Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2013, 09:24 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,264,326 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
So you want to be a housewife?

Not a SAHM?

What exactly do you plan to do with your time if your children are grown and raised?
Allow me to translate...

"I am tired of working and want to find a man to support me. In exchange, I'll do chores and cook."

Ummm. Good luck with that, OP. Maids plus a cook are cheaper than footing the bill for an older woman.

Old 08-19-2013, 09:24 AM

3,549 posts, read 5,377,654 times
Most millionaires will say having a supportive spouse is one of the biggest contributors to their success.

My gf is not a spender and supports me. Once I am debt free I have a lot of real estate plans in the works. I will continue working full time and doing that on the side. With her not working she will be able to help get all of that going while I am busy with my full time job.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Old 08-19-2013, 09:25 AM

11,157 posts, read 14,006,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camlon View Post
First off, thats the average for infants, not for pre-schoolers where the average is $8,800 a year. Also, this is the average, not the median. The average is bumped up by some really expensive ones.

So if you don't live in one of the expensive states you should be able to find decent daycare for $7K. Maybe the problem is that you don't know how to find cheap options.

If it is due to the economy, then they will eventually get better salaries.

Of course there is exceptions, but if we are going to talk about exceptions then we can just as well talk about the unemployed.
Either quote your sources or stop posting figures. I gave you a source for the figures I shared. Share a source or you're making it up.

Old 08-19-2013, 09:27 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,171,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spirit led View Post
I am unhappily married with children. I have been a stay at home mom/ housewife most of our marriage aside from the past 6 years of running a business with my husband. We have been to 2 different marriage counselors in the last year to no avail.
I want a divorce but would like to resume being a housewife. Are there any men interested in a stay at home wife? (that would treat her well and not as their property?)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sagebunny View Post
Unfortunately, no. My mom passed away 2 yrs ago, and I just have one sister I am in touch with. We run our business at our property and thus don't see many other people.

But thank you for your thoughts. I am on and off the computer which is why I can't respond regularly.

As for my children, they are nearly fully grown, oldest will go to college next year. I am not looking for someone to raise my children, they are already raised (& well at that). People just assumed I had young children, even though I hadn't mentioned their ages.
Wait - which one is the OP?

Old 08-19-2013, 09:28 AM

4,698 posts, read 4,075,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
Either quote your sources or stop posting figures. I gave you a source for the figures I shared. Share a source or you're making it up.
Sure, way less than 7K.
Allstars Daycare & Preschool, Houston - prices, hours, and ratings | Centzy

Old 08-19-2013, 09:31 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,171,795 times
Quote:
Well, I'll just take a plane down to Texas to drop my son off at daycare! Problem solved!

Old 08-19-2013, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Well, I'll just take a plane down to Texas to drop my son off at daycare! Problem solved!
Well, you live in New York, which is one of the most expensive states. But Texas is not even the cheapest state. The average in Mississippi is $4.5K per year.

Old 08-19-2013, 09:39 AM

1,503 posts, read 1,856,822 times
Quote:
You don't have to get the best of the best, you know?
Not at all. I'll just stroll down the street and offer a bum $2/hr to watch my kids.

Old 08-19-2013, 09:41 AM

1,503 posts, read 1,856,822 times
Quote:
First off, thats the average for infants, not for pre-schoolers where the average is $8,800 a year. Also, this is the average, not the median. The average is bumped up by some really expensive ones.

So if you don't live in one of the expensive states you should be able to find decent daycare for $7K. Maybe the problem is that you don't know how to find cheap options.

If it is due to the economy, then they will eventually get better salaries.

Of course there is exceptions, but if we are going to talk about exceptions then we can just as well talk about the unemployed.
You can only take the childcare deduction for tax purposes if the provider is licensed - that's another consideration. The lack of tax savings may override the lower cost provider.

Old 08-19-2013, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrueRulz View Post
Not at all. I'll just stroll down the street and offer a bum $2/hr to watch my kids.

You know there is somewhere in between the best of the best and the worst of the worst?

In my view getting those professional expensive nannies are a waste of money. There are plenty of people who will do a good job, but won't charge $20 an hour.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships