Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2013, 12:23 PM

12,783 posts, read 15,005,798 times

Advertisements

My longtime SO has never been into drinking, smoking, clubbing, drugs, etc. He's a wholesome, good person. He's not in his 20s anymore. Every so often, he wants to get a tattoo, but never comes close to doing it. He'll talk about it for a bit one day, then it's onto something else. I HATE, DESPISE, LOATHE them & he knows that. It's just my opinion about them & everyone has the right to their opinion about things. Chances are, he probably won't ever get one & even he's said that himself, but you never know. And no, him getting a tattoo isn't a deal breaker in our relationship.

Has this or something similar happened to you?

Let's not turn this thread into me thinking I'm better than everyone. There's nothing wrong with people just not liking certain things, it's as simple as that.

Last edited by Forever Blue; 07-28-2013 at 01:03 PM..

Old 07-28-2013, 12:26 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,009,105 times
no, it never has.

It would suck if I was with someone for a long while and they wanted to get a tattoo and went through with it. I don't know how I would react really.

Old 07-28-2013, 12:29 PM

523 posts, read 840,678 times
I love tattoos. They are so hot! You never know, you might like it.

Old 07-28-2013, 12:33 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,643,400 times
It's his body, if he wants a tattoo he should be able to get one.

Oh, and I'm not into 'drinking, clubbing, drug use etc' and I have a full sleeve. Just because a person has a tattoo doesn't make them a bad person

Old 07-28-2013, 12:37 PM

I'm sure I'll never like them. In addition to my personal dislike for them, they & people who have them are portrayed in society as unprofessional, seedy, slubbornly & not upscale, etc. I know tons of people have them, but still. If tattoos are so "great", why do workplaces want you to cover them up, wear long sleevs, etc.? Because of the reasons I stated: Not making a good impression, unprofessional, etc. I don't care how many people have them, I do not like them. There's a certain stigma that goes along with them. It's like mohawks. I hate them too by the way.

Old 07-28-2013, 12:40 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,643,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
I'm sure I'll never like them. In addition to my personal dislike for them, they & people who have them are portrayed in society as unprofessional, seedy, slubbornly & not upscale, etc. I know tons of people have them, but still. If tattoos are so "great", why do workplaces want you to cover them up, wear long sleevs, etc.? Because of the reasons I stated: Not making a good impression, unprofessional, etc. I don't care how many people have them, I do not like them. There's a certain stigma that goes along with them. It's like mohawks. I hate them too by the way.
You sound like a real peach to be around.

Maybe he'd be better off without such a judgemental partner.

Old 07-28-2013, 12:44 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,009,105 times
Quote:
i know a few guys who have tattoos, and they are pretty good people who work hard and they do not give off any negative vibes.

I just don't like how they look on people, but I don't think less of them.

Old 07-28-2013, 12:47 PM

JetJockey, if that's what you think, fine with me, so be it. Everyone's different with different personalities. I never admitted to being the wildest, partying type, but my SO & I are fun in our own ways. We've never gone dancing, clubbing, karaoke, bars, etc....that's not our scene. I'm pretty down to earth, working on 2nd Masters degree, likes traveling & the more upscale/finer things in life. Took piano lessons from age 7-17. So whatever picture about me that's in your head from that, great!

I really don't care if people think we're "boring". Compared to most people, I'm sure we are. From time to time, we do talk about getting motorcycles for fun someday.

Old 07-28-2013, 12:50 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,184,405 times
Quote:
JetJockey, if that's what you think, fine with me, so be it. Everyone's different with different personalities. I never admitted to being the wildest, partying type, but my SO & I are fun in our own ways. We've never gone dancing, clubbing, karaoke, bars, etc....that's not our scene. I'm pretty down to earth, working on 2nd Masters degree, likes traveling & the more upscale/finer things in life. Took piano lessons from age 7-17. So whatever picture about me that's in your head from that, great!
I know people like that (I suppose in some ways, that could describe me as well). Some of them have tattoos.

What do piano lessons have to do with anything?

My husband and I don't have a penchant for tattoos so it's not an issue. I also can't think of anything he's considering doing that I hate.

Old 07-28-2013, 12:51 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,184,405 times
Quote:
I really don't care if people think we're "boring". Compared to most people, I'm sure we are. From time to time, we do talk about getting motorcycles for fun someday.
I don't think you are coming off as boring. Judgmental and arrogant - yes. I can understand the point of your thread - just not the direction you have taken it in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships