoing things that are not a must have. Another friend travels around the world for work and he usually squeezes in some tourist time. He also racks up some serious frequent flier miles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
You are easy to please. I love new appliances too! I'm asking for a vacuum for our anniversary....LOL
I ordered it last week and it arrived sort of unexpectedly as I hadn't received any order updates. Somedays it doesn't take much when I'm grasping for a bright spot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.