Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2013, 07:19 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,048,957 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Techsmith View Post
Women have it hard too, they run the risks of being fat and unattractive. I disagree with the behavior some women love to practice. You see this standoffish behavior at nightclubs. They use their sexuality as a weapon. It's competitive, what do you expect when you have 15 drunk dudes groping you. You havent had this kind of attention all week long, and now it just fun. Natural selection dudes. That's the beauty of being a man. You have to learn to be awesome, and once you do become awesome, you realize that this **** is all for a reason. And that's so the living doesn't turn retarded, sick, and lack confidence. It's to progress, its to evolve into something greater then we are now.

To the men that are talking OP down, you too are losers. Not all of you, but to the ones that have typical answers. Because if you were truly abundant with women, if you truly had your sex lives under control, you would understand what he is really taking about. Proud to be apart of the top 10% and I enjoy going out and meeting girls, being rejected as an experience to reach the top 2% of that, so that when I go out, I could make the ***** soak and have my choice of the girl that I like most.

I don't think fat women and unattractive women have it hard. IF anything Fat women and unattractive women are probably on par with average men. Depending on what region of the country your in, a fat woman will have a hard time lets say in Socal, Denver or South Beach Florida, but still can find a man in a place like NYC, Philly or in the South. Unattractive women will have a blast in the Midwest, NYC, New England North West San Francisco, no shortage of men their who are lined up to hit the back door. But will have a horrible time in places like Socal, Florida, Las Vegas, AZ Parts of Texas and other parts of the American sunbelt! Women have it hard for other reasons like for example getting sick, risk of pregnancy, excessive spending which causes debt, especially in this day in age due to the fact that marriage does not hold importance as it once did.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2013, 07:21 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,737,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeViolationMcEnroe View Post
A few pts:
  • 1) Any above-average woman (i.e. a woman in the top 50%) gets loads of attention from men, while a man has to be in the top 2-3% to get any attention from women.
  • 2) What makes 1) worse is that men are supposed to have confidence and self-esteem. The 97-98% of men who don't get attention from women have to conjure false confidence out of thin air. On the other hand, any above-average woman gets tons of confidence-building attention and validation.
  • 3) Women want a man who makes at least as much money as them, and strongly prefer rich men, while men will date women of any income bracket.
  • 4) Women obviously care about looks, and there's a strong argument that they care about looks more than men do. The problem for men is that the 2 things that significantly detract from our looks -- being short or bald -- are things that are outside our control. The things that detract from a woman's looks are being overweight or having no rack; remedies exist for both those problems. Moreover, women have a more narrow and uncompromising set of physical preferences than men. That's why, if you read women's romance novels, every guy is described the exact same (as someone no this forum once mentioned).
  • 5) Men are supposed to be the entertainers on dates; women are the entertainees. It's always more difficult to be the entertainer.
#1, 2, 3 are more or less accurate

#4, 5, are not

women generally have it easier to find someone for a non-committed relationship, but women also have more to risk in a non-committed relationship.

Old 10-21-2013, 08:19 AM

36,530 posts, read 30,871,648 times
Quote:
A few pts:
  • 1) Any above-average woman (i.e. a woman in the top 50%) gets loads of attention from men, while a man has to be in the top 2-3% to get any attention from women.
  • 2) What makes 1) worse is that men are supposed to have confidence and self-esteem. The 97-98% of men who don't get attention from women have to conjure false confidence out of thin air. On the other hand, any above-average woman gets tons of confidence-building attention and validation.
  • 3) Women want a man who makes at least as much money as them, and strongly prefer rich men, while men will date women of any income bracket.
  • 4) Women obviously care about looks, and there's a strong argument that they care about looks more than men do. The problem for men is that the 2 things that significantly detract from our looks -- being short or bald -- are things that are outside our control. The things that detract from a woman's looks are being overweight or having no rack; remedies exist for both those problems. Moreover, women have a more narrow and uncompromising set of physical preferences than men. That's why, if you read women's romance novels, every guy is described the exact same (as someone no this forum once mentioned).
  • 5) Men are supposed to be the entertainers on dates; women are the entertainees. It's always more difficult to be the entertainer.
Yup. That pretty much covers it. So sad for the 97-98% percent of the male population who are doomed to live alone.

Old 10-21-2013, 02:27 PM

4,380 posts, read 4,451,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
I said it in the other thread

The men who say women have it easier In dating and women have it harder are almost always in their late teen-Early to mid 20's

The women who say this isn't true are almost always over 30
Yep. I haven't been approached for a date in over 3 years (either IRL or through several attempts at OLD; well, at least not by anyone who actually wanted to go out with me) and I'm not exactly sitting around the house eating bon-bons and crying about it. This evening is the only night this week I don't have plans and that's by choice.

Based on the OP's post, I'm either in the bottom 50% or I'm really a man.

Old 10-21-2013, 03:19 PM

3,391 posts, read 4,483,007 times
Quote:
A few pts:

1) This is false. Plenty of men not in the top 2-3% (whatever that means) get attention from women. Some even date, have sex with, and marry them, too. I know, it's hard to believe.

2) I will grant that men have been way oversold on the whole "confidence" thing. Yes, confidence is a fine thing to have. But being confident is only an advantage if you have a lot else already working on your favor--e.g. you are good looking, witty, funny, etc. If you are unattractive, dull-witted and boring, yet have lost of confidence, women will just find you obnoxious.

3) This is false. BOTH men and women strongly prefer people who are at least their economic equals. No one, male or female, wants to fully support another person.

4) This is just isn't true. Although both men and women benefit from being attractive, women are much more likely to be valued solely for their looks. If you are an unattractive man, women may not want to date you, but they will at least treat you decently most of the time. However, many men go out of their way to be cruel and abusive towards women they find unattractive. It is like the existence of unattractive women is offensive to some men.

5) Not so. Both people lead with their best on dates.

Old 10-21-2013, 03:27 PM

1,020 posts, read 1,011,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
I don't think it's much "harder" for a guy dating. I get dates easily. I broke up with my gf last week and am already going out with 2 other girls.

However, it is a much bigger pain in the ass for guys to date. Women don't realize how much of a pain they can be. Luckily I don't care about how a date goes, I do my best to have a great time without breaking my back. If they don't like it they can go, however to so many other guys out there, they try really hard to make the women too happy and that is why threads like this start.

Bingo!

Men who see women for who/what they are (versus what they wish them to be); and who can be a gentleman without compromising his own needs (and swiftly drop any woman who attempts to make him do so), have no shortage of women.

It is, as burgler09 wrote, "nice guys" who bend over backwards for women that lose -- as opposed to us "a$$holes" (as my GF occasionally refers to me) who stand our ground and hold fast to our social and personal values, who seem to always win big.

Old 10-21-2013, 03:44 PM

2,440 posts, read 3,431,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeGuyInFairfax View Post
Bingo!

Men who see women for who/what they are (versus what they wish them to be); and who can be a gentleman without compromising his own needs (and swiftly drop any woman who attempts to make him do so), have no shortage of women.

It is, as burgler09 wrote, "nice guys" who bend over backwards for women that lose -- as opposed to us "a$$holes" (as my GF occasionally refers to me) who stand our ground and hold fast to our social and personal values, who seem to always win big.
I am a very nice gentlemen to nice ladies who respect that men are different but not inferior. I stand for what I believe while not asking fair minded women to compromise their values or opinion. If I am uncomfortable with those, I have no problem parting in a friendly way.

Old 10-21-2013, 04:02 PM

855 posts, read 1,384,717 times
Quote:
A few pts:
Guys do the majority of the asking.

This in itself makes it exponentially more difficult for men in the dating world. Guys deal with rejection a helluva lot more than women, even moreso if you fall short(no pun intended)of the universal qualities of good looks and attractiveness in western culture by her ideals.

#1 You gotta be X amount of inches tall, #2 you have to have X amount of good looks, #3 she has to be shorter than you in her 4 or 5 inch heels, #4 your friends have to be good-looking also, #5 your worth as guy is graded on her feeling feminine and protected at the same time.

Old 10-22-2013, 03:25 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,201,037 times
Who has it easier to get dates? Not LTR, not marriage, simply dates? Its women easily

IMO the only reason this is even a "debate" is because most women either confuse dating with LTR relationships or completely disragard the dating process if it doesn't end up with their perfect man. This is where ideas like "well I've been on 12 dates this year,slept with 4 of those guys, but I'm totally on the same level as a guy who hasn't been on one or had a woman interested in him in years because heh we both aren't in a relationship right?" Exist

Um... No
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships