Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2013, 08:34 AM

4,868 posts, read 8,413,475 times

Advertisements

on how the dynamic of a relationship will turn out? or is it really a case of "if he likes you, then when you do it, doesn't matter"?

Just curious. I know the 1st date sex question has come up a lot on here, but what about not having sex on the first date...but maybe the 2nd/3rd?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2013, 08:43 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,720,278 times
The secret is ... there is no secret. Sex messes with some people's heads. Others not so much if at all.

Old 09-04-2013, 08:44 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,764,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
on how the dynamic of a relationship will turn out? or is it really a case of "if he likes you, then when you do it, doesn't matter"?

Just curious. I know the 1st date sex question has come up a lot on here, but what about not having sex on the first date...but maybe the 2nd/3rd?

SOMETIMES having sex too early is a mistake.

SOMETIMES two people are so attracted to one another that it will only enhance the newfound relationship.

But in general, I think having sex before you've really taken the time to get to know someone is pretty risky.

Now, some take the risk and it pays off just fine.

Others take the risk and get burned if they were hoping for a real relationship to develop.

People need to learn how to trust their gut instincts, to fine tune them, so that they can make the best choices for themselves when it comes to trusting others.

Old 09-04-2013, 08:45 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,354,326 times
I can wait until the 2nd, maybe 3rd date.

Old 09-04-2013, 08:46 AM

4,868 posts, read 8,413,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
SOMETIMES having sex too early is a mistake.

SOMETIMES two people are so attracted to one another that it will only enhance the newfound relationship.

But in general, I think having sex before you've really taken the time to get to know someone is pretty risky.

Now, some take the risk and it pays off just fine.

Others take the risk and get burned if they were hoping for a real relationship to develop.

People need to learn how to trust their gut instincts, to fine tune them, so that they can make the best choices for themselves when it comes to trusting others.
Makes sense. that's pretty much how I see it. Was curious how others see it.

Old 09-04-2013, 08:47 AM

156 posts, read 260,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post

I think what matters more is what happens later on in the relationship.

Old 09-04-2013, 08:47 AM

5,121 posts, read 6,807,257 times
I think the problem with sex isn't in relationship that would have worked anyway, the problem happens when it muddles things in a relationship that never would have worked. There are hormones released during sex that helps you to bond with a person. The sex early on can overwhelm good decision making that might lead you to not stay in a bad relationship. That bonding from sex can feel like love when it isn't.

This is a pretty interesting article with information on the pros and cons of sex and timing. Delaying Sex Makes Better Relationships, Study Finds | LiveScience

Old 09-04-2013, 08:52 AM

2,758 posts, read 4,961,264 times
Again....
Timing of Sex has no bearing IMO, and from what I have heard from friends.
If a guy was going to dump you anyway, or if all he wanted was sex in the first place, then he was going to dump you anyway.
Sex is just something two people do. And many people do it pretending to want a relationship, when they really don't.

However, I wouldn't recommend sleeping with a guy on a first date unless you as a woman have a lot to offer a guy. But, if the guy reeeeeeaaaaallly likes you, sex on first date isnt a dealbreaker, but you better be awesome enough for him to want to stick around.

Old 09-04-2013, 08:54 AM

9,659 posts, read 10,233,105 times
A terrible case scenario is that a pregnancy occurs due to an incompatible couple having sex. A worst case scenario is the spread of a deadly disease.

Old 09-04-2013, 08:55 AM

7,934 posts, read 8,597,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
I think the problem with sex isn't in relationship that would have worked anyway, the problem happens when it muddles things in a relationship that never would have worked. There are hormones released during sex that helps you to bond with a person. The sex early on can overwhelm good decision making that might lead you to not stay in a bad relationship. That bonding from sex can feel like love when it isn't.

This is a pretty interesting article with information on the pros and cons of sex and timing. Delaying Sex Makes Better Relationships, Study Finds | LiveScience
None of this applies to men. It's not a poker game with us like it is with women. From a men's perspective, if she want's to shag = likes me in the "right way" and is attracted to me. No sex within the first 3 dates = probably wasting your time/playing games/not worth it anyway = dump!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships