Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2013, 10:48 PM

219 posts, read 566,715 times

Advertisements

I met a girl a month or so a go at a bar, she was with her boyfriend at the time. Last week we started chatting on Facebook, and turns out they broke up because he was an *******. Later that week we got a drink after work together, flirted a bit, conversation got sexual, and kissed on the cheek.

Tonight we hung out again, and she said she really likes me, but just got out of a relationship and wants to get her life in order before we hang out more than friends. I said, "that's cool, i'll respect that. but i dig you, just so you know." And she replied, "that is exactly what I wanted to hear, thank you. i like you too."

We hung out and she touched me a few times, and laughed, let me kiss her on the cheek again. She made a joke about us having kids, too.

My question is two fold:

1) How should I play this? Keep hanging out with her, and let her sort herself out, but be respectful?

2) Why does she always try to justify herself to me? She might have 2 or 3 drinks and say, "hey just so you know I'm not a drunk" or "I'm not sloppy." Or, "I just have to text me friend, please don't think I'm being rude, okay?" etc. ALWAYS justifying herself to me. Thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2013, 10:54 PM

85 posts, read 97,498 times
The justifying probably comes from her routine that she got into with her ex. He was probably always making her explain herself. The "im not sloppy" is just coming from her worrying about how she looks in front of you because she actually cares what you think.

1) If you want her, don't stick around and be a rebound. Let her know that you aren't waiting for her and that if she wants you, its not going to be on her own time.

Regardless of how you view it, you are a rebound as we speak. She needs the reassurance that shes pretty and worth something, and you are a feeding ground.

Distance and time dude.

Last edited by Figuremeout; 08-28-2013 at 11:10 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 08-28-2013, 10:57 PM

1,484 posts, read 2,259,830 times
Yeah I'd probably not always be available. I agree with distance and time - to keep from being a rebound, maybe stay out of the friend zone.

Old 08-28-2013, 11:00 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,740,695 times
What happened to your cougar?

Old 08-28-2013, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figuremeout View Post
The justifying probably comes from her routine that she got into with her ex. He was probably always making her explain herself. The "im not sloppy" is just coming from her worrying about how she looks in front of you because she actually cares what you think.

1) If you want her, don't stick around and be a rebound. Let her know that you aren't waiting for her and that if she wants you, its not going to be on her own time.

Regardless of how you view it, you are a rebound as we speak. She needs to reassurance that shes pretty and worth something, and you are a feeding ground.

Distance and time dude.
thanks!

Old 08-28-2013, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
What happened to your cougar?
she started getting feelings for me, and said that we can't be intimate anymore, because she doesn't want those feelings to grow any more than they already are, because our age difference.

Old 08-28-2013, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR2012 View Post
Yeah I'd probably not always be available. I agree with distance and time - to keep from being a rebound, maybe stay out of the friend zone.
thank you.

Old 08-29-2013, 05:33 AM

16,489 posts, read 24,487,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestGuy1 View Post
I met a girl a month or so a go at a bar, she was with her boyfriend at the time. Last week we started chatting on Facebook, and turns out they broke up because he was an *******. Later that week we got a drink after work together, flirted a bit, conversation got sexual, and kissed on the cheek.

Tonight we hung out again, and she said she really likes me, but just got out of a relationship and wants to get her life in order before we hang out more than friends. I said, "that's cool, i'll respect that. but i dig you, just so you know." And she replied, "that is exactly what I wanted to hear, thank you. i like you too."

We hung out and she touched me a few times, and laughed, let me kiss her on the cheek again. She made a joke about us having kids, too.

My question is two fold:

1) How should I play this? Keep hanging out with her, and let her sort herself out, but be respectful?

2) Why does she always try to justify herself to me? She might have 2 or 3 drinks and say, "hey just so you know I'm not a drunk" or "I'm not sloppy." Or, "I just have to text me friend, please don't think I'm being rude, okay?" etc. ALWAYS justifying herself to me. Thoughts?
It sounds like she is kind of insecure and maybe that is why she explains herself a lot.

I would do number 1) Keep hanging out with her, and let her sort herself out, but be respectful? Do this for sure. Only she will know when she is ready enough to start dating and getting serious about someone again. Be patient and respectful.

Old 08-29-2013, 06:07 AM

1,976 posts, read 2,354,246 times
Keep other irons in the fire.

Old 08-29-2013, 08:13 AM

Is one of the reasons she may justify herself around me, because she likes me and wants me to think highly of her, or am I reading into it too much?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships