Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2013, 01:31 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,727,236 times

Advertisements

This nice guy-bad boy dichotomy is only helpful for people to explain why their own world is flat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2013, 10:26 AM

6,230 posts, read 6,924,987 times
The really good looking guys are blessed with good genes that they are meant to spread around all over (explains why they suffer from infidelity) The "nice guys" are the caretakers for the woman's offspring from the "alpha" male.

I used to be all bitter and angry about things like this (I'm a 30 year old virgin who never dated) but once I started looking at it from a science perspective I grew to accept it. If you're a guy and can't get a date/laid it pretty much means you are being bred out of the gene pool. Top notch guys have both the personality and the looks.

Old 09-08-2013, 11:20 AM

4,463 posts, read 6,229,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by s1alker View Post
The really good looking guys are blessed with good genes that they are meant to spread around all over (explains why they suffer from infidelity) The "nice guys" are the caretakers for the woman's offspring from the "alpha" male.

I used to be all bitter and angry about things like this (I'm a 30 year old virgin who never dated) but once I started looking at it from a science perspective I grew to accept it. If you're a guy and can't get a date/laid it pretty much means you are being bred out of the gene pool. Top notch guys have both the personality and the looks.
Well unless you ended your own life you still have a lot of time on your hands, you could invent new weapons to blow people up with or become a politician and start a war. Gotta do something to fill your day since you don't have a woman in it. Then you could send in the alpha males to combat who are loitering around bases right now taking the local women to bed.

They never let the roman army into the city other than maybe high officers, there was probably a reason for that. Getting rid of the influence of military bases on dating would be a huge help.

Old 09-08-2013, 11:35 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,204,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futurist110 View Post
I guess that this question would primarily be directed towards women.

Anyway, this question asks itself. I've noticed that some people say that "all of the nice hot guys are gay," and while this is obviously an exaggeration, is there a bit of a "trade-off" between a guy being nice and a guy being hot? Personally, despite the fact that I am currently a biological male and am not gay or bi, I've noticed from that straight guys that women tend to find hot tend to on average be more aggressive and/or rude than non-hot guys, which tend to be nicer on average than hot guys. Thoughts?
Meh, yes and no. A good-looking man is a good-looking man, so that's the first thing that catches the eye. If he's a jerk, I, personally, will not put up with it for long. But if he's a good man, then I'm on him like white on rice.

Also, "aggressive" does not have to mean "jerk." It's possible to be confident and go after what you want without bringing negativity into the mix by being rude, treating people poorly, or being self-centered. My SO has perfected the aggressive-but-good thing. He just puts himself where he wants people to see him so as to stay on their radar, and takes opportunities to help. If he wants your attention, he'll get it, because he'll pursue it: He'll write, he'll call, and he'll get answers if he needs or wants them, but he won't be an abrasive jackarse about it. He does it in a way that makes you feel that your opinion matters and counts, because he sincerely feels it does, which excludes douchebaggery. Also, if he wants to be obnoxious, it's in a playful way, not a hurtful way, and if he really wants to break balls, he reserves that for his brother, buddies, and male co-workers. He doesn't cross the line into disrespect for women.

Average-looking guys may not have the advantage of catching a woman's eye the way a hot guy might, but they can do everything else the same. They can go after what they want without being jerks.

It really comes down to sincerity. If you're being a "nice guy" just to suit your own purposes and get what's in it for you, you'll eventually fail. Young women or women without a lot of self-esteem might put up with it a smidge longer from a good-looking guy than from an average guy, but asshattery is asshattery, and eventually even the good-looking ones get bounced for it, too.

Old 09-08-2013, 05:16 PM

111 posts, read 196,822 times
Sounds more like a doormat to me.

The REAL "bad boys" get everything and everything in their way...OUT of it.

You want to throw sand in his face, you are eating dirt.

If you want to have some laughs, he's the star of the party.

Looks have little to do with "DON'T **** WITH ME".

Old 09-08-2013, 05:25 PM

111 posts, read 196,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highlife2 View Post
Unless her "bad boy" starts a fight someone else pulls a gun and there are a bunch of dead people and she's beat up and put in the hospital or dead. Typical "bad boys" can/will only take it so far, they generally cant handle the heat when stuff starts getting real.

I would wager that most hot women want bullys or fake bad boys and not real bad boys.
No one likes "bullies" male or female ones. You're just a "bully", criminal or thug.

"BAD BOYS" teach 'em ALL a lesson they won't ever forget.

Old 09-08-2013, 05:33 PM

523 posts, read 840,374 times
There's no correlation. I have found plenty of good looking guys that are nice and also ugly ones that are also ugly inside.

Old 09-08-2013, 06:09 PM

9,086 posts, read 1,459,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
Disagree, many dictators are male.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
This is true.
but it was likely their mothers fault...

Old 09-08-2013, 06:51 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,996,977 times
If he's not genuinely nice then it's impossible for him to be hot.

Attraction only works if the person is a decent human being. Otherwise, eww! Repulsive!

(I am talking IRL here, not in the PUA fantasyland.)

Old 09-08-2013, 07:21 PM

5,899 posts, read 5,796,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
If he's not genuinely nice then it's impossible for him to be hot.

Attraction only works if the person is a decent human being. Otherwise, eww! Repulsive!

(I am talking IRL here, not in the PUA fantasyland.)
I'm probably going to get accused of objectifying women here, but I can be attracted to certain women who are duoches, so for me being hot = being nice is not always correct.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships