Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2013, 09:19 AM

157 posts, read 253,120 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
Knowing 100% that someone doesn't want me instantly makes my blood run cold and I no longer want them anymore. Maybe it'll help you, OP, if you let go of any of your hope that you hold onto.

Thank you srjth. I think I am hold on to hope, that's why. Consciously I said I don't, but deep down, there's a part that hopes he'll call, that there will be something out of this eventually. You are right, I should just be strong and not hope anymore. Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2013, 03:59 PM

10,930 posts, read 11,718,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
It's very hard at times. Sometimes I just want to jump his bones.
In that case, jumping someone else's bones may help you forget him...but will you then fall in love with them?

Ask yourself: am I picking unavailable men? Why?

You may be doing it, subconsciously, on purpose.

What's the payoff for you?

Old 11-05-2013, 05:28 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,343,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimi85 View Post
It's crazy!!! I don't know how people do it. Okay, the title is a bit misleading, but it's not really about loving someone you can't have. It's about the feeling of "liking" "loving" or "falling" for someone and the feeling of the "unknown". Regardless of whether you can get that person or not is not an issue. In my case, I think he's way out of my league and is currently emotional unavailable. I can't move on and it's killing me. Not to mention, we flirted and had a great time together. I don't like having a crush on someone. I don't want to feel this way. Arghhh!

How d'you forget someone quickly? If you have any suggestions on how to not feel, I would be more than happy to listen (or in this case, read).
Hey, I'm in a similar boat. I hate when that happens. I try not to have a crush on someone. But sometimes, you just can't help it. Especially when that person goes out of the way for you. (in my case)

She has the prettiest face I ever seen. I try to manage my feelings whenever I'm around her. (Try not to be needy, I try to interact more from a stand point of giving to her as opposed to getting something from her, I know it doesn't make sense, but I'm a wreck and I'm okay with that)

Given my mindset, I normally would have been like, "She wouldn't give me a second look." And yet here I am spending 10 full minutes with her in a little interaction which she initiated.

Here's how it works for me. I see beauty, I decide to just go on with my business to not even entertain the thought of even seeing her again. She breaks the ice. I'm thinking "Okay, she's sweet."

She escalates it a little, I'm thinking, "Get that idea out of your head!!!" It goes to the next level and I'm like, "Okay, that did it, I have a crush!"

I'm pretty sure we're just friends. I'd be happy with a close friendship. There are other women...

Last edited by TJenkins602; 11-05-2013 at 05:38 PM..

Old 11-05-2013, 07:52 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,842,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frihed89 View Post
In that case, jumping someone else's bones may help you forget him...but will you then fall in love with them?

Ask yourself: am I picking unavailable men? Why?

You may be doing it, subconsciously, on purpose.

What's the payoff for you?
I'm not, Dr.Phil.

Old 11-05-2013, 08:02 PM

3,138 posts, read 2,778,777 times
This reply is mostly to the title of the thread, and not so much the different scenario posted by the OP.

Ive been there, and have done that, and it's nothing short of a pure, insufferable hell...Perhaps most of it is self-induced? I don't know.

Objectively speaking no one should pine away for someone who is unavailable to them (either b/c that person has a boyfriend/girlfriend, is married, etc) b/c it's a waste of time. But the heart...it never knows logic or reasoning, does it? It definitely is a difficult position to be in. But know that it's a position you don't have to be in. I've learned that it's one day at a time...even if it's me walking with a limp.

Old 11-05-2013, 10:40 PM

5,993 posts, read 10,183,714 times
Quote:
I have a huge crush.....and will just let life take its course.
It sucks though, big time! Especially if the crush isn't crushing back, or even worse, is sending mixed signals.

Old 11-05-2013, 10:45 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,217,998 times
Quote:
It's crazy!!! I don't know how people do it. Okay, the title is a bit misleading, but it's not really about loving someone you can't have. It's about the feeling of "liking" "loving" or "falling" for someone and the feeling of the "unknown". Regardless of whether you can get that person or not is not an issue. In my case, I think he's way out of my league and is currently emotional unavailable. I can't move on and it's killing me. Not to mention, we flirted and had a great time together. I don't like having a crush on someone. I don't want to feel this way. Arghhh!

How d'you forget someone quickly? If you have any suggestions on how to not feel, I would be more than happy to listen (or in this case, read).

No need to quit doing what you are doing if you really want to choose to waste your life and love on someone who is clearly not available nor interested.

Carry on.........

PS: NO ONE is out of anyone's league unless of course you are playing in a minor league baseball team but have the talent to be in a major league baseball team......

Old 11-06-2013, 02:59 AM

305 posts, read 376,199 times
Quote:

Time heals all wounds.

I don't think you can get over certain people even if you want to. You just have to let your emotions run their course. Hopefully meet somebody who shares your feelings. Just have to face that there are certain people you will always love/like/admire/crush on, etc..

Old 11-06-2013, 06:44 AM

1,883 posts, read 2,520,641 times
Quote:
It's very hard at times. Sometimes I just want to jump his bones.

I say go ahead and do it, he won't care much

Old 11-06-2013, 09:08 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,842,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Min-Chi-Cbus View Post
It sucks though, big time! Especially if the crush isn't crushing back, or even worse, is sending mixed signals.
I agree, but if a person really wants you they will put forth effort to make it happen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor76 View Post
I say go ahead and do it, he won't care much
shortnblack told me its rude. lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships