Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2013, 10:34 PM

4,463 posts, read 6,229,875 times

Advertisements

Yea that's true, its just depressing to think of living like a pauper till you run out of time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2013, 12:00 AM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
You mean the first post where he told her straight out he wanted a divorce? What other reasons than the kids made him delay this decision/ they haven't resumed having sex. They haven't stopped hatging each other. They haven't been to counseling. What other possible reason can she think he delayed this decision for?
He led her to believe that if she worked on some issues, the marriage could be saved. So she's made some changes, and she thinks things are improving, according to one of the OP's posts.

Old 08-20-2013, 06:01 AM

706 posts, read 1,205,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
He led her to believe that if she worked on some issues, the marriage could be saved. So she's made some changes, and she thinks things are improving, according to one of the OP's posts.
This is sort of correct. She hates him too, however she's ok with not having sex ever again and thinks that this is how they're going to live their lives. Unhappily married. He's ok with not having sex again with her because he can't stand her.

He on the other hand doesn't want to live this way. At the time when he said he wanted a divorce, he said he would move out and still pay for the mortgage on the house and all the debt crap. He just said she needs a job to pay for bills and groceries; he didn't care what it cost him. He wanted out. When I think about it he was willing to pay out to get out but like I said she cried, he caved and now is "waiting it out."

Old 08-20-2013, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat247 View Post
This is sort of correct. She hates him too, however she's ok with not having sex ever again and thinks that this is how they're going to live their lives. Unhappily married. He's ok with not having sex again with her because he can't stand her.

He on the other hand doesn't want to live this way. At the time when he said he wanted a divorce, he said he would move out and still pay for the mortgage on the house and all the debt crap. He just said she needs a job to pay for bills and groceries; he didn't care what it cost him. He wanted out. When I think about it he was willing to pay out to get out but like I said she cried, he caved and now is "waiting it out."
So, do you have any insight on how the marriage got to this state? Why do they hate each other? Were they just incompatible from the start, or did something happen to provoke this train wreck?

Old 08-20-2013, 07:47 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,223,977 times
Quote:
Maybe she is that naive. I have a hard time believing that she thinks things are improving. What exactly has improved? They still aren't having sex. I highly doubt he can suppress what seems to be deep seated anger and resentment, and act like a lovey dovey hubby.

Five years is a long time. Maybe he'll get used to the situation and just stay with her after all. Besides, how do we know she isn't putting on her own act and quietly preparing to leave him in 5 years?

Old 08-20-2013, 09:53 AM

Quote:
So, do you have any insight on how the marriage got to this state? Why do they hate each other? Were they just incompatible from the start, or did something happen to provoke this train wreck?
They were in their 30s and wanted to get married and have kids. I would say they are totally incompatible. She's very emotional and he's not. He's a bully, always has been. She gained weight after having babies and he wasn't very supportive. However, she could give a crap about his feelings as well. It's two people always crying what about me and why me.

Old 08-20-2013, 11:13 AM

Quote:
They were in their 30s and wanted to get married and have kids. I would say they are totally incompatible. She's very emotional and he's not. He's a bully, always has been. She gained weight after having babies and he wasn't very supportive. However, she could give a crap about his feelings as well. It's two people always crying what about me and why me.
So they didn't look before they leapt into marriage? They kind of rushed into it? I don't know how you marry a bully, unless you ignore red flags and rush into it.

Old 08-20-2013, 12:44 PM

4,463 posts, read 6,229,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
You truly don't have a clue what you're talking about...........

If you want to spout off about how great other countries are in terms of how it treats it professional people stop using Europe as you're go to set of countries.... you might be more accurate if you referenced South America or eastern Europe... but stop with the Germany references or Sweden... they kill professional people there... no one with a brain in their skulls wants to go there... they pay through the nose.. all of the crap you're trying to avoid and yet you are parroting nonsense that you've heard... if you're gonna parrot crap.. at least get it right......
so how does a country stay solvent when they demotivate their most productive members?

Old 08-28-2013, 09:46 AM

A little update.

I was out with my friend "the wife" and my BFF " friend to the Husband." We were all talking about men as usually and the topic came up about her marriage (the wife) and she stated that is has been about 3 & 1/2 years since they have had sex. She had mentioned that she has asked him if he's like to have sex and he says to her that she doesn't do anything to turn him on. She agreed and said that he doesn't turn her on either so they have given up.

I ask her, "so is this how it's going to be between you two, forever and ever Amen?" She said, "well yeah because neither of us want sex so we're just going to live this way the rest of out lives."

Later in the evening my BFF and I dropped her off at home and my BFF had said that her H is dumping her after 5 years. He will not stay with her, he hates her and wants to have sex again. I told my BFF that she needs to talk to the H and tell him that he's going to blind side her. She's said she's not touching it with a 10 FT pole. So, we're leaving it alone as I'm not even supposed to know this info.

I think the wife is crazy in that she thinks this is how life will be and him accept it.

SMH

Old 08-28-2013, 01:18 PM

7,685 posts, read 6,197,456 times
Quote:
A little update.

I was out with my friend "the wife" and my BFF " friend to the Husband." We were all talking about men as usually and the topic came up about her marriage (the wife) and she stated that is has been about 3 & 1/2 years since they have had sex. She had mentioned that she has asked him if he's like to have sex and he says to her that she doesn't do anything to turn him on. She agreed and said that he doesn't turn her on either so they have given up.

I ask her, "so is this how it's going to be between you two, forever and ever Amen?" She said, "well yeah because neither of us want sex so we're just going to live this way the rest of out lives."

Later in the evening my BFF and I dropped her off at home and my BFF had said that her H is dumping her after 5 years. He will not stay with her, he hates her and wants to have sex again. I told my BFF that she needs to talk to the H and tell him that he's going to blind side her. She's said she's not touching it with a 10 FT pole. So, we're leaving it alone as I'm not even supposed to know this info.

I think the wife is crazy in that she thinks this is how life will be and him accept it.

SMH
Yep and imo it's good at this point to stay out of it and have the popcorn ready when the action happens in about 5 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships