Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2013, 12:36 PM

213 posts, read 504,186 times

Advertisements

If there ever was an instance where a woman I was attracted to was also attracted to me (which will probably never happen), I don't think I could contain my excitement. I wouldn't be able to sleep because that's all that would be on my mind. And if I ever went out with her, I would be the typical protective, insecure boyfriend.

I'm not trolling. This is actually how everything would play out. I've already had a few instances where I thought an attractive girl was into me, and before the disappointing moment when I realized she just liked me as a friend, I was in a ridiculously hopeful state of mind where my daily happiness depended on whether she texted me. I basically considered her my imaginary girlfriend.

Man, I wish I was a handsome guy with a lot of options. It would be so much easier to be serene and seemingly uncaring around women I liked, since I'd know that I can always find another attractive one.

Any other guys feel the same way?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2013, 12:48 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,591,973 times
That happens sometimes even if you're handsome and all that. With experience you can dial that sort of behavior out, (which is a very good idea since women hate it), but it never totally goes away. But why would you want it to? The thrill of meeting someone who excites you is one of life's true pleasures

Old 08-04-2013, 12:55 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,996,352 times
Eh, I don't know how I'd react if I found a woman who was interested in me in this place. Not having any success with women of any kind in the past few years has pretty much made me ignore women almost all together.

Old 08-04-2013, 04:07 PM

105 posts, read 283,961 times
I'm female and I can relate. When I meet a man I like I get really excited when he texts or calls. If I think it's him, but its not I'm somewhat disappointed.

I can act normal around him and fake the cool, but I admit that I daydream a lot that we are a couple or when the right time to make it official might be and get giddy like "OMG I might FINALLY have a BOYFRIEND!". I get anxious to put him on lock. But again, this is something I'll never let him know.

Old 08-04-2013, 05:33 PM

530 posts, read 1,130,926 times
I am a woman and feel this way. All the guys I don't like like me and the few guys I like well don't like me???

I too would be so excited if a guy I was initially head over heels with also liked me

Old 08-04-2013, 05:49 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,893,510 times
Women hate desperation. When I did online several men were desperate and I stopped talking to them.

Old 08-04-2013, 05:54 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,134,528 times
Often times when we are alone not by choice, our body language aside from emotions can give us away. We can also rush into something with someone we know is not right for us, By attempting to overlook certain things that we previously would not desire in a partner. I think most people, myself included have done this at one time or another. It is also frustrating as some other posters said above when the people we are most interested in do not give us the time of day but the one's we do not seek are presented to us outright. Dating can be a difficult endeavor indeed.

Old 08-04-2013, 05:58 PM

727 posts, read 1,533,660 times
My problem isn't so much desperation, but insecurity. I will go out with someone, and I will feel on edge until I get that next conversation. After that I will be on edge until the next conversation and until I get confirmation that she is my girlfriend.

Old 08-04-2013, 06:02 PM

52,267 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
Often times when we are alone not by choice, our body language aside from emotions can give us away. We can also rush into something with someone we know is not right for us, By attempting to overlook certain things that we previously would not desire in a partner. I think most people, myself included have done this at one time or another. It is also frustrating as some other posters said above when the people we are most interested in do not give us the time of day but the one's we do not seek are presented to us outright. Dating can be a difficult endeavor indeed.
Yeah, I've been in a LTR for a long time now, and to be honest, I wonder what I would do if it were to end, not sure I'd be in a hurry to get into another one.... I don't know..... I like being coupled up, I do think be single is overrated, but IDK.....

It terms of being desperate, I'm not sure what to offer up to the OP.... Just don't do it.... LOL.....

Old 08-04-2013, 09:30 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
This is not rocket science...

Your problem is NOT that you can't find a girl to date

Your problem is that you are desperate.

Deal with THAT (preferably with the help of a professional if you want to save yourself some time) and THEN you will be in the right place mentally/emotionally to actually attract potential mates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships