Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2013, 12:22 PM

149 posts, read 347,849 times

Advertisements

There's nothing I can't stand more than when someone ignores text messages.

There could be 100 reasons why he hasn't responded. But the fact is, he hasn't and as difficult as it might be I'd just let it be and not contact him. Like the others have said, if he's interested he will find a way to get in touch with you. No doubt about that.

It sounds like he's too much of a wuss to man up and tell you what's really going on. I wouldn't waste my time on a guy like that! Been there, done that, totally not worth it!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2013, 12:29 PM

1,429 posts, read 2,445,781 times
Why are you taking it as him "ignoring" the issue?

He's clearly sending you a signal, you're just choosing not to accept it.

Old 08-04-2013, 02:34 PM

236 posts, read 556,285 times
Yeah, so I will just let it go for now. If he does decide to contact me, then I'm not sure how I'll respond. It was fun while it lasted though.

Old 08-05-2013, 09:56 AM

7,855 posts, read 10,291,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rere900 View Post
Met this guy while on vacation with some friends. We hit it off pretty hard for the days we were there (kissing, but no sex). We exchanged numbers before leaving to go back home. We both live in different states on the east cost.

After getting back home we communicated pretty regularly, mostly texting. We both expressed how we really liked each other, missed each other, etc., etc.. One night I asked him if he would be willing to me me at a halfway point for a weekend in September since I was going to be in that area anyway to visit some family. I would drive and he was planning on flying. He said Yes and asked me for the dates and he would check tickets. Several days later he said he checked tickets and he would come on "this day" leave on "that day" and would let me know the details when he purchased the tickets.

Maybe I was being a little annoying but the the next day I text him asking, "when do you think you will buy them?" He never respond. Silly me the next day, I text him again and asked if he got my previous text. Still no response. Just weird, so I don't know if I should just let it go altogether, or maybe wait a few weeks and see if he contacts me, or should I try to contact him again??

hes not interested , a person doesn't hang about getting back to someone they are interested in , I had what I thought was a successful first date with a girl ( I met online ) nine days ago , she complimented on my smooth way of getting her to agree to a second date which I told her was on my birthday btw , anyway , I texted her twice during the following week ( three days apart ) and on each occasion , she took a full day to reply and the replies were not overly enthusiastic , I called her three days ago to see where we were going for our second date as she said she would pick a restaurant close to her town , went to voicemail and she never got back

anyway , got a text yesterday evening to say she had to cancel our " meeting " ( as she phrased it ) this evening due to the fact she spent the weekend in another city at her nephews baptism and was tired due to a busy week , if this girl was interested

I of course sent her a text which expressed my disappointment at her dishonesty , she was never interested in me in the first place yet agreed to a second date while we were at a café during our first date , she never even replied to my text which proved she didn't even care that I scolded her

some people just mess you around

Old 08-05-2013, 10:29 AM

50,799 posts, read 36,501,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_bob View Post
hes not interested , a person doesn't hang about getting back to someone they are interested in , I had what I thought was a successful first date with a girl ( I met online ) nine days ago , she complimented on my smooth way of getting her to agree to a second date which I told her was on my birthday btw , anyway , I texted her twice during the following week ( three days apart ) and on each occasion , she took a full day to reply and the replies were not overly enthusiastic , I called her three days ago to see where we were going for our second date as she said she would pick a restaurant close to her town , went to voicemail and she never got back

anyway , got a text yesterday evening to say she had to cancel our " meeting " ( as she phrased it ) this evening due to the fact she spent the weekend in another city at her nephews baptism and was tired due to a busy week , if this girl was interested

I of course sent her a text which expressed my disappointment at her dishonesty , she was never interested in me in the first place yet agreed to a second date while we were at a café during our first date , she never even replied to my text which proved she didn't even care that I scolded her

some people just mess you around
Most people are not going to care if a relative stranger "scolds" them, in fact it probably reinforced her relief in not seeing you any longer. As a veteran online dater (now with bf of 3 years though) I have been tempted many times to send such a message to flakers, but it's really a waste of energy to scold and I'd rather have my dignity than appear bitter. Just thank the Universe for removing someone who wasn't meant for you, and move on.

Old 08-05-2013, 10:34 AM

10,214 posts, read 17,881,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAdventurer View Post
Sounds like he's trying to subtly trying to drop the issue. Long distance is stupid anyway.
I guess my marriage is "stupid" then because my husband and I were long distance at one point before we were married.

Old 08-05-2013, 12:37 PM

7,855 posts, read 10,291,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Most people are not going to care if a relative stranger "scolds" them, in fact it probably reinforced her relief in not seeing you any longer. As a veteran online dater (now with bf of 3 years though) I have been tempted many times to send such a message to flakers, but it's really a waste of energy to scold and I'd rather have my dignity than appear bitter. Just thank the Universe for removing someone who wasn't meant for you, and move on.

you could look at it that way but I see that as confirmation bias , girl acts obnoxious , cancels in a sneaky way and when I appear unimpressed , she convinces herself that im the one who was a bullet to be dodged

Old 08-05-2013, 01:28 PM

50,799 posts, read 36,501,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_bob View Post
you could look at it that way but I see that as confirmation bias , girl acts obnoxious , cancels in a sneaky way and when I appear unimpressed , she convinces herself that im the one who was a bullet to be dodged
You shouldn't even be this invested in a girl after one date to be upset about it. This is dating, you need a thick skin. No one owes you anything after one date. I think you are only hurting yourself if you assume she deceived you, etc (it's possible she did think at the time she wanted to see you again, then next morning felt differently). I say you are hurting yourself because any bitterness you carry is going to seep into your future encounters. I DO understand, like I said I did OLD a long time...but I learned to have a better attitude and learned to enjoy the ride, including the ups and downs. I would tell myself with each date that didn't work out, that I was now one closer to the one I'm meant for. When I was able to adopt that attitude and starting enjoying it rather then being overly attached to the outcome of every date, the quality of my dates actually went up, and that is when I met my honey.

Old 08-05-2013, 01:32 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times
Move on already and quit waiting for the text to arrive. If he is interested he will contact you. Life does actually happen and no one is required to text you back if they are busy or otherwise not interested.

Besides text is NOT the way to make plans, use the danged "telephone" part of that cell phone and speak to each other with your voices so you can actually hear what is being said, tone of voice, pauses, etc.
Cripes, learn how to actually communicate with your voice and not just your fingers.

Old 08-05-2013, 01:42 PM

7,841 posts, read 13,237,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rere900 View Post
Met this guy while on vacation with some friends. We hit it off pretty hard for the days we were there (kissing, but no sex). We exchanged numbers before leaving to go back home. We both live in different states on the east cost.

After getting back home we communicated pretty regularly, mostly texting. We both expressed how we really liked each other, missed each other, etc., etc.. One night I asked him if he would be willing to me me at a halfway point for a weekend in September since I was going to be in that area anyway to visit some family. I would drive and he was planning on flying. He said Yes and asked me for the dates and he would check tickets. Several days later he said he checked tickets and he would come on "this day" leave on "that day" and would let me know the details when he purchased the tickets.

Maybe I was being a little annoying but the the next day I text him asking, "when do you think you will buy them?" He never respond. Silly me the next day, I text him again and asked if he got my previous text. Still no response. Just weird, so I don't know if I should just let it go altogether, or maybe wait a few weeks and see if he contacts me, or should I try to contact him again??

I think you scared him off--maybe you came off a bit clingy? You were willing to spend a weekend with him after just meeting him and imo, I think he felt pressured with your text asking him when was he going to buy the tickets. Then you followed up with "did you get my text"?

If he doesn't contact you then I would just leave it alone and move on.

Last edited by bellakin123; 08-05-2013 at 01:56 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships