Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2013, 06:48 PM

14,375 posts, read 18,380,912 times

Advertisements

I ask this because Prince Frog is always talking about his bad dating pool, and I have female friends in NYC who are pretty awesome people who also have trouble finding dates.

How much does location matter do you think? What are the worst/best regions or cities for dating?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2013, 06:50 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,753,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
I ask this because Prince Frog is always talking about his bad dating pool, and I have female friends in NYC who are pretty awesome people who also have trouble finding dates.

How much does location matter do you think? What are the worst/best regions or cities for dating?
Find a place that agrees with what you are looking for. I wanted more liberal women. Couldn't find any suitors in Louisville, moved to DC, better selection for my tastes.

Old 12-17-2013, 06:59 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,956,787 times
Quote:

Well, look at how well Jet Jockey has done in less than a year of relocating. I think it can make a big difference, depending on the situation in the person's original location.

Old 12-17-2013, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Well, look at how well Jet Jockey has done in less than a year of relocating. I think it can make a big difference, depending on the situation in the person's original location.
I haven't seen what JJ's up to lately. Where did she move to? Is she having fun dating?

Old 12-17-2013, 07:07 PM

645 posts, read 1,069,524 times
Try sticking your head above your work cubicle and looking around. Prince Charming or Snow White might be right next door. The problem might just be a generational one rather than a geographical one.

But yet there's something to be said for the safari approach to finding a mate. I don't know what it is, but I'm sure somebody can say something. Maybe it's that the chase is more interesting than the catch sometimes.

If you want to stay close to home, check out Cornelius, NC, or Ballantyne or Waxhaw. You might find that the socioeconomic figures will help you overcome whatever problems you have with the anatomical figures you encounter.

Old 12-17-2013, 07:12 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,002,282 times
Quote:
I haven't seen what JJ's up to lately. Where did she move to? Is she having fun dating?
She moved to Boston somewhere, and she's been in a relationship for a bit.

At this point, I'd say location is probably one of the most important factors when it comes to dating. Where I live, life sucks for dating, but if you're older, or already married/married out of high school, life is pretty OK. It's an inexpensive area to live in, crime rate is relatively low aside from drug busts and lots of people being tossed into the drunk tank nightly, and there are some relatively nice places to visit. If you like hunting, you're minutes away from the boonies, too!

Old 12-17-2013, 07:14 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,956,787 times
Quote:
She moved to Boston. Had some false starts dating via OLD, but now has a guy!!! What a success story!

Old 12-17-2013, 07:19 PM

2,947 posts, read 7,021,773 times
Location and population are everything. Population, obviously, for the ratio factor. My current location is terrible for dating, and I pretty much don't.

Old 12-17-2013, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
She moved to Boston. Had some false starts dating via OLD, but now has a guy!!! What a success story!
Cool. I'm glad. She's pretty awesome. I knew the East Coast would be better for her

Old 12-17-2013, 07:28 PM

448 posts, read 764,520 times
I'd say it matters a lot, a place like small town in Missouri is going to be full of overweight women and not a lot to do down there. Versus a big city like Chicago is going to have plenty to do and lots of attractive women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships