Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2013, 08:38 AM

16,959 posts, read 17,391,328 times

Advertisements

I prefer a quick hug or a kiss on the cheek for a job well done after sex. Theres no need to lay on my chest all night and inhibit my breathing, or send my arm to sleep.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2013, 08:40 AM

9,130 posts, read 20,066,633 times
I like to cuddle with my wife, but I usually fall asleep pretty quick (if we are not in the mood for other things).

Old 07-05-2013, 09:28 AM

5,988 posts, read 10,491,870 times
I like to cuddle, whether or not it's after sex. However, I get overheated easily, so that limits things. And, if I'm going to be awake a while, I'll want a book or something on TV. We do cuddle and watch TV together often, though.

Old 07-05-2013, 09:33 AM

688 posts, read 898,875 times
I like cuddling as well, as long as her hair is not in my face, she's not breathing into my nose and it's a temperate environment. Cuddling is not so great if it's hot.

Old 07-05-2013, 09:57 AM

2,758 posts, read 4,967,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJagMan View Post
You're all reading too much into this. It's the "touchy feely gene", the majority of females have it and the majority of guys do not. Just because a guy cuddles after sex doesn't mean he's into it; he could doing it as a thank you gesture or has the feeling that if he doesn't cuddle with you now it decreases his odds of having sex with you next time. You gals can usually identify these guys very early by observing how he interacts with people and if he's touching his friends.

Bolded: I don't agree.
I don't do much contact with friends at all. I have boundaries with friends. As do most of my friends do. I'm not sure what kind of contact you are referring to. When I greet certain friends we may do a handshake/hug combo, and then theres people I only handshake type greet. And if your a woman that I don't know too well, I won't hug you. I'm not a fan of the hug if I'm not friends with you. But I will do it if someone engages it.

Now cuddling? If I am interested in a woman, I really like to cuddle. I had a LTR in which we spent many many nights literally cuddling all night. Loved it.
Since then, I learned that few women enjoy this. Some people just need their space. Even after sex.
I dated someone a while back that really liked to cuddle. I was excited, as I had discovered 'another one of those'.

Over the years, I need more space than I used to, mainly it is more of a physical necessity, as opposed to needing separation for my mental state.
I honestly don't know if I could be in a LTR with a woman that didn't cuddle. If everything else was really good, than probably, but for me there is a correlation between how well a relationship is going and how much cuddling. More cuddling equals better relationship IMO. Of course, some people like to cuddle, so lots of cuddling doesn't always equal good relationship.

Old 07-05-2013, 10:13 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,949,976 times
I like to cuddle, before or after. But also on the couch watching TV.

Old 07-05-2013, 10:33 AM

2,386 posts, read 3,274,668 times
My ex was a cuddler, as soon as we got in the house he would pull me up onto his knee and burry his head under my chin or if we were in bed he would cuddle in and pull me onto his chest. I love to cuddle if I'm comfortable with the person but I like my own space in bed as I hate being too warm

Old 07-05-2013, 10:53 AM

5,460 posts, read 7,774,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bebe182 View Post
So all my guy friends say that they like to cuddle if they're really into a girl, and even then it's not something that's really important to them. I know every guy is different, but a while ago I was in a FWB situation, and the guy just loved to cuddle. My ex-boyfriends didnt even cuddle with me like he did. We would do the deed, and then for the rest of the entire night he would just cuddle with me which I always found so odd for a guy to do, especially cause I'm not really into cuddling myself...I mean it's ok for a little while, but the entire night? c'mon!!

Anyway just wondering how many of you guys just like cuddling for the sake of cuddling? Or do you have to be really into the girl?
I'm a guy and I *love* cuddling! I've never been intimate with a girl yet of course, but even totally PG-rated cuddling can be a very beautiful expression of love and affection But yes, cuddling is very important to me as a guy -- in fact, the only loving expression that is better than cuddling would be a real, genuinely-spoken and affectionate "ILY". Between having that and cuddling, I will be one very happy guy

Old 07-05-2013, 02:39 PM

39,340 posts, read 27,726,584 times
I love cuddling especially with the man I love.
I love giving massages to my parents, my brothers, my sister. I love hugging my nephews. I just am a very physical person.

Cuddling sometimes is even better than mind blowing sex. It is so intimate.

Old 07-05-2013, 02:50 PM

31,173 posts, read 22,204,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I love cuddling especially with the man I love.
I love giving massages to my parents, my brothers, my sister. I love hugging my nephews. I just am a very physical person.

Cuddling sometimes is even better than mind blowing sex. It is so intimate.
Thats the great thing about it: You can have both every time.

I'm kind of surprised. From the responses here, you would almost think that some people view cuddling as a fetish.

From what I understand everybody desires some kind of close human contact unless you are a Sociopath or have Abandonment issues. The quantity/duration and who provides the contact is what varies person to person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships