Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2013, 02:40 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,999,231 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elained10 View Post
Yeah I know. I got a horrible DM and posted it here but it got deleted and mod said not all men hate single mothers which I obviously know
Report the DM. The guy who wrote you it should have consequences.

Too bad I couldn't read it before it got deleted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2013, 03:03 PM

752 posts, read 1,165,027 times
Guys I told you before. There is nothing in CA. Just force yourself to do it a few times and you will get used.

Old 07-14-2013, 04:33 PM

2,386 posts, read 3,269,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
Report the DM. The guy who wrote you it should have consequences.

Too bad I couldn't read it before it got deleted.
I thought I could post it. I still have it, unless they delete DMs too?

Old 07-14-2013, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I agree, a good deal of what you read here is total BS.....
Thank god

Old 07-14-2013, 04:35 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,999,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elained10 View Post
I thought I could post it. I still have it, unless they delete DMs too?
Check your messages and see if it's still there. If it is, write to a mod and quote the DM so she can read it.

Old 07-14-2013, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
Check your messages and see if it's still there. If it is, write to a mod and quote the DM so she can read it.
She read it today and said nothing about it! It doesn't matter the mod was fine with the message being sent to me but it was too horrible for public viewing

The guy apologised and admitted he was wrong, we all make mistakes.

Old 07-14-2013, 06:56 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,464,007 times
(in reply to OP)

Great story, very encouraging. I'm finding it easier and easier to give out compliments like that because most of the time, they really appreciate hearing it.

So even if they already have a BF or a husband, I find that the value to them is greater than my own anxiety.

In economic or math terms, the total gain usually exceeds the total pain.

Old 07-14-2013, 07:02 PM

706 posts, read 1,205,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AT-AT28 View Post
Figured i'd post this while it was still fresh in my mind to help maybe some other poor guy shy guy like me take a risk to make himself feel better.

Went to dinner tonight just a few hours ago with my dad at a local italian place we visit often. This time we got served by a new gal I haven't seen before. Damn, shea really cute waitress with a sexy little french maid looking outfit that was flat black with a big glossy black buckle around her waste with white netted leggings all up her nice legs with cute semi tall black boots. The outfit was really cute and just enough of a tease to catch a guys eye without considered being slutty or inappropriate, I really liked it. But the big ones was she had gorgeous, big brown eyes, thick brown hair wrapped up and a great smile. I'm a HUGE sucker for brown eyes and long black/brown hair, I just go crazy.

She was around her early to mid 20's and real attractive in my viewpoint. I pondered how much older I was in comparison to her so but she was very polite and smiled a lot and everytime I smiled at her she smiled right back. I simply couldn't stop looking at her, she just really just fired on all cylinders on my attraction scale lol so I forgot about the age difference quickly. A few times she caught me looking at her casually and smiled right back and then I smiled. I was immediately feeling that "comfortable to approach" that I rarely get with a lot of women in public, so I was a very rare and unexpected treat tonight with dinner lol

This continued through dinner and again, she always looked right at my eyes when I looked and smiled back at me so I was beginning to feel rather comfortable and couragous. I "faked" a restroom break and managed to catch her walking buy and I politely said to her face:

"I really like your outfit, it looks really cute and good on you" And I did mean it, it looked really cute and attractive on her

She beamed and said "aww, Thanks so much!" and went on her way.

Now I was REALLY firing on on cylinders on the dating engine in me, and seeings how I just turned 33 and had a good trip to Seattle last weekend, I finally said "Ah, screw it"

When she dropped off the check a bit later, my dad left for restroom so I took the payment up to the counter and got her attention. I said thanks so much for the good service, complimented the chef and then leaned in and semi whispered in a polite tone to her face

"Would you like to have coffee or lunch sometime with me?"

She smiled big and also looked kinda dissapointed at same time and said "Aww, well thanks much but I already have a boyfriend..."

Typical of my luck with ladies. Still, decided to throw out my last compliment to her that I do with all ladies I get reject by due to already being taken. I smiled back and said:

"Oh, I'm sorry. Well thank you and he's a very lucky man" which I do usually mean when I see a lady that catchs my eye and find out some other lucky bastard already has them. Its my own personal way of saying something polite and flattering to women and it usually ends up impressing them as very few have ever been complimented by a man this way.

She smiled big with those gorgeous brown eyes of hers I couldn't take my eyes off and acted somewhat surprised I think and said "Awwww, well thanks so much!"

I said thanks again for meal to her and the cook and left with my dad waiting for me outside.

Once again, like almost ALL of my tries with women in cold approaches, I felt bummed out. But at same time I felt.... really good to actually do something rather then have my OCD wonder for days wether I should have asked her out or not. I had my answer cause I took a chance and felt.... Proud actually that I had something about my dating scene rather then just stewing for hours thinking about girls I never had the balls to ask so many, many times in the past

So I guess getting older and wiser has led me to breaking out of my OCD shy shell at times and if nothing else, it just helped boost my confidence just a little more and made me feel just a little bit more "couragous" to ask the next gal when the timing and situation feels good.

In short gentlemen, just take say "Fark it" the next time you feel a comfortable attraction to a women in public and go for it. If nothing else, it will be fun to try, be good practice and confidence booster for next time and will REALLY help ease your mind on knowing you actually asked a gal and got an answer rather then wondering "What if, what if what if"? like I have so many times for so many years
nice OP.

Old 07-14-2013, 07:02 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
95% of the time when u think she has just ghot to have u
U r having a waking sex dream
When dad is no longer paying for din din u will move into the world of men and women
And leave the world of child fantasy behind

Old 07-14-2013, 07:05 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,614,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
95% of the time when u think she has just ghot to have u
U r having a waking sex dream
When dad is no longer paying for din din u will move into the world of men and women
And leave the world of children
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships