Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2013, 03:01 PM

103 posts, read 366,376 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
You shouldn't even be this invested in a girl after one date to be upset about it. This is dating, you need a thick skin. No one owes you anything after one date. I think you are only hurting yourself if you assume she deceived you, etc (it's possible she did think at the time she wanted to see you again, then next morning felt differently). I say you are hurting yourself because any bitterness you carry is going to seep into your future encounters. I DO understand, like I said I did OLD a long time...but I learned to have a better attitude and learned to enjoy the ride, including the ups and downs. I would tell myself with each date that didn't work out, that I was now one closer to the one I'm meant for. When I was able to adopt that attitude and starting enjoying it rather then being overly attached to the outcome of every date, the quality of my dates actually went up, and that is when I met my honey.

Well said. I think dating is something you definitely have to approach with this attitude.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2013, 03:05 PM

103 posts, read 366,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rere900 View Post
Yeah, so I will just let it go for now. If he does decide to contact me, then I'm not sure how I'll respond. It was fun while it lasted though.
If he contacts you, which I have a feeling he will now that you have ceased contact with him. I would just be cordial with him. I would not bring up dating or anything romantic. Just be casual and keep it friendly. You never know what the future will bring. Life is strange like that. However, I wouldn't sit around waiting for him to contact me either. If he wants to see you let him make plans and please let him come to you.

Old 08-05-2013, 03:10 PM

4,828 posts, read 4,285,338 times
Going in, the idea of doing something sounds great. Once the rubber meets the road, it doesn't sound so great. Dating in a lot of ways is the same thing. People fade away for many reasons. You just have to learn to take the good with the bad and realize that you didn't have to waste your time, money, and effort on that person.

I don't even think the text messages you sent him were all that clingy either. You are taking time out of your schedule to accomodate someone else. You're also traveling, so you want to get an idea if you're going to see this person, so you can leave time available to hang out with them. I see that as being perfectly normal and not clingy at all. Also, in a weeks time you texted twice and called once. That's not even clingy to me either. Clingy is more like relentlessly texting and calling for days on end. If they don't respond after the first day then leave it alone and let them come to you. Just be prepared that most of the time they are likely not going to come to you.

Old 08-05-2013, 03:30 PM

7,855 posts, read 10,291,736 times
Quote:
You shouldn't even be this invested in a girl after one date to be upset about it. This is dating, you need a thick skin. No one owes you anything after one date. I think you are only hurting yourself if you assume she deceived you, etc (it's possible she did think at the time she wanted to see you again, then next morning felt differently). I say you are hurting yourself because any bitterness you carry is going to seep into your future encounters. I DO understand, like I said I did OLD a long time...but I learned to have a better attitude and learned to enjoy the ride, including the ups and downs. I would tell myself with each date that didn't work out, that I was now one closer to the one I'm meant for. When I was able to adopt that attitude and starting enjoying it rather then being overly attached to the outcome of every date, the quality of my dates actually went up, and that is when I met my honey.

girl says she wants another date , then renagues and im the one with a bad attitude

Old 08-05-2013, 04:08 PM

50,795 posts, read 36,501,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_bob View Post
girl says she wants another date , then renagues and im the one with a bad attitude
I didn't mean "bad attitude" in that way, I meant in a way that is going to keep you from getting what you want, or at least keep you from enjoying the process. Maybe looking at it with a better perspective is a better term than getting a better 'attitude', which ever word works. It doesn't matter if she is wrong or right or you are, what matters is some people are going to flake on you regardless of what you do, and if you are going to take it so personally and give it so much head space, you are going to sabotage your own happiness.

Old 08-05-2013, 04:55 PM

7,855 posts, read 10,291,736 times
Quote:
I didn't mean "bad attitude" in that way, I meant in a way that is going to keep you from getting what you want, or at least keep you from enjoying the process. Maybe looking at it with a better perspective is a better term than getting a better 'attitude', which ever word works. It doesn't matter if she is wrong or right or you are, what matters is some people are going to flake on you regardless of what you do, and if you are going to take it so personally and give it so much head space, you are going to sabotage your own happiness.

appreciate your advice , il give her a chance to apologise in the coming days , if she cant even do that , il send her an email telling her shes a flake and im better without her

Old 08-05-2013, 06:05 PM

50,795 posts, read 36,501,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_bob View Post
appreciate your advice , il give her a chance to apologise in the coming days , if she cant even do that , il send her an email telling her shes a flake and im better without her
Why does she owe you an apology? Anyone has the right to change their mind about a date, without explanation or apology. Your letter will not make you feel better, it'll only make you look desperate and she will say to herself "thank God I cancelled with this guy". I know you don't see it, but your expectations for this girl are way out of proportion for a first meet IMO. She cancelled ahead of time, it's not like she stood you up. IMO that is ALL she owed you.

Old 08-05-2013, 07:24 PM

236 posts, read 556,285 times
He may be afraid to contact me now, because he may think I will be upset with him which I won't be. I probably would not even bring up the ignored text. I may give in one more try in another week or so, haha.

It's just weird, because the last we talked he said "I can't wait to see you" and he would email me when he purchased the tix. After that it was NOTHING. And he has always replied to me instantly, it's not like his not responding is consistent or anything, just all of a sudden.

Sometimes men do stupid things in the moment and then later figure out they they made a mistake or should have acted differently and are scared to confront the issue or apologize.

Old 08-05-2013, 07:29 PM

3,047 posts, read 9,034,911 times
It's time to step it up a notch. Some guys, like me, will get bored with texting. They get excited about a new girl and fantasize about sleeping with her. But if time goes by and there's no action, on to the next one! If you really like him, ask his if he'd like to get a coffee.

Old 08-05-2013, 07:38 PM

236 posts, read 556,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by At1WithNature View Post
It's time to step it up a notch. Some guys, like me, will get bored with texting. They get excited about a new girl and fantasize about sleeping with her. But if time goes by and there's no action, on to the next one! If you really like him, ask his if he'd like to get a coffee.
We live in two different states, lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships