Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2010, 09:38 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,541,693 times

Advertisements

Present or past relationships, what is the sweetest thing you can recall and the most annoying?

I told an ex about how I rarely sat down to eat dinner. It had to do with how unpleasant dinner time was growing up. I never really put much thought into a dining room set, it just wasn't that important. He bought me a beautiful dining room table, came with 4 chairs but could seat 6. Mother's Day. Tho thweet.

I hate being tickled. One guy would not stop doing it, no matter how many times I told him I hated it. My exact words were, "Stop. I don't like being tickled." He'd stop, but would do it again at another time. I finally had to get really ugly with him and he acted like I was overreacting. *sigh*
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2010, 09:51 PM

5,879 posts, read 9,248,985 times
I had a free vacation that cost me little to nothing. Wow, that was great and not what I am used to. After it was all over with I got a $700 bill to pay!

Old 06-20-2010, 10:00 PM

1,517 posts, read 2,318,746 times
When my mother was ill, my bf at the time got a luxury motor coach and drove to our home. He carried her to the bedroom in the back and drove us to UAB for a second opinion. He carried her on and off and arranged everything with the hospital. That is the nicest thing that anyone has done for me.

I dated a guy one time, and then when I tried to politely decline the next time he asked he would not take no for an answer. He even came to my workplace to try to get me to reconsider. He was my stalker for a while.

Old 06-20-2010, 10:01 PM

2,163 posts, read 4,340,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
Present or past relationships, what is the sweetest thing you can recall and the most annoying?
There are a few sweet things but an ex-boyfriend left me a note one morning for me to find after he had already left for work. It said "your beautiful". It was so sweet I even forgave the spelling mistake

Most annoying - well I suppose the cheating and emotional abuse would qualify but I think you're looking for something simpler. One ex tried to change me into someone I'm not - that was annoying. If I'm not a super athlete then stop trying to get me to do all sorts of strenuous athletic things. He wasn't happy with my taste in food, my lack of hiking skills and a bunch of other stuff but instead of just ending the relationship he kept trying to turn me into his ideal image of a girlfriend.

Old 06-20-2010, 10:18 PM

751 posts, read 1,673,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
Can't think of anything annoying.

The sweetest thing was when my b/f bought me a music cd of one of my favorite female singers who I found out while tracing my ancestry that she is a cousin of mine.

Old 06-21-2010, 01:17 AM

2,383 posts, read 6,057,085 times
Sweetest thing~ I had a guy in high school, who drove to my house from his~ which was about 30 minutes one way~ to drop off flowers in the middle of the night. I woke up the next morning and found the flowers on my car with a note that said something to the effect of he was thinking about me and wanted me to know! Very sweet and we are still friends to this day!

Most annoying~ There was a guy that my "friend" tried to set me up on a blind date with and after talking to him on the phone briefly I declined the date~ just not my type. So, a few days later the "date" showed up at my house with my "friend" but I didn't know it was him because I had no clue what this guy looked like and it wasn't until I asked the guy his last name, that I figured it out!
Very annoying and stalkerish~ if that's a word! Oh, and I broke off my friendship with the party responsible for bringing that loser to my home!

Old 06-21-2010, 01:36 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,645,569 times
The sweetest thing anyone did was bake a cake for my birthday. No other girlfriend ever did that before --and only one since.

It tasted awful--but it was the thought that counted.

Old 06-21-2010, 02:13 AM

6,548 posts, read 7,276,958 times
I met this girl who I just found attractive but......she was deaf. It didn't hold me from approaching her but since I didn't know sign language. I used a notepad to write on it "Hey! Nice to meet you. My name is..." First time we met we would write to each other on pieces of paper, notepad, etc. Went to the mall one day and she bought me a sign language book to teach me how to sign. I still have that book.

My ex surprised me. She flew all the way from Japan to my country just to spend our first Valentine's Day together.

Old 06-21-2010, 06:50 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,001,245 times
He told me there was no room in his head for anyone else because it's filled with me.

Right now, since I can't seem to get it off my mind, my ex spreading stupid, petty lies about me.

Old 06-21-2010, 07:53 AM

9,230 posts, read 16,541,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvcgal View Post
Sweetest thing~ I had a guy in high school, who drove to my house from his~ which was about 30 minutes one way~ to drop off flowers in the middle of the night. I woke up the next morning and found the flowers on my car with a note that said something to the effect of he was thinking about me and wanted me to know! Very sweet and we are still friends to this day!
So sweet.

I'm going to have to change mine, as sweet as it was, because you just reminded me of this. My first love (the love of my life, to this day) used to drive 3 hours to come see me, knowing my mom might not let me out and I might not get to see him. He did this several times and never complained once. *sigh*
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships