Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2013, 01:15 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,863,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Class Of 1959 View Post
Who died and made you God kid?

Nothing like your completely off topic post to add to the mix.

How can this relationship work out if it was doomed from the start with a bunch of illegal sex?

Answer, not easily.

Statutory laws vary from state to state, but there is no indication that is case, in any form, with the girl the OP is talking about, I'm not sure where you are getting it from.

I don't think two teenagers having sex is illegal in any state.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2013, 01:17 PM

3,549 posts, read 5,377,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Statutory laws vary from state to state, but there is no indication that is case, in any form, with the girl the OP is talking about, I'm not sure where you are getting it from.

I don't think two teenagers having sex is illegal in any state.
This. Some states vary for age of consent. I.e. 16 years old can have sex with any age.

In addition to that there is often like a 3-4 year rule as well. Like a 16 year old could sleep with a 13 year old but not an 11 year old.

Either way entirely irrelevant to this thread.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Old 09-28-2013, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Ah yes, but it is relevant. Either this girl started earlier than she claims, or she cranked five or more out a year for approx five years.

Back to my first post.....who the he'll screws FIVE different people a year?

A blank, that's who.

Ditch this broad kid and don't look back........

VD free too I might add.
This senior citizen is out of touch with the younger generalization. Don't mind him/her

Old 09-28-2013, 02:08 PM

10,363 posts, read 20,801,723 times
Quote:
Are you kidding us Op? At least fifteen partners by age of 21.

That is excessive by any form of measure.

Virgins are not needed but you can do better than throwing a hotdog down a bowling alley.

Lose this young girl...she's already made it with more guys than women three times her age.

Class Of 1959
Wow, well I guess "class of 59" explains it. Just make sure you yourself are not being a hypocrite. Don't count the partners you've had--count the ones you've tried to have.

Old 09-28-2013, 02:32 PM

10,363 posts, read 20,801,723 times
Quote:
I wouldn't know, I've been married to the same woman since September 1966.
Then you missed the entire sexual revolution. The 60's isn't when it was going on--it really started up in the 70's and I should know b/c I was there. I was born in 1959 and I can tell you that the 70's were the "golden age for promiscuity." It was kind of maddening b/c men didn't even expect to work for it--they just went straight for it on the first date and pouted like crazy and/or even just took me home so they could go hunt for a more willing partner, so I stopped dating till it died down b/c I didn't want to have a bunch of ONS. Things have actually calmed down since those days b/c people realized there were worse things than syphilis and then they realized there were worse things than herpes and then. . . well who knows but I do think that the younger generation is actually less likely to rack up partners than they were in the 70's. I think they're likely to try it from a younger age though.

It's not like sexual attitudes go in a straight line progression either. If you look at history, people have been more prudish and less so in cycles, depending on what was going on at the time and what the religious climate was like and depending on how much social control was desired or how much unwed parents impacted the social structure. BTW 59, I'm not writing this so much for you--the Archie Bunkers of the world will never "get it." But folks need to realize that there's been a lot of variation throughout history.

And yeah 59, just curious how it is you're aware of the number of partners your kids had? Hardly a thing I was going to share with my parents, even if I had nothing to be ashamed of and esp with your attitude.

Old 09-28-2013, 02:55 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,204,354 times
Quote:
I wouldn't know, I've been married to the same woman since September 1966.
Ha! Longer than I've been alive, gramps.

Move along, people, nothing to see here but a pre-sexual revolution Ward Cleaver.

Old 09-28-2013, 03:02 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,171,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post

And yeah 59, just curious how it is you're aware of the number of partners your kids had? Hardly a thing I was going to share with my parents, even if I had nothing to be ashamed of and esp with your attitude.
Yeah - that is definitely not something I shared with my parents. And my husband's parents would probably be happiest just assuming he was a virgin until his wedding day - even though we lived together before we got married!

Old 09-28-2013, 03:51 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,171,795 times
Quote:
My son and I trust each other with a safe combination, a million dollar life insurance policy, classified Federal documents and various other items. The number of girls he played stink finger with is childsplay.
My mom trusts me with all that as well. I still don't feel the need to disclose how many men I've slept with and she has never felt the need to ask me. This has nothing to do with trust. It's simply not something that most children feel the need to share with their parents.

Old 09-28-2013, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Nothing you have to share is this important....trust me.

It could cost us both our life.
Youre the one who smokes. Kills a lot more people than std's..

Old 09-28-2013, 04:10 PM

529 posts, read 702,354 times
New poster here. Sorry to butt into the debate, but there is no "average" woman and you guys are discussing two different things. I saw that someone said that "many" women have had sex with over 50 people. That's possibly true, but that's far from normal. "Normal" really depends on who you are talking about. I come from an upper middle class background and while I'm not pretending that everyone was all "good" and so on, girls in that class certainly would view 12 or 15 sexual partners as excessive, even for someone in their 30s. That's just how it goes. In contrast, you could go to some lower class neighborhoods and get that by the end of high school. You may say that sounds prejudiced against the poor, but that's unfortunately the case often times. Not ALL the time, but often. I am sure there are many poorer people who may be virgins or only have had one or two partners. At any rate, to argue with each other about what is "normal" is sort of meaningless because it depends on your background.

As to the OP, I couldn't deal with it. It doesn't matter if people say "well, she's past that now." It still says something about who she was. That's like saying she used to do heroin. OK, well, that says something about her, even if you feel that's unfair. I wouldn't be able to accept that. But to each their own, so I don't know why you guys are fighting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships