Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2013, 08:31 PM

302 posts, read 303,390 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlguy39 View Post
You obviously know nothing about this city. The demographics are very unfavorable for the single, middle- aged male. Its a family oriented city (great if I was married like I want to be) with very few singles that meet my basic criteria (30-40, no kids, want kids). Yes, they need to be what I would define as attractive (in shape, good complexion, and preferably brunette) and educated. But even with that, it shouldn't be this hard. Trust me, it is.
I know OKC very well, actually. I lived there for 4 years out of college working for Continental Resources. I know that town and I actually very much like that town. And I can't, for the life of me, figure out how you could think there's a shortage of available women there. In fact I'm baffled. Single women are an abundance in OKC. I think the problem is that you're simply not willing to climb out of your hole and meet them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2013, 08:51 PM

5,353 posts, read 5,791,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cashrulez View Post
I know OKC very well, actually. I lived there for 4 years out of college working for Continental Resources. I know that town and I actually very much like that town. And I can't, for the life of me, figure out how you could think there's a shortage of available women there. In fact I'm baffled. Single women are an abundance in OKC. I think the problem is that you're simply not willing to climb out of your hole and meet them.
If by crawl out of my hole you mean go to bars, not really willing to do that by myself. However, I've done meetups, joined a gym, gone to church, hung out with co-workers, online dating, etc. I can say this place sucks for dating. Now maybe you think its great for people in their early 20's, but I'm in my forties, so...

Old 08-18-2013, 09:04 PM

Quote:
If by crawl out of my hole you mean go to bars, not really willing to do that by myself. However, I've done meetups, joined a gym, gone to church, hung out with co-workers, online dating, etc. I can say this place sucks for dating. Now maybe you think its great for people in their early 20's, but I'm in my forties, so...
It doesn't matter what age you are. Single is single. Either you're looking for someone or you're not. You should be thanking the Lord you aren't in your 20s. Because women don't want that anymore. 20-something men are idiots. They're stupid, they're cocky, they're aimless, they're insecure, they can't hold their booze, they don't know the first thing about talking to a lady. Women want a man who knows who he is, is confident, intelligent, caring, strong, funny, interesting, experienced. And if you're in your 40s that should be you. So step out like you own it. You're competing against a bunch of drunk, moronic 25 year olds. You've got the heavy advantage.

Old 08-18-2013, 09:08 PM

Quote:
It doesn't matter what age you are. Single is single. Either you're looking for someone or you're not. You should be thanking the Lord you aren't in your 20s. Because women don't want that anymore. 20-something men are idiots. They're stupid, they're cocky, they're aimless, they're insecure, they can't hold their booze, they don't know the first thing about talking to a lady. Women want a man who knows who he is, is confident, intelligent, caring, strong, funny, interesting, experienced. And if you're in your 40s that should be you. So step out like you own it. You're competing against a bunch of drunk, moronic 25 year olds. You've got the heavy advantage.
Haha! Yeah, you're right. My big issue is the confidence piece. Thats something that took a major hit the last few years. Not worth getting into here. Anyway, I have all the other things you mentioned and a great job on top of it. But being an introvert is a bit of an issue in bars, which is why I don't really do it.

Old 08-18-2013, 09:09 PM

1,751 posts, read 3,688,178 times
I gathered my courage and moved from a small economically depressed area to a much larger community area with a better economy and much more educated population.

The dating here is MUCH better.

It's a shame to see a 40 something man clinging to the notion that he doesn't want to step parent. Why would you close your heart to love? Fear?

Old 08-18-2013, 09:10 PM

348 posts, read 498,273 times
Quote:
Women in their 30-40 who are single will likely have kids (no all). When they're in their 20s they'll probably be looking for men in their 20s not 40s

You can have all you ask in a woman, but she might be a single mom. Maybe that's what he means by crawling out of your hole. If you want to find someone so badly; I'm sure there's lovely date able women who happen to be single moms.

Kind of opens up a new playing field for you, and yes some of them may want more kids.

If that's an absolute no, then fine, you want what you want, but miss perfect may never come around.

Old 08-18-2013, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by willow bear View Post
Women in their 30-40 who are single will likely have kids (no all). When they're in their 20s they'll probably be looking for men in their 20s not 40s

You can have all you ask in a woman, but she might be a single mom. Maybe that's what he means by crawling out of your hole. If you want to find someone so badly; I'm sure there's lovely date able women who happen to be single moms.

Kind of opens up a new playing field for you, and yes some of them may want more kids.

If that's an absolute no, then fine, you want what you want, but miss perfect may never come around.
What alternate universe do you people live in? There's are millions upon millions of single women in their 30s who don't have kids. All you have to do is step outside, walk around for awhile and you'll see that. Am I the only one in this thread who actually gets out there and meets people? Seems like it.

Old 08-18-2013, 09:28 PM

11,865 posts, read 16,998,989 times
Quote:
What alternate universe do you people live in? There's are millions upon millions of single women in their 30s who don't have kids. All you have to do is step outside, walk around for awhile and you'll see that. Am I the only one in this thread who actually gets out there and meets people? Seems like it.
It's true. I'm one of them and I have similar friends.

Old 08-18-2013, 09:31 PM

Quote:
I really don't know how you think there's so many of those women in OKC. There isn't. The culture here is get married at 22 and have kids. Its terrible.

Willow, I will date a woman with one kid if she's open to another. I don't want to be a Step Dad to 2 kids though. Even this is new for me. So I did make that shift when I moved here because I have absolutely no choice unless I can meet a woman in Dallas (a 3 hour drive).

Old 08-18-2013, 09:36 PM

348 posts, read 498,273 times
Quote:
I agree but however some people claim that those women don't exist (or at least for them). If that's the case then change the criteria.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships