Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2013, 04:20 PM

231 posts, read 294,670 times

Advertisements

We had been dating for about a month. One day I asked her out over a text she told me that I acted like I wasn't interested. I talked to her in person and told her how much I liked her and that I wasn't making many moves because I was extremely shy but that I wanted to try. She then told me that she couldn't open up to me, had trust issues, and only wanted a friendship.

Why would she call me out for not acting interested if she didn't want anything more than a friendship?

*I did kiss her once & she seemed very enthusiastic to hang out with me even after I kissed her but she never really allowed me to get physically close to her. I went over to her house a few days after the kiss. I sat down on her couch and she picked a chair halfway across the room. It made it pretty much impossible to go anywhere.

Why was she acting like this? She had to be somewhat interested, right? I've been really depressed because I really like this girl. How do I get her to open up?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2013, 04:27 PM

2,758 posts, read 4,959,719 times
she isnt into you.
The put the onus on you at first hoping that she was right. When you confessed your feelings, she then tried another excuse.
Move on, she doesn't want you in a romatic way.

When a woman likes you, she doesn't sit in a chair all the way across the room. .

Old 07-25-2013, 04:36 PM

706 posts, read 1,205,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewC7 View Post
We had been dating for about a month. One day I asked her out over a text she told me that I acted like I wasn't interested. I talked to her in person and told her how much I liked her and that I wasn't making many moves because I was extremely shy but that I wanted to try. She then told me that she couldn't open up to me, had trust issues, and only wanted a friendship.

Why would she call me out for not acting interested if she didn't want anything more than a friendship?

*I did kiss her once & she seemed very enthusiastic to hang out with me even after I kissed her but she never really allowed me to get physically close to her. I went over to her house a few days after the kiss. I sat down on her couch and she picked a chair halfway across the room. It made it pretty much impossible to go anywhere.

Why was she acting like this? She had to be somewhat interested, right? I've been really depressed because I really like this girl. How do I get her to open up?
You've been dating for a month or hanging out for a month?

She told you what she wants, a friendship. That s*cks that she kissed you though, she is giving you mixed signs with that, but I think it's a done deal.

I'd take a break from hanging out with her for a while, giving you time to heal a bit. Hopefully you two can remain friends.

Old 07-25-2013, 04:38 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,227,645 times
buy 4 bottles of boonesfarm-the good stuff,,,and get her drunk,,,

Old 07-25-2013, 06:36 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times
How old is she? Sounds like highschool crap.

Old 07-25-2013, 08:37 PM

231 posts, read 294,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
college

Old 07-25-2013, 08:39 PM

1,030 posts, read 4,278,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
This is what I thought as well. If thats the case Ill say this...

Girls like attention, girls looove attention lol. Dont dwell on this chick. Just dont give her any attention and be happy about finding another girl.

If thats what you want just be more forward next time.

Theres alot more I could say but youll get it eventually

Old 07-25-2013, 09:01 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times
Quote:
college
Ignore her. That will sober her up.

Old 07-26-2013, 02:14 AM

10,214 posts, read 17,881,804 times
Quote:

Well, we're not psychic so we can't know what was going on inside her head. But it sounds like she was just surprised because she had no idea that you liked her. She might have been sending mixed signals because she was willing to give you chance but then discovered there was no "spark" for her - or perhaps she decided she couldn't trust someone who could so easily keep their true feelings hidden. If she didn't know you liked her, it makes sense that she had never considered whether there could be something between you. She gave it a shot but decided against it and told you she would rather remain just friends.

You don't "get her to open up." She's set you a boundary, you need to respect it and move on.

Old 07-26-2013, 02:33 AM

1,355 posts, read 2,546,736 times
friendzone. get some social skills shy one
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships