Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2013, 03:05 PM

2,765 posts, read 3,628,703 times

Advertisements

Do you and your significant other go grocery shopping together all the time or most of the time? Those of you who do, how does that work for the two of you? Do you have a good time doing it together? do you argue a lot in the process because you can't agree on some of the products you buy or their prices or have differences of opinions about the timing or some other issue? To the ladies; does your man leave your side to go look at the car stuff or sporting goods? To the gentlemen; does your lady make you go down isles you don't want to go down to and look at stuff you don't care for or do you both reach a compromise? I know children can make going grocery shopping stressful as they become impatient so those of you with small children do you taken them with you or does your SO stays at home with them or takes them to the toys section to keep them busy? Tell me your situation. There can be a lot of anger and also a lot of humor here so let's see how it turns out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2013, 03:11 PM

11,865 posts, read 16,998,989 times
I've only ever shopped regularly with one ex. I enjoyed it. He cooked for me so he picked out the ingredients. I have fond memories of that.

Other guys, not so much. They were only present when it was a drop-in for something on the way.

Old 09-06-2013, 03:11 PM

2,386 posts, read 3,268,628 times
I've never lived with someone but I'd like to go shopping together

I have a 2 years old and going shopping with him was fine until he hit 2 lol OMG he hates shopping! I try to get it done as quick as possible however if I buy him a drink and a cookie or something he sits and eats while I browse win win situation

Old 09-06-2013, 03:21 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,335,831 times
Grocery shopping is possibly the worse thing you can do with an SO, lol

Text me when you're checking out, Ill be in the magazine section,

Old 09-06-2013, 03:23 PM

11,865 posts, read 16,998,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elained10 View Post
OMG he hates shopping! I try to get it done as quick as possible however if I buy him a drink and a cookie or something he sits and eats while I browse win win situation
I'm sure some women can say this about their boyfriends too.

Old 09-06-2013, 03:28 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,067,448 times
Sometimes we go to the store together.

I can't even imagine this being an area of contention for people.
I prefer certain products but he's just not that opinionated. As long as it's edible he's on board.

We stick together for the most part. I get the deli meat (one of those picky things) and he'll go pick out the cereal (because I don't eat it) but other than that it's all good.

We leave the kids home. They have no interest in being in the grocery store.

Old 09-06-2013, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the minx View Post
I'm sure some women can say this about their boyfriends too.
Hahaha well yeah I can imagine that

Old 09-06-2013, 03:30 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,707,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1orlando View Post
Do you and your significant other go grocery shopping together all the time or most of the time? Those of you who do, how does that work for the two of you? Do you have a good time doing it together? do you argue a lot in the process because you can't agree on some of the products you buy or their prices or have differences of opinions about the timing or some other issue? To the ladies; does your man leave your side to go look at the car stuff or sporting goods? To the gentlemen; does your lady make you go down isles you don't want to go down to and look at stuff you don't care for or do you both reach a compromise? I know children can make going grocery shopping stressful as they become impatient so those of you with small children do you taken them with you or does your SO stays at home with them or takes them to the toys section to keep them busy? Tell me your situation. There can be a lot of anger and also a lot of humor here so let's see how it turns out.
Shop all the time with the GF, especially grocery shopping. She's an amazing cook and i'm amazing at paying for all the food for her to cook

There's never a problem of her going to stores or aisles that i dont want to go in...if she needs to go down a "girly" aisle and need to go down some other aisle, we just say "i'll meet you at the front (or wherever) in 10 mins". The only 'stress" we have is deciding what to buy for dinner as we both have very different tastes in what kinds of food we like....so, there's a lot of compromising in that regard.

Old 09-06-2013, 03:30 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,833,342 times
Yes, we do almost all of the grocery shopping together and we have a very good time (it's actually something DH has mentioned). Sometimes I DO drive him nuts because for the most part I go down every isle... and read labels.... and compare prices.

In general he's fine with it, he loves the food I cook and that I'm frugal. Sometimes I know he's thinking "JUST BUY ANYTHING!!!!"
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 09-06-2013, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Grocery shopping is possibly the worse thing you can do with an SO, lol

Text me when you're checking out, Ill be in the magazine section,

Lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships