Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2013, 01:19 PM

1,102 posts, read 1,351,080 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the minx View Post
I might get approached by 5 guys a month and MAYBE one of them meets muster.

Quantity doesn't matter when the quality is poor.
You're still aiding my position that women meet men easier. Most men could count on one hand how many women approached them this year. For many its probably zero.

Why is this even an argument? I'm at a loss here
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2013, 01:42 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,004,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy1316 View Post
You're still aiding my position that women meet men easier. Most men could count on one hand how many women approached them this year. For many its probably zero.

I don't know. You seem bent on proving some kind of point. You tell me.

Old 07-18-2013, 01:46 PM

523 posts, read 840,374 times
Quote:
As women age and their looks decline (there are people on this forum that refute this biological fact), the level of suitor declines with their looks. That is not to say the number of suitors decline, as there are always sex starved (dare I used the word beta), lonley, and / or desperate men that will date or sleep with anything willing that couldn't be mistaken for a land beast.

Some women rationalize this into "I'm still just as attractive as ever and my age doesn't affect my ability to attract a mate." They could still be hopping from relationship to relationship, but they will be settling for far less than what they could have attained (for committment) in their twenties.
I find this to be completely false. The level of suitor is much better now (in 40s) than in my twenties. Guys in their 40s have better jobs, matured, learned from past relationships and better in bed than guys in 20s, and early 30s. I like dating in my 40s much better than in my 20s. Didn't date in my 30s, so don't know what that's like.

Old 07-18-2013, 02:01 PM

1,102 posts, read 1,351,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogluvr2013 View Post
I find this to be completely false. The level of suitor is much better now (in 40s) than in my twenties. Guys in their 40s have better jobs, matured, learned from past relationships and better in bed than guys in 20s, and early 30s. I like dating in my 40s much better than in my 20s. Didn't date in my 30s, so don't know what that's like.
The rationalization here is awesome

Old 07-18-2013, 02:13 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,464,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
So why aren't you the better option?

Because women don't find broke burger flippers desirable when they have better/richer options.

Old 07-18-2013, 03:04 PM

102,212 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:

Men probably don't count the women who struck up casual convos with them in stores or coffeeshops, or elsewhere. The chances are that if a woman initiated a convo, it's an approach. Men don't count that as an approach, unless she asks him out or asks for his number.

Old 07-18-2013, 03:06 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Men probably don't count the women who struck up casual convos with them in stores or coffeeshops, or elsewhere. The chances are that if a woman initiated a convo, it's an approach. Men don't count that as an approach, unless she asks him out or asks for his number.
Yep. And men count catcalls or requests to hook up as approaches for women.

Old 07-18-2013, 05:42 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,894,931 times
This thread is so ridiculous but I expect that from the men here. Sure there are less men in their 40's but there are also less women in their 40's. I pretty much still look the same as I did in my 20's and I have no wrinkles. Most of the men I see at my age look old and frumpy (and are usually fat too). Yes, contrary to what the men here often think (many of whom have never dated a women)we do judge on looks just like men do so no excuse to look disgusting.

Old 07-18-2013, 05:49 PM

523 posts, read 840,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
This thread is so ridiculous but I expect that from the men here. Sure there are less men in their 40's but there are also less women in their 40's. I pretty much still look the same as I did in my 20's and I have no wrinkles. Most of the men I see at my age look old and frumpy (and are usually fat too). Yes, contrary to what the men here often think (many of whom have never dated a women)we do judge on looks just like men do so no excuse to look disgusting.
You are such a man hater. There are many men in their 40s that don't look disgusting and work out. I really doubt you look the same as in your 20s, sorry.

Old 07-18-2013, 05:51 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,894,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Funny, it always seemed to me it was the guys who found women pretty quickly. After a break-up or divorce, the guy already has another gf pretty soon, while the woman takes her time, if she has any choice at all. Some women go years without being approached at all.
I don't know if women do this but when I was doing online dating I was often contacted by separated or recently divorced men. I found this very creepy because you would think after a marriage breakup dating again would be the last thing on their mind. I've known many men who already had girlfriends when they got divorced because they couldn't be alone. I've never seen this with women and can't think of any women who had a boyfriend while going through a divorce or recently divorced.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships