Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2013, 05:55 PM

11 posts, read 31,721 times

Advertisements

I constantly get approached by these 2 groups. I don't get it. I'm not fat, chubby nor do I have a big butt. I do have big boobs though. I'm Asian and I rarely get hit on by Asian men. If anything they just stare. If a white guy hits on me, they tend to be older or under the influence. They also stare at me alot as well. Also, when I say approached I mean asked out on a date or for my number.

Last edited by nycglitter; 09-11-2013 at 06:23 PM..

Old 09-11-2013, 06:02 PM

1,687 posts, read 1,281,464 times
Because society, at least in urban areas, is deluged with imagery that shows hip-hop lifestyle males to be the more affluent, athletic and attractive kind of male. They would all naturally be more confident.

If you're white and don't look like Matthew McConnehey (sp?) or Channing Tatum, you'll be regarded as a redneck, fuddy-duddy, dork, etc...

(Thankfully I at least bear a working similarity to Tatum...)

Old 09-11-2013, 06:04 PM

9,556 posts, read 20,786,339 times
Cos they got swag!

Old 09-11-2013, 06:08 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,642,088 times
Their culture frawns upon men being fearful around women. Being timid around women is not tolerated or thought of. You will get beat up or mercilessly ridiculed for that.

Old 09-11-2013, 06:11 PM

52,197 posts, read 52,629,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
Their culture frawns upon men being fearful around women. Being timid around women is not tolerated or thought of. You will get beat up or mercilessly ridiculed for that.
I think average working class black guys and Mexican/Hispanic guys are probably a little closer to average in how they approach, I find that the ghetto, more "thuggish" types tend to be more aggressive with women and the same goes for white guys with that same background.

At least that's how I see it.

Old 09-11-2013, 06:12 PM

589 posts, read 638,872 times
Same other way around. Black and Hispanic women also approach more than white women.

Old 09-11-2013, 06:16 PM

4,078 posts, read 5,412,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycglitter View Post
I constantly get approached by these 2 groups. I don't get it. I'm not fat, chubby nor do I have a big butt. I do have big boobs though. I'm Asian and I rarely get hit on by Asian men. If anything they just stare. If a white guy hits on me, they tend to be older or under the influence. They also stare at me alot as well. Also, when I say approached I mean asked out on a date or for your number.
I think men of all sorts of races approach women in their own way, some more overt or covert than others.

Perhaps some men of particular ethnicities have a tendency to be a bit more assertive than others, but it's also individually specific.

I do concur overall that some men such as Asian guys aren't as apparent and obvious in their pursuit, but do so as being your friend first in a unassuming kinda way. Some more aggressive. Depends.

Old 09-11-2013, 06:24 PM

826 posts, read 1,893,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.P. View Post
Same other way around. Black and Hispanic women also approach more than white women.

Whatt!!!!!
Are you serious!!!
Mod cut: rude.
I am a black woman and I have NEVER APPROACHED a dude. None of the black women I know ever do so either.
Our men are the ones that APPROACH US, why would we need to chase them?

Last edited by PJSaturn; 09-11-2013 at 09:00 PM..

Old 09-11-2013, 06:25 PM

2,440 posts, read 3,429,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycglitter View Post
I constantly get approached by these 2 groups. I don't get it. I'm not fat, chubby nor do I have a big butt. I do have big boobs though. I'm Asian and I rarely get hit on by Asian men. If anything they just stare. If a white guy hits on me, they tend to be older or under the influence. They also stare at me alot as well. Also, when I say approached I mean asked out on a date or for your number.
From comments I read and hear in conversation around my area, picking up on women in public is typically unacceptable social behavior for white people who tend to view themselves as classier and more intelligent than we men of color. But it is fine in clubs, bars or at parties.

Men of color are not of the same mindset and are not taught that this is inappropriate and is a healthy manifestation of the masculine ego. To approach women in a copious way in public is saying, "I am virile and sexually aggressive, as a real man should be." Now although many of you quasi-intellectuals might frown upon this attitude, keep in mind that your opinion does not rule the world either.

Old 09-11-2013, 06:27 PM

11 posts, read 31,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I think average working class black guys and Mexican/Hispanic guys are probably a little closer to average in how they approach, I find that the ghetto, more "thuggish" types tend to be more aggressive with women and the same goes for white guys with that same background.

At least that's how I see it.
Not true. Black and Hispanic men of all classes tend to approach me. Not just the thuggish types. It happens to my friends as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships