Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who would you take ladies a guy you find extremely attractive or would you take the extremely wealth
I would take an extremely attractive guy who makes an average income 7 63.64%
I would take an extremely rich guy who has ok looks 4 36.36%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2013, 10:27 PM

3,009 posts, read 3,642,888 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Being rich doesn't matter. Would I date someone with a gambling problem who worked at a minimum wage job? No. But that goes into character. I don't need wealth. If I did, I would have dated one of the many loaded guys who hit on me when I worked a the gym. I also don't need a super hot guy - or I would have dated one of those guys. I've never met two guys who I liked the same amount but the only difference was money or looks. If I'm head over heels for a guy - I think he's hot no matter what he looks like. And as my husband says, money comes and money goes. You need to focus on the important stuff. When couples fight about money - it's not usually because he's simply not rich enough. Spending habits, lay offs, etc. - these are the things that couples typically fight over - and it's more about people not being on the same page rather than the guy simply not being rich enough.

Most of what you said is true but having some money does help when it comes with getting a GF.

Also got to factor in if a guy hates his job like i do it hard to feel good about ones self.

Old 10-02-2013, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFTRK View Post
I'll post as a default.

When women say "not rich"....they mean more than $50k.

When they say "good looks" it's not a 6-7.......more like 8-10.

SO.......

What happens to the 6-7 who makes $20,000?

S-O-L..........

Default......

IMO women want and need BOTH.
Well played well played .

I do not know if i am good looking but I do know i do not make any money and hate my job So I cant afford to be picky.

Old 10-02-2013, 10:35 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,995,568 times
Honest answer?

I reject both.

I am not comfortable with someone who has a whole lot more money than I do, and my experience is that super-handsome men are used to getting by on their looks. Neither one appeals to me.

I pick the geeky guy in the corner with his nose in an interesting book and physical hobbies like ultimate frisbee and medieval swordfighting.

And no-one here is fooled by the blatant attempt at woman bashing.

Old 10-02-2013, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
Honest answer?

I reject both.

I am not comfortable with someone who has a whole lot more money than I do, and my experience is that super-handsome men are used to getting by on their looks. Neither one appeals to me.

I pick the geeky guy in the corner with his nose in an interesting book and physical hobbies like ultimate frisbee and medieval swordfighting.

And no-one here is fooled by the blatant attempt at woman bashing.

Well there might be hope for me yet but I rather go rock climbing and go running . Vs ultimate Frisbee and medieval sword fighting.

I like to read but the book i read woman would not be into.

Old 10-02-2013, 10:51 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krieger00 View Post
Most of what you said is true but having some money does help when it comes with getting a GF.

Also got to factor in if a guy hates his job like i do it hard to feel good about ones self.
I'm not saying that having money doesn't help - having a good job that pays well is always a plus. And I'd much rather date a guy that loves what he does. In fact, I'd rather date a guy that is following his passion and not making much at all than someone who makes a ton of money and hates what he does. I'm a performer - my ex-fiance was a guitar player. There were times when he didn't make anything at all.

But the question wasn't about would you rather date someone extremely successful in a job they love or a broke guy in a dead end job that he hates.

Old 10-02-2013, 10:53 PM

220 posts, read 269,188 times
Quote:
Well played well played .

I do not know if i am good looking but I do know i do not make any money and hate my job So I cant afford to be picky.
I have the looks, no problem there.

I know I don't have the money though.

I see what women post on "what" they think is average...

Haha

By who's standards?

You/we ain't even close.

Old 10-02-2013, 10:57 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,995,568 times
Quote:
Well there might be hope for me yet but I rather go rock climbing and go running . Vs ultimate Frisbee and medieval sword fighting.
Is fine .

Quote:
I like to read but the book i read woman would not be into.
Oh-oh, dealbreaker! I can't date someone if we don't love at least 70% of the same books. O_o.

Old 10-02-2013, 10:59 PM

Quote:
I have the looks, no problem there.

I know I don't have the money though.

I see what women post on "what" they think is average...

Haha

By who's standards?

You/we ain't even close.

yea i know tell me about it

All I can hope for me is to find a girl that like me a little more then i like her .

Old 10-02-2013, 11:08 PM

2,631 posts, read 7,016,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
Well, if it's all hypothetical and they both have the exact same great personality I am attracted to, I picked money because I figure if he has money, he's smart with money. You don't get rich by being a fool. My Ex was a spend thrift and would spend us into debt all the time--it's a very stressful feeling living paycheck to paycheck. Now that he's gone I have a savings again, no debt, own my car outright, no worries about money, and I feel good. Don't want to lose that all on some pretty guy who may or may not be good with money (Average income mean nothing because income is nothing, it's how you save it that counts and if a man looks that great, you can bet he spends a lot of money on clothes, facials, and all the stuff to look that way).

But to be realistic, the guy I am seeing now isn't a GQ model by any means (he's 5'8", graying hair, bald patch on his head, and getting wrinkles) and he has average income. But I am happy with him and love being with him. I wouldn't give him up for either of the two examples.
Thanks for your input and honesty.

Old 10-02-2013, 11:12 PM

2,631 posts, read 7,016,915 times
Quote:
I'll post as a default.

When women say "not rich"....they mean more than $50k.

When they say "good looks" it's not a 6-7.......more like 8-10.

SO.......

What happens to the 6-7 who makes $20,000?

S-O-L..........

Default......

IMO women want and need BOTH.

I think they need balance but from my personal experience women care less about money because they make their own.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships