Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2014, 03:41 PM

99 posts, read 135,310 times

Advertisements

I have a friend who is 29, gorgeous , nice body and she's a sweet girl. However, she has always been single since we've been friends. She's never had a boyfriend, ever! Men are always gawking but never say anything other than a mere quick compliment. I've tried helping her by going out to bars/lounges ..anything and noting transpires. Any man she meets, the initially few months are great but then they disappear. If they try to stick around its because they want to sleep with her.

I'm trying to help her but I think some people are just not meant to be in a relationship. I almost feel bad for her and don't know what to say to her when she goes through her bout of depression.

What don't you think of this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2014, 03:54 PM

4,463 posts, read 6,226,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagirlnamedk View Post
I have a friend who is 29, gorgeous , nice body and she's a sweet girl. However, she has always been single since we've been friends. She's never had a boyfriend, ever! Men are always gawking but never say anything other than a mere quick compliment. I've tried helping her by going out to bars/lounges ..anything and noting transpires. Any man she meets, the initially few months are great but then they disappear. If they try to stick around its because they want to sleep with her.

I'm trying to help her but I think some people are just not meant to be in a relationship. I almost feel bad for her and don't know what to say to her when she goes through her bout of depression.

She is dating for several months with no sex, the guys probably cant take it anymore and move on, especially if she is constantly displaying her goods on these dates. That would be absolutly aweful for a guy.

Old 03-28-2014, 04:07 PM

102,185 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:

That's a ridiculous thing to say! According to C-D-land, a lot of guys don't approach beautiful women because they assume either a) they're already taken, or b) they're out of the guy's league.

Maybe one reason nothing happens at bars and lounges is that you're with her...? Maybe she should go with a gf, and you could trail behind, pretending you're not with them, and observe, and circulate, talking to the guys who check her out.

Bars and lounges don't sound like a good venue for her, anyway. Is she involved in activities, hobby groups, photog/art/music/theater improve classes, sports leagues or singles hiking groups, volunteer organizations, or anything where she can meet guys in a low-key environment? Is she friendly, does she chat with people in the grocery store or coffee shop? Is she making any effort at all, besides going to bars?

Old 03-28-2014, 04:14 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,330,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highlife2 View Post
She is dating for several months with no sex, the guys probably cant take it anymore and move on, especially if she is constantly displaying her goods on these dates. That would be absolutly aweful for a guy.
awful indeed, all that gorgeousness...what a waste, Lol

Old 03-28-2014, 04:17 PM

3,452 posts, read 4,616,330 times
Quote:

Has nothing to do with the guys she is with and everything to do with your friend.

Could be that her personality sucks. Could be that she gives off a negative vibe. Could be that she is way too picky. The sex issue will run some men off but not ALL of them.

She needs to take a good look inside to figure out why men aren't sticking around.

I have a feeling her celibacy is NOT the MAIN reason.

Old 03-28-2014, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by usamathman View Post
Has nothing to do with the guys she is with and everything to do with your friend.

Could be that her personality sucks. Could be that she gives off a negative vibe. Could be that she is way too picky. The sex issue will run some men off but not ALL of them.

She needs to take a good look inside to figure out why men aren't sticking around.

I have a feeling her celibacy is NOT the MAIN reason.
The sex thing will run most men off unless they are asexual or have such low self esteme that they are a few days away from hanging themselves.

Old 03-28-2014, 04:50 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,988,473 times
She's a freezer? That could be a factor.

Old 03-28-2014, 05:50 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,238,463 times
Oh leave her alone.

A woman needs a man like a fish needs a net.

She doesn't need fixing or "help" except perhaps saving from people who think single=sad.

In our experience, it means the exact opposite.

Also I suspect your friend might bat for the other team.

Old 03-28-2014, 06:26 PM

99 posts, read 135,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
Oh leave her alone.

A woman needs a man like a fish needs a net.

She doesn't need fixing or "help" except perhaps saving from people who think single=sad.

In our experience, it means the exact opposite.

[b]Also I suspect your friend might bat for the other team [\B].
No, she's very straight. She cries to me all the time about her lack of attracting a man.

It's so bad she's constantly depressed. I'm just trying to be a good friend.

Old 03-28-2014, 06:30 PM

Quote:
No, she's very straight. She cries to me all the time about her lack of attracting a man.

It's so bad she's constantly depressed. I'm just trying to be a good friend.
It sounds like she had some men and kept it too superficial.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships