Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2013, 12:25 PM

43 posts, read 36,473 times

Advertisements

I've known this girl at university for 3 years. She's a good colleague but we were never friends. We've done assignments together and she's very helpful. We started studying together twice a week after classes.

However, she doesn't really study much, she spends a lot of time just looking at me and I catch her with a funny smile when I act like that exercise is the most important thing in the world. Still, whenever I have doubts, she helps.

We were at the library once and I had to go to the toilet. My pullover was on the back of the chair. When I came back, she was smelling it discreetly but she didn't realise I saw it. I freaked out and found an excuse to go home earlier.

The truth is, she's very good when you ask for help and she's really good company. She's drop dead gorgeous, perfect skin and eyes, very elegant and trendy. There's no way she doesn't have a boyfriend even though she has said she doesn't and all our common friends confirm it.

How do I manage to keep business as usual between us?

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2013, 12:30 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,875,261 times
Hahaha she smelled your pullover? She thinks you smell nice. Maybe wondering what you wear? She might not have a guy? Did you ask?

Old 09-15-2013, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Did you ask?
I never ask such personal questions. If people tell me, that's okay but I never ask them. Even if she said no, I would be very suspicious since she's so beautiful.

Old 09-15-2013, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJohn View Post
I never ask such personal questions. If people tell me, that's okay but I never ask them. Even if she said no, I would be very suspicious since she's so beautiful.
C'mon she smelled your pullover.....who does that?

Old 09-15-2013, 12:38 PM

Quote:
C'mon she smelled your pullover.....who does that?
Hmm I don't think I understand you. Yes, she smelled it...what do you mean?

Old 09-15-2013, 12:40 PM

10,930 posts, read 11,729,269 times
"Keep things professional"? What is the professional nature of the relationship?

Why are you unavailable?

Old 09-15-2013, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frihed89 View Post
"Keep things professional"? What is the professional nature of the relationship?
It's a way of saying keeping the distance. Call it whatever you wish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frihed89 View Post
Why are you unavailable?
I have a master's degree in civil engineering to finish.

Old 09-15-2013, 12:42 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,957,722 times
Quote:
I've known this girl at university for 3 years. She's a good colleague but we were never friends. We've done assignments together and she's very helpful. We started studying together twice a week after classes.

However, she doesn't really study much, she spends a lot of time just looking at me and I catch her with a funny smile when I act like that exercise is the most important thing in the world. Still, whenever I have doubts, she helps.

We were at the library once and I had to go to the toilet. My pullover was on the back of the chair. When I came back, she was smelling it discreetly but she didn't realise I saw it. I freaked out and found an excuse to go home earlier.

The truth is, she's very good when you ask for help and she's really good company. She's drop dead gorgeous, perfect skin and eyes, very elegant and trendy. There's no way she doesn't have a boyfriend even though she has said she doesn't and all our common friends confirm it.

How do I manage to keep business as usual between us?

Thanks.
Troll.

Old 09-15-2013, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Hmm I don't think I understand you. Yes, she smelled it...what do you mean?
Ok she thought she was in the clear, then wanted to enjoy your sexy smell....she didn't want to get caught. Then you booked it out of there. Did you make her feel that something was wrong? Don't make it awkward!!!! That's a compliment! It could be the opposite....her thinking that you stink.

Old 09-15-2013, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Ok she thought she was in the clear, then wanted to enjoy your sexy smell....she didn't want to get caught. Then you booked it out of there. Did you make her feel that something was wrong? Don't make it awkward!!!! That's a compliment! It could be the opposite....her thinking that you stink.
I'm glad she think I smell nice but she could think that without having to smell my clothes. No, I didn't say anything about this. I just said I got a call and had to return home earlier.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships