Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2013, 09:46 PM

52,269 posts, read 52,700,922 times

Advertisements

We had an awesome day today, we went down to the beach and hung out on the jetty and watched all the boats sail in and out of the harbor, had a nice lunch at a restaurant on the water, we watched one of our favorite movies earlier......

Got Frank Sinatra crooning on the puter, it's all good as the kids say......

Old 07-27-2013, 09:49 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,557,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
WOW! You two, good going.

Congrats BL on acheiving your goal.
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
There is no shame in that! Everyone has to start somewhere.

You probably beat my best time doing that! I'm the slowest runner out there. I have a really short stride. I'm one of those people that looks like they are going fast, but I don't go anywhere...LOL
Remember I'm only five feet tall?! I'm not exactly fast myself. LOL A coworker ran it with me, and we both expected there to be spots where it was so crowded that we would have to go really slow. We decided as long as we kept picking our feet up and didn't walk, we could still say we ran it. That didn't happen, though. We had plenty of space to actually run and we even sprinted to the finish line. It was a color run, so parts of my scalp are still blue. Haha.

I think I'd like to do more runs, but we'll see. I am afraid my plantar fasciitis might be coming back.

Old 07-27-2013, 09:53 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,073,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeagleLady View Post
Thank you!

Remember I'm only five feet tall?! I'm not exactly fast myself. LOL A coworker ran it with me, and we both expected there to be spots where it was so crowded that we would have to go really slow. We decided as long as we kept picking our feet up and didn't walk, we could still say we ran it. That didn't happen, though. We had plenty of space to actually run and we even sprinted to the finish line. It was a color run, so parts of my scalp are still blue. Haha.

I think I'd like to do more runs, but we'll see. I am afraid my plantar fasciitis might be coming back.
Oh that's right! LOL
My inseam is something like 24"...sad, sad, sad. But I go as fast as I can and try to beat my previous time.

I was going to particpate in a color run in Sept...but that was before I knew I'd be getting "colored". I just can't do it. I can't be sweaty and then have dirt sticking to my body...that's like torture for me and I'd be completely irritable!

There's a glow in the dark, light up race coming here soon...I think October. I may sign up for that one.

Old 07-27-2013, 10:12 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,557,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
Oh that's right! LOL
My inseam is something like 24"...sad, sad, sad. But I go as fast as I can and try to beat my previous time.

I was going to particpate in a color run in Sept...but that was before I knew I'd be getting "colored". I just can't do it. I can't be sweaty and then have dirt sticking to my body...that's like torture for me and I'd be completely irritable!

There's a glow in the dark, light up race coming here soon...I think October. I may sign up for that one.
That's the best approach to take.

It was fun getting "colored" but it was a little irritating when it would go up my nose. Supposedly it's natural and safe to eat, blah blah blah. It's not something I will be doing very often, though, so I'm not too worried about it. It was probably better for me than a mud run. I can't stand having dirt and mud all over me (can't even stand the feel of sand on my feet...no beaches for me!) A glow in the dark run sounds fun!

Of course, we don't exactly live in a high population area, so I'm guessing if we want to do more runs we will probably have to travel.

Old 07-27-2013, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Of course, we don't exactly live in a high population area, so I'm guessing if we want to do more runs we will probably have to travel.
Always a good excuse for a road trip!

For my 40th this year I'm going to Beaufort, SC. Going to run their twilight run...aiming for the 8K but might settle for the 5k. LOL

It's a night run and there's a clam bake afterwards. All participants get a free beer (not that I drink beer...someone else will be getting 2! )

Old 07-27-2013, 10:28 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,785,719 times
A clam bake is on my list of things I want to enjoy before I kick over.

Old 07-27-2013, 10:36 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,248,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
What is the six something removed?

I need cherries to make a recipe I bought some other ingredients for. It's a salmon dish with a mint cherry sauce. Hope I still have the complete recipe, got it from one of those tasting stands they put out at the supermarket. It was so scrumptious, I just had to have the recipe that I'll probably never make if I keep forgetting to pick up all I need to make it with.
Oooh, that sounds interesting, TRosa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the minx View Post
Went out for my birthday last night to a fancy steak house because I was craving one. Order a medium well steak and when I cut into it, it was practically rare. I wanted to throw up. I pointed it out to the waitress and she took it back. 20 minutes later, still no steak so my friend called the manager over (our waitress had disappeared) and she apologized and said it would be taken off the bill. She overheard my friend say something about my birthday dinner being crappy, I guess, and the manager came over with a huge sunday for us to share and apologized. I ended up having to get a doggy bag for my steak because my friends had already eaten and I didn't want to sit there and eat with everyone staring at me.

When the bill came it was over $100, but the total was $0.
Happy Birthday, minxy! Total bill $0 = Priceless.

Quote:
The 5K I have been training for was this morning. I ran the whole thing. SD did awesome, too! I thought I would be done after this but now I don't know. I kind of enjoyed it.

Four months ago I could barely run. I am pretty happy I met my goal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
My wife started the same way, 5 half-marathons later.......
Congratulations! Wow, that's impressive.

Old 07-27-2013, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
A clam bake is on my list of things I want to enjoy before I kick over.
Well there ya go! You all can come on down and join the race. I'll give you my beer

Old 07-28-2013, 12:00 AM

52,269 posts, read 52,700,922 times
I came in the room and put some extra bacon we cooked up into Mrs. Chow's mouth.

I then thought that there would be a lot more Catholics if the Communion wafers were bacon.....

LOL, just joshing... don't want to offend people out there....

Old 07-28-2013, 12:08 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,785,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I came in the room and put some extra bacon we cooked up into Mrs. Chow's mouth.

I then thought that there would be a lot more Catholics if the Communion wafers were bacon.....

LOL, just joshing... don't want to offend people out there....
They need to come up with kosher bacon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships