Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2013, 11:59 AM

17,869 posts, read 20,999,231 times

Advertisements

Don't believe everything you read on the internet, including but not limited to this forum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2013, 12:24 PM

48,532 posts, read 34,863,037 times
Probably because your not exposed to it. I've had a stalker, a peeping Tom, and had a fair share of men (online dating) behave lewdly (talking about sex before even meeting them, etc.).

If you were in my circle of work and friends you would have no knowledge of that.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 07-17-2013, 02:06 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,894,931 times
The sad thing I had this even on religious dating sites. I had men ask for nude photos and ask me sex questions and pretend it was to learn about me.

Old 07-17-2013, 05:29 PM

2,279 posts, read 4,745,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Some women get that type of harassment more than others, OP. Curvier women tend to be targets for it, average women--hardly at all, if ever, below-average women are invisible to men in general.
THIS.

As the owner of a Rack of Doomâ„¢, I can attest to this. I developed a huge rack at a very early age - I was wearing a D-cup when most of the other girls hadn't even bought their first bra yet.

And a running theme ever since is that apparently the fact I have this chest is somehow proof that I want to be harassed, that I want "it", that I am a tease who deserves sexual harassment or being groped in the club. And the dozens of rumors I and the other early-to-develop girls were the target of during junior high... just for the crime of having breasts. Rumors flew that we were pregnant... that we'd had abortions. That we would give oral sex if you corned us in the stairwell closest to the home economics and wood shop classrooms. That we'd let you get to 2nd base at the movies.

I can remember coming home from school in tears, asking my mom if I could have a breast reduction for Christmas. I was 15. And 16. And 17. By 18, I stopped asking.

Even to this day, casual acquaintances and complete strangers think it's okay to touch my chest. I've mentioned wanting to have a reduction before to friends and acquaintances, and there's always at least one person who objects that "But that would be a shame! You have such nice boobs!". I'm 37, and sometimes I have problems remembering that my body belongs to me. I've been conditioned since I was 11 that my body doesn't belong to me, that on some level and to some degree, it belongs to anyone in the world who sees me.

Old 07-17-2013, 07:13 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times
Hurri try being a female on here for a month.
I want to see the info you collect. Lol

Old 07-17-2013, 07:34 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wry_Martini View Post
Even to this day, casual acquaintances and complete strangers think it's okay to touch my chest.

This is beyond my comprehension. Casual acquaintances? Like it's a perfectly normal thing to do? What's their m.o. or excuse? I can't imagine that. Strangers, as in grabbing? Or pretending to brush past you by accident? wtf???

Old 07-17-2013, 07:46 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times
Quote:

This is beyond my comprehension. Casual acquaintances? Like it's a perfectly normal thing to do? What's their m.o. or excuse? I can't imagine that. Strangers, as in grabbing? Or pretending to brush past you by accident? wtf???
She must have a lot of Gynogaligist friends.

Old 07-17-2013, 07:48 PM

34,090 posts, read 82,988,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
Doesn't matter if it's online or on the over world.
Many women on CD have posted experiences where men were lewd and improper.
Where are these men?

Kramer I'm Out There Jerry - YouTube

Old 07-17-2013, 07:55 PM

706 posts, read 1,205,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
Doesn't matter if it's online or on the over world. Many women on CD have posted experiences where men were lewd and improper. These can be married men too.

Where are these men? I personally haven't heard men talk about women in an objectified way since high school.
I remember in college getting a notice about a man that would ejaculate on women who where laying under trees by the lagoon. It was a common thing between classes to take a nap or read by the lagoon and this guy was enjoying himself a bit much. I have no clue if he was caught but you see a lot of strange things on a college campus.

Old 07-17-2013, 08:49 PM

2,279 posts, read 4,745,007 times
Quote:

Straight women & gay men are sctually some of the worst offenders, especially after a drink. They'll excuse it with a "oh it's ok, I'm gay, I don't like girls" or "I don't do girls but couldn't help myself". Then there's the "accidental touch" that isn't accidental. Or the "oh let me pick this lint/hair off your chest".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships