Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2013, 11:59 PM

105 posts, read 284,070 times

Advertisements

All my life I have dated goodlooking and average men who I had very little luck with. Now that I'm older I look for more in a mate and am able to see more than the physical meaning if I don't particularly find a man attractive off the bat, but he approaches me in a nice way, and seems to have other qualities I admire I give him a shot.

A few weeks ago I was approached by a man who is overweight, disheveled looking, thick glasses, lisp, plain in the face, not someone women would typically go for and he admitted he'd not had a girlfriend in over 10 years as women don't give him the time of day. But I liked how he talked to me and I got to know him and grew to like his personality and spending time with each other. We dated for a few weeks and he repeatedly confessed his feelings for me and I told him I liked him as well. He noted that I'm the coolest chick he ever met, great personality, he loves spending time with me, he loves our chemistry, he thinks I'm very beautiful. So we decided to be a couple.

Things went well for a few days after becoming official, nothing changed, then he just suddenly dumped me by text. Reason? Dating me gave him an ego boost. Knowing that he was able to snag me, instead of settling down with me at this point he wants to continue to play the field to see if anything better is out there. I guess all of qualities he mentioned liking weren't good enough, he feels he needs something EVEN better.

Laaame. Kinda bruises my self esteem. Its like if things with average-good looking who are decent aren't working and things with not so good looking who are decent aren't working. Where left to look? Who can I be good enough for? I feel I am a goodlooking woman, nice outgoing personality, hobbies, interests, employed, I have a life outside of partners so I'm not clingy, I'm caring and make a good mate, but its never enough.

Grrr. Guess I need a cat.

Just feeling down right now and needed to rant. Thanks for reading.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2013, 12:11 AM

1,355 posts, read 2,547,302 times
stop dating losers.

Old 07-30-2013, 12:19 AM

Thanks. Didn't think of that. I will try to keep that in mind next time.

Old 07-30-2013, 12:23 AM

dont be too hard on yourself, just make better choices when it comes to men.

Old 07-30-2013, 12:35 AM

Wasn't trying to be rude. I just thought when I explained that I was dating outside of my type and giving someone a shot I wouldn't normally based on what qualities that he had on the inside that I was trying to make an effort NOT to date a loser.

He'd not had luck with dating much like I have not and I'm not a loser, so I looked past that. I had no idea he'd just use me as a confidence boost to attempt to date up. I truly thought he was into me and we were on the same page up until he dumped me out of nowhere.

I guess I didn't explain well, but the point I was trying to make in the OP is that I try to pick quality partners no matter how they look - goodlooking, average, not so goodlooking but for some reason unknown to me I continue to dumped because they want to keep looking for someone else and feel they deserve better than me. It's become very damaging to my self esteem.

Like most people my age who are settled down I would like to find love and happiness. But no one seems to want to make a commitment to me even as a girlfriend :-\ I'm entering my 30s and I know my selection of eligible partners is dwindling every year.

Old 07-30-2013, 12:40 AM

the guy is strange, no confidence boost can make up for 10yrs of being dateless. also, fyi, guys wont value you more than you value yourself. check out joel osteen material to get you back to the road to recovery.

Last edited by nokiddin; 07-30-2013 at 12:55 AM..

Old 07-30-2013, 12:42 AM

19,969 posts, read 30,236,853 times
hey,,,you are kind hearted.,,, gave a guy a chance,,,and he blew it,,.. (his right hand probly got jealous)

most of us have dated charity cases,,,thinking its good for karma,,,dont be so hard on yourself..

and never ever ever allow a loser to define you....

its too bad shyt like this happens,,,,you gave one guy a chance,,that a thousand guys live for...just this one,,,guy,,,was an idiot...

Old 07-30-2013, 12:52 AM

4,078 posts, read 5,417,800 times
He broke up with you via text, he's not had a woman in 10 years, he's probably not had a woman for that long bc he's a selfish prick..!

Your story reminds me of my co-worker (she's Anna Nichole status- very beautiful), and she's dating a guy who always gawks at every other chick up and down.

For a guy who's overweight, big nosed, looks like a carnie, acts like he's such a player, he's lucky she's loyal to him. I dislike his disrespect towards her... total coward p.o.s.

Old 07-30-2013, 12:59 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,740,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat949 View Post
He broke up with you via text, he's not had a woman in 10 years, he's probably not had a woman for that long bc he's a selfish prick..!
Exactly. He was unlucky with women because of his dire personality and attitude, not his looks. The same thing has happened to me.

Old 07-30-2013, 07:11 AM

Thank you guys so much for making me laugh about it It truly helps.

And yeah it sucks. Not that I think he was beneath me because of how he looked, but because of that and his bad luck I really thought he valued me and I valued what a good man I thought him to be. But funny, he turned out to be no different than the hotties who are so sure they only deserve to be with the very best.

Sad thing is, now that he's done this to me, if history repeats itsself as how things went with others the next girl he meets WILL be the one he falls hard for and they will be happy together for years or ever. And I will continue to be alone.

Boy does life suck! I must've done some really ****ed up **** in the past that I'm not aware of to have this kinda luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships