Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2013, 01:37 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,160,243 times

Advertisements

Rogers is right, unfortunately. It's very hard to date in the early twenties age range (I'm 22). I'm not into casual hookups. Most of the women I've dated seriously after high school have been 25 or older.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2013, 10:21 AM

5,210 posts, read 4,672,866 times
An attractive girl who is both smart and outgoing and truly single (meaning not talking to any guys, not being chased by any guys) is very rare indeed. I've been looking hard for such a rare specimen but I've learned over the years that what makes her attractive to me is also what makes her attractive to most other guys.

Old 07-19-2013, 10:37 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,223,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caverunner17 View Post
Anyways, This just happened to me the 4th time in 2 years -- a girl who I'm interested in (and I was pretty sure would start dating soon) is seemingly playing the field --even worse, with one of my friends. Her and I had hung out a few times, had a lot in common and had fun. She moved back with her parents for the summer before her new job starts in August -- when I was going to ask her out.

We've been texting back and forth a lot, some cute stuff, some generic talk, some subtle sexual stuff etc. Anyways, we met through common friends (I was friends with her college roommates). Anyways, I was hanging out with the group last night (she’s still at home), and shot her a few texts, like “Hey you, how was your day? Can I give you a call around 8?” etc. Nothing back. My friend (who met her at the same time I did) was sitting next to me texting her back and forth. Finally got something back a few hours later with a “Sorry, I was busy, maybe tomorrow?”
First, I don't see why you think these girls are especially attracted to you. Because they will text with you when they are bored? The last one is clearly more into your friend than you.

Second, what do you expect them to do? Put their life on hold while you get around to making a move? If you aren't seriously dating her then she is prefectly free to be going out with others. She isn't "playing the field". She's living her life.

Old 07-20-2013, 10:05 PM

355 posts, read 389,133 times
@OP: read the bold below

Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
Isn't it funny how you can always tell which guys spend a lot opf time on PUA sites, based on their writing style?

I'm not sure what it is, exactly, but the lines above reek of it. Something about labeling behaviours that ordinary people do intuitively, I think. (And here I go, trying to do that ).
if he was PUA his question would probably involve atleast 2 other girls he's dating at the same time

and if he was asking this on a PUA forum they'd tell him to forget about her(just another fish in the sea), escalate faster AKA more or less exactly what you said and spin more plates

Old 07-20-2013, 10:57 PM

39,232 posts, read 27,611,062 times
Quote:
I don't get this -- 4th time it's happened to me.

I'm a bit introverted (INTJ) and 23, so I'm not the huge bar type and haven't had an actual LTR yet (longest was 5 months). My previous two relationships started as "co-workers" at my campus job during college, which lead to hanging out and eventually dating.

Since then (about 2 years ago), I haven't had a relationship (or any sexual activity, as I'm not one for ONS). Graduated college, been out on my own etc. Tried the whole Online Dating thing without success (none of the girls were that interesting to me, or seemed fake).

Anyways, This just happened to me the 4th time in 2 years -- a girl who I'm interested in (and I was pretty sure would start dating soon) is seemingly playing the field --even worse, with one of my friends. Her and I had hung out a few times, had a lot in common and had fun. She moved back with her parents for the summer before her new job starts in August -- when I was going to ask her out.

We've been texting back and forth a lot, some cute stuff, some generic talk, some subtle sexual stuff etc. Anyways, we met through common friends (I was friends with her college roommates). Anyways, I was hanging out with the group last night (she’s still at home), and shot her a few texts, like “Hey you, how was your day? Can I give you a call around 8?” etc. Nothing back. My friend (who met her at the same time I did) was sitting next to me texting her back and forth. Finally got something back a few hours later with a “Sorry, I was busy, maybe tomorrow?”

The other three were similar. One ended up playing 5 guys at the same time (which didn’t work so well her in the end…), one got back together with an old ex, and I can’t quite remember what the heck the other girl was doing.

I just don’t get why either these girls are attracted to me, or why I’m attracted to them. On the surface when meeting and hanging out with them, they seemed pretty cool, smart girls who were to fun to be around. With two of them, I actually had subtle conversations about where we were going (relationship or just friends) and both girls were relationship bound based on responses (including making out with one of them after that conversation).
Opposites Attract maybe? Well, nerdy guys (aka so called nice guys) love me. I don't love them back.
Bad boys love me, I love them back. Deep down, I just love a bad boy with heart of gold, the dare devil type.

Well, I've dated many guys at one time when I was in college. I think everybody was doing it, not such a big deal.

Old 07-28-2013, 02:23 PM

25 posts, read 61,206 times
Quote:
I don't get this -- 4th time it's happened to me.

I'm a bit introverted (INTJ) and 23, so I'm not the huge bar type and haven't had an actual LTR yet (longest was 5 months). My previous two relationships started as "co-workers" at my campus job during college, which lead to hanging out and eventually dating.

Since then (about 2 years ago), I haven't had a relationship (or any sexual activity, as I'm not one for ONS). Graduated college, been out on my own etc. Tried the whole Online Dating thing without success (none of the girls were that interesting to me, or seemed fake).

The other three were similar. One ended up playing 5 guys at the same time (which didn’t work so well her in the end…), one got back together with an old ex, and I can’t quite remember what the heck the other girl was doing.

I just don’t get why either these girls are attracted to me, or why I’m attracted to them. On the surface when meeting and hanging out with them, they seemed pretty cool, smart girls who were to fun to be around. With two of them, I actually had subtle conversations about where we were going (relationship or just friends) and both girls were relationship bound based on responses (including making out with one of them after that conversation).

They are merely attractive girls that merely wanted attention nd time...here you are just given attention but they dont really like you or vice versa thats ehy you are attracted to them

Old 07-28-2013, 02:29 PM

5,295 posts, read 5,239,528 times
Im not exactly sure where you are coming from. Are you wanting to date a girl that isnt dating anyone else? Dating is called dating since you can be seeing several people at once. Dating isnt exclusive, unless both parties make it that way. Thats how people find the person they want to spend the rest of their lives with. You date a LOT of people.

You're in for a lot of heartache if you give up that easily.

Old 07-28-2013, 02:33 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,227,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adhom View Post
An attractive girl who is both smart and outgoing and truly single (meaning not talking to any guys, not being chased by any guys) is very rare indeed. I've been looking hard for such a rare specimen but I've learned over the years that what makes her attractive to me is also what makes her attractive to most other guys.
this is true... the male bees want to pollinate the pretty flower

to the op...either create your own circumstances/plans or be the result of circumstances created for you

being a meek nice introverted guy is fine,,,but you also have to be your own best cheerleader-no one else is going to do that for you

the higher the risk, the higher the reward....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships