Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2013, 08:36 AM

1,355 posts, read 2,546,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxlefty23 View Post
creepy
more like super needy

dont do flowers, or any gifts, at all until you know you guys have am emotional connection and its a special occasion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2013, 09:26 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,976,767 times
One flower on the second date seems appropriate to me.

Old 09-20-2013, 10:00 AM

if a guy is picking up the tab, thats good enough imho.

a free meal and free drinks are gifts of kindness as far as im concern.

Old 09-20-2013, 11:49 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,364,652 times
I met my SO online. We chatted and talked for around 3 weeks before meeting.

The day we met was on a Sunday and it was at around 7 in the morning. In one hand he had flowers which included my favorite color, periwinkle, in the other hand he had a Venti Mocha from Starbucks, my favorite coffee at the time.

What did that tell me? It told me he paid attention during our chats and conversations. He knew my favorite color and he knew what my coffee was.

It did not make me feel uncomfortable. It actually made me feel like I probably had a keeper on my hands. Over 2 years later I would have to say my initial assumption was right.

Old 09-20-2013, 11:58 AM

39,232 posts, read 27,611,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuntFishRepeat View Post
Just curious how many people bring a small gift or flowers ? or do you wait to see how things go.. ?
I always did. I normally brought them a bottle of wine, or a Hugo Boss T shirt (after knowing their sizes) Or I brought them some cake to enjoy.

They also brought me something as well, normally just flowers. I absolutely enjoyed meeting new people. It is a lot of fun!

Old 09-20-2013, 11:59 AM

1,830 posts, read 2,152,122 times
Hell no. I want to spend the least amount of money as possible on the first date. I'll take them to free places and if things are going way, then maybe I'll pull out the wallet.

Old 09-20-2013, 12:00 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,748,461 times
Hell no. Why sink money if the date aint even started yet?

Old 09-20-2013, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post

The day we met was on a Sunday and it was at around 7 in the morning. In one hand he had flowers which included my favorite color, periwinkle, in the other hand he had a Venti Mocha from Starbucks, my favorite coffee at the time.

What did that tell me? It told me he paid attention during our chats and conversations. He knew my favorite color and he knew what my coffee was.

It did not make me feel uncomfortable. It actually made me feel like I probably had a keeper on my hands. Over 2 years later I would have to say my initial assumption was right.
goes to my point point about establishing an emotional connection first and special occassions, your first meeting.

Old 09-20-2013, 03:39 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,955,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainGuy74 View Post
A friend of mine told me that she went on a date once with a guy who bought her a cell phone on their first date. It was a prepaid phone and he was so sure that she was "the one" that he wanted to make sure he could reach her anytime he wanted.

Needless to say it was the creepiest date she had ever been on. What in the world was that guy thinking?
GPS tracker?

Old 09-20-2013, 03:43 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,955,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post

I was thinking this^

If you know they like something you talked about prior to meeting then it would be cool.

Fifth of JD, box of Marlboro, hubcaps for her trailer. You know, stuff she can use or appreciate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships