Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2013, 02:52 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,275,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wry_Martini View Post
So are mine. I often forget I have them (or some of them), and it's kind of funny when someone realizes one day that I have them. For example, I never wear anything sleeveless to work (without a jacket or cardigan) because I get very cold. I ate lunch outside last week with some colleagues and took off my cardigan and they were surprised to see my shoulder.

Mine are also all intensely meaningful and carefully crafted pieces of art. None of that "getting drunk, going into a seedy back alley tattoo parlor and picking something off the 1980s era flash taped to the wall" that keeps getting tossed out in this thread.
Same here.

I get confused when someone comments on mine. I forget they are there.

Mine are original. One drawn out over weeks of planning, the other more organic and woven together over time.

Old 07-29-2013, 02:55 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,246,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Why won't I be able to choose how I look? I can choose how I look now, why would that change in the future? And you'll be saggy and wrinkly just like everyone else.

My parents have been married since my mom was 19 and my Dad was 21....30 years later and they're still happy as clams. Oh, and they both have tattoos Of *gasp* each others names!! Oh the horrors!!

Who says I still won't think my tattoos are a good idea down the road? 10 years and counting and I've never regretted any of them so far.
Tattoo regret becomes the latest trend | News.com.au

Old 07-29-2013, 02:56 PM

Quote:
I don't trust an artist that has 'walk in' hours to be honest... all the good artists have a few week waiting list and no generic flash on the walls
Yeah. I know shops make money off flash, and a shop with new artists will have it for them to practice (and for that segment of the population that likes little tattoos to fulfill their walk on the wild side).

I just prefer artists who take pride in their craft.

I may up and want a swallow one day. If I do? It'll have a unique touch that makes it mine.

Old 07-29-2013, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
This is why we take our time and we plan. Carefully.

Old 07-29-2013, 02:58 PM

39,231 posts, read 27,623,465 times
Quote:
latest trend?

well, laser tattoo removal then.

Old 07-29-2013, 03:01 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,004,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
latest trend?

well, laser tattoo removal then.
Eh, it's probably expensive to have it done, so if someone doesn't like the tattoo they got years later, they are usually stuck with them.

Old 07-29-2013, 03:04 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,638,087 times
Quote:
Obviously. There are many people out there who make stupid decisions...not all of us do. Like I said, my work is all original and done by artists that I personally interviewed. Right now I live in MA and my artist is in CA...guess what? I'm waiting to visit family in the next few months and I plan on getting some more work done. I don't just choose artists willy nilly and I've actually been waiting for a few years following my current artist until he was at the point as an artist where I wanted him to tattoo me. I saw an incredible amount of potential in his work and I'm glad I waited. He now has a 3 month min. wait list and charges a few hundred an hour.

Weird how I would spend that much time, energy and money on something I'm apparently going to regret.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_whatever View Post
Yeah. I know shops make money off flash, and a shop with new artists will have it for them to practice (and for that segment of the population that likes little tattoos to fulfill their walk on the wild side).

I just prefer artists who take pride in their craft.

I may up and want a swallow one day. If I do? It'll have a unique touch that makes it mine.
I have a swallow and it's definitely unique His name is Roger and I have a full back story on him

Old 07-29-2013, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Obviously. There are many people out there who make stupid decisions...not all of us do. Like I said, my work is all original and done by artists that I personally interviewed. Right now I live in MA and my artist is in CA...guess what? I'm waiting to visit family in the next few months and I plan on getting some more work done. I don't just choose artists willy nilly and I've actually been waiting for a few years following my current artist until he was at the point as an artist where I wanted him to tattoo me. I saw an incredible amount of potential in his work and I'm glad I waited. He now has a 3 month min. wait list and charges a few hundred an hour.

Weird how I would spend that much time, energy and money on something I'm apparently going to regret.

I have a swallow and it's definitely unique His name is Roger and I have a full back story on him

I have a hummimgbird. He's nameless and mysterious. My tattoos all have stories. I enjoy their meanings.

Old 07-29-2013, 03:09 PM

1,751 posts, read 3,689,906 times
I don't want to choose a piece of art I have to hang on my wall for the rest of my life, so I think tattoos are stupid.

I was married to a man who got a tattoo. Guess what? In the long run, it had no impact whatsoever on our relationship.

During my marriage, I thought he should be and act the way I wanted him to. Once I was free of that I learned that a lot of things are completely irrelevant to a quality relationship. Tattoos would definitely be one of them.

I'm looking for a man who cares for me, is fun to be with, and is a responsible citizen. Who cares if he has a tattoo?

Old 07-29-2013, 03:11 PM

2,279 posts, read 4,746,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_whatever View Post
This is why we take our time and we plan. Carefully.
Yup. I bet the majority of tattoo regret is experienced by the "I got drunk at the beach and decided to get a tattoo of Sonic the Hedgehog on my bicep" crowd than the people who spend months working with an artist to design something from initial concept, tweaking and revising until it's just right.

Note: A guy in my brothers fraternity did the Sonic the Hedgehog example mentioned above. They found him in the shower the next day, frantically trying to wash it off with a scrub brush and dishwasher soap. Not a good scene.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships