Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2013, 04:53 PM

2,087 posts, read 2,848,513 times

Advertisements

I have a couple to a few Facebook friends (not many) that I would call Sex and the City type girly girls. In that, a few to several times a week, they post new pictures of themselves wearing outfits, dresses, and heels either at home in front of a mirror or stomping around the city.

I don't have a problem with it, but it's a big turnoff to me. I think there's a difference between posting pictures naturally and trying to make yourself look sexy in photos. Like I said, it's just not my thing. I have many other female facebook friends who are very cute and more or less don't do anything like that.

I was thinking a couple of things. First, that you have to be pretty in order to have that kind of personality. Which is interesting in itself. If you are a very cute or pretty girl, you could be a girly girl or just the opposite, but the option is not there if you are unattractive.

Second, that most men who have any problems with women aren't really attracted to such women. Which I also think is interesting, because women assume guys struggle because they go for all of the hottest women.

Men, if you date or like girly girls, do you like them just because they are hot? Obviously, such women don't have to compromise any part of their personality to get men, but would you prefer it if they hung out with you in jeans and watched the game and then put on a sexy dress for the proper occassions? Other men, do you tend to go for girly girls? Does it not matter as long as she's hot?
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2013, 05:08 PM

134 posts, read 214,116 times
I like women who are more modest and reserved. For instance, there was this blonde girl in my Math 441 class who was quiet, smart and wore the same jean jacket every day. That's more attractive to me than a loud sorority girl wearing volleyball shorts and a tight t-shirt.

Old 10-12-2013, 05:16 PM

28 posts, read 80,573 times
Girls that are into sex in the city are a red flag. Too much BS.

I like girls that act like like girls. Not chicks with dicks.

Old 10-12-2013, 05:20 PM

11,865 posts, read 16,996,281 times
You think to be a girly girl one has to dress up and take/post pics? That really has nothing to do with it.

Old 10-12-2013, 05:32 PM

2,826 posts, read 2,366,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by james1856 View Post
Girls that are into sex in the city are a red flag. Too much BS.

I like girls that act like like girls. Not chicks with dicks.
I don't like sex-crazed types. But I don't like mousy wimpy types either. I'd like a girl who could probably hold her own if someone tried to force her.

I think I like geek girls, since they're sorta into a male-dominated hobby while still being not like gun and sport types.

Old 10-12-2013, 06:17 PM

330 posts, read 544,912 times
I think I´m quite girly, just not necessarily in the stereotypical way the OP describes....."girly" to me means feminine, not shallow & prissy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJS99 View Post
I was thinking a couple of things. First, that you have to be pretty in order to have that kind of personality. Which is interesting in itself. If you are a very cute or pretty girl, you could be a girly girl or just the opposite, but the option is not there if you are unattractive.
lol. Logic means nothing to you, i see...

Old 10-12-2013, 06:29 PM

1,355 posts, read 2,545,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJS99 View Post
I have a couple to a few Facebook friends (not many) that I would call Sex and the City type girly girls. In that, a few to several times a week, they post new pictures of themselves wearing outfits, dresses, and heels either at home in front of a mirror or stomping around the city.

I don't have a problem with it, but it's a big turnoff to me. I think there's a difference between posting pictures naturally and trying to make yourself look sexy in photos. Like I said, it's just not my thing. I have many other female facebook friends who are very cute and more or less don't do anything like that.

Second, that most men who have any problems with women aren't really attracted to such women. Which I also think is interesting, because women assume guys struggle because they go for all of the hottest women.

Men, if you date or like girly girls, do you like them just because they are hot? Obviously, such women don't have to compromise any part of their personality to get men, but would you prefer it if they hung out with you in jeans and watched the game and then put on a sexy dress for the proper occassions? Other men, do you tend to go for girly girls? Does it not matter as long as she's hot?
OP, two notes.

1. i like em all as long as they are good looking, cute, and enjoyable to be around. every woman is a unique show and form of entertainment. the cuter, hotter, attractive, pleasant, funnier, cheerful, the better. having goood and the best of times is all that counts.

2. you are obviously coming to terms with your sexual appeal and attractiveness to others. your thread pretty much reveals an insecurity imho. and who said they those other girly girl women are compromising their personality and identity. cuz in my experience, they are not. i've always that The Rules book No.1 rule of "be an [attractive] creature unlike any other" was the best advice to women, so don't worry about how other women go from caterpiller to butterfly, focus on your transformation (purposeful enhancements) and metamorphis (biological change). be the best YOU that you can be, and the rest will take care of itself. always the bar for yourself, that's what the other hotties are doing on instagram with those selfies. practice makes perfect.

and btw, that is the same advice guys should heed instead of the "be yourself" b.s. that's often fed to them.

good luck.

Old 10-12-2013, 06:30 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,842,888 times
I'm feminine, I like feminine things like make-up, clothes, jewelry, perfume......but I also like cars, enjoy watching basketball and football. I'm a fighter and stand-up if I think someone is being an arse.

Old 10-12-2013, 06:30 PM

1,355 posts, read 2,545,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasteslikepurple View Post
I think I´m quite girly, just not necessarily in the stereotypical way the OP describes....."girly" to me means feminine, not shallow & prissy.
you're hot, cute, brainy, educated, and naturally arjentina sexy. you know i'd tie your asz down caveman style if i could. nuff said.

Old 10-12-2013, 06:50 PM

330 posts, read 544,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nokiddin View Post
you're hot, cute, brainy, educated, and naturally arjentina sexy. you know i'd tie your asz down caveman style if i could. nuff said.
lol what?. Are you off your medication?.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships