Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2012, 12:10 AM

44 posts, read 210,606 times

Advertisements

I guess these questions are primarily for women. Do you only kiss men (mouth to mouth) you are attracted too? Also, when a guy makes a move to kiss you, do you allow him to kiss you for the heck of it, or do you try to avoid the kiss. I guess my main question is that whenever a women allows a man to kiss her, that means she is interested...correct?

I am asking these questions because almost every single date I have ever been too, women always allowed me to kiss them however more times than not, nothing serious ever came from all the women I have kissed.

Old 07-02-2012, 12:32 AM

152 posts, read 493,135 times
Usually if I kiss a guy, then it means I'm attracted to him. However, there are guys that I thought I was attracted to, but once we started making out, there was no spark, so it wouldn't go further.

Old 07-02-2012, 12:51 AM

12,101 posts, read 17,083,796 times
Yes.

Some women will kiss you even if they are not particularly attracted if...

1) You take them out on a date and show them a good time and are a nice guy. Some gals (very few I assume though) will give you a smooch just as kind of a courtesy. Kind of like a 'gratuity', "Thanks for the good time, pal" if you will. Find out later, they are not really attracted to you.

2) If they are plastered drunk.

Both of which I have experience firsthand...

Old 07-02-2012, 01:10 AM

701 posts, read 1,562,220 times
Personally, I do not. If I'm not attracted to a guy, I'm not going to kiss him. I don't even kiss people for fun nor when I'm drunk. If the guy tries to make a move to kiss me, I will back my head away to where he can't kiss me at all or I'll give him the cheek.

That being said, some girls are more liberal than I am and will give out kisses, but yeah, they could mean absolutely nothing. It can be confusing, I'll give you that. I think it's more of can you get her number, can you get her to go get coffee with you -- something that says she will see you again -- that is a clear sign of interest on her part, if she says yes.

Old 07-02-2012, 01:15 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,029,399 times
I've found just kissing isn't even all that fun, or as fun as it should be, when there's no real spark there.

Old 07-02-2012, 02:18 AM

190 posts, read 301,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DipGrant View Post
I guess these questions are primarily for women. Do you only kiss men (mouth to mouth) you are attracted too? Also, when a guy makes a move to kiss you, do you allow him to kiss you for the heck of it, or do you try to avoid the kiss. I guess my main question is that whenever a women allows a man to kiss her, that means she is interested...correct?

I am asking these questions because almost every single date I have ever been too, women always allowed me to kiss them however more times than not, nothing serious ever came from all the women I have kissed.
Women do everything that we guys do. Yes they kiss, have sex with people they are not interested in for a variety of reasons.
One piece of advice, don't try to kiss a girl unless you know she wants to as well. Let her work on you . Women, just like us, don't like the easy prey.

Old 07-02-2012, 06:12 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,063,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
I've found just kissing isn't even all that fun, or as fun as it should be, when there's no real spark there.
Agree!

If I wasn't attracted or interested in someone, there is no way in heck I would kiss them, whether it is a peck or open mouth or what-have-you.

Old 07-02-2012, 07:13 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,943,603 times
If she turns her head then you go to the neck. Tenderly kiss her neck area while lightly breathing your warm breath around her ear. Then work your way around to her throat area and up to her chin and try her lips again again.

Repeat if necessary. LOL!

Old 07-02-2012, 07:24 AM

2,618 posts, read 6,161,377 times
I've had women make out with me on a date then never talk to me again.

As for the whole "spark" thing: It's all in their head. Even if a woman really really likes a guy she'll sometimes find a way to take "little doubts" and use them as justification that there's no spark there and the chemistry has faded away.

I don't like to limit my options and if I'm attracted to and like a girl from a personality perspective and we have one kiss and there isn't a lot of spark, I'm willing to give it another shot on another date because I know sometimes it's just bad timing or awkwardness or whatever. A girl I dated in college for 2 years our first kiss was pretty bad. But we kept seeing each other and the next kiss was amazing.

Women just think it's supposed to all be there up front right away and that you're supposed to fall head over heels in love at first sight. If the sparks don't fly with first contact they chalk it up to "no chemistry" and move on. Why? Because any attractive woman has a dozen guys chasing her at any given time (if they don't they're either oblivious or they're unattractive). Even if she only has 10 guys chasing her, she can go to a bar/coffee shop/store/concert and she'll meet two more guys asking her out on the spot.

I wouldn't get too upset about this. I just remain diligent in keeping my options open. If they want to limit their opportunities to meet a great guy and develop something special with them then that's their personal decision. All you can do is do things right for yourself and good things will happen. You don't want a woman that can trash can you so easily because of a feeling she had at one moment, because I got news for you: women change different emotions and feelings like the wind. If you find one that makes rash decisions like dumping her guy because of how she felt one day then you don't want that girl anyway. There's plenty of level headed women out there.

Old 07-02-2012, 07:27 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,124,630 times
Kissing is intimate and can tell much about a person in my opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships